sharetrader
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

No comments from the Sharetrader readers so did some homework:

http://www.uranium-stocks.net/geordi...ays/#more-1260

This was written a week ago and scroll through to read comments about PDN.

Big macro stuff so I'd be interested to know what the TA analysts would say a buy signal is.

I ve been keeping an eye on PDN for awhile. I am starting to look much closer now. There are talks of China needing large amounts of Uranium and have start restocking again.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    I ve been keeping an eye on PDN for awhile. I am starting to look much closer now. There are talks of China needing large amounts of Uranium and have start restocking again.
    China have more planned nuclear reactors than the rest of the world put together, its only a matter if time before China starts buying up uranium companies.

Watch for the chinese buying in & the U308 spot rate

Announcement today on website regarding supply arrangement. Sent good news to market. Watching with interest next 12 - 36 months. When to buy according to TA would be interesting Phaedrus... Cheers

Banned

Up 40c in 2 days. 11%.
    Last edited by Skol; 15-10-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Interesting broker comment re U2 as well

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    It's pretty obvious that the market doesn't share your enthusiasm for this stock, MM.
    PDN is in a short-term, medium-term and long-term downtrend. That's about as bad as it gets.

A year ago PDN triggered multiple Sell signals and it has been in a steady downtrend ever since. As yet, there is no technical evidence of this downtrend weakening.

Hi Phaedrus

Just wondering about the uptrend in U and PDN in recent months. When is the buy signal? So often you comment on the sells in hindsight. Looking at PDN when would you buy?? If? When? What indicators would show a buy in your TA books?

Cheers

MM

Advanced Member

Default PDN Chart Update.

Quote Originally Posted by mistymountain View Post
    Hi Phaedrus... What indicators would show a buy in your TA books?
    The price trendline and the OBV trendline, as depicted in the chart posted here last July.

What is the buy signal?
    Buy signals are generated when price action breaks above the trendline and/or when the OBV breaks above its trendline.

Looking at PDN when would you buy?
    The usual approach is to delay buying until more than one indicator has triggered a buy signal. It is inadvisable to act on the basis of any single signal in isolation.

When?
    These buy signals were triggered 3 weeks ago.

So often you comment on the sells in hindsight.
    Do I detect a hint of criticism here MM? I am a busy man and have better things to do with my time than monitor your stocks for you. But yes, here I go again, posting a signal "in hindsight" - but it's NOT hindsight is it! Over three months ago I posted a chart for you showing the relevant trendlines - trendlines that had been in place for literally YEARS. All you had to do was monitor the situation.

Phaedrus
    I am always amazed at the time that you devote to others investment decisions. I appreciate your efforts and have learnt much, but still have so much more to learn. (Do not interpret that as your teaching being deficient.)
    Many many thanks

Thanks Phaedrus for that detailed and thoughtful analysis. Your TA buy signal corresponds to my own positive thinking around Paladin's growth prospects, production history and improving price of U since my last posts in July. Your technical clarity cuts through market sentiment and is a great learning curve for myself and others. Your time and efforts to respond are very much appreciated. Many thanks. MM