sharetrader
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scorp57 View Post
    U price has alot more to run this year I beleive... its so widely talked about that it will be a self fulfilling prophecy IMO.

Bring it on!
    More of a big picture being painted...post 666 scorp; I hope not ominous... cheers!!

(what are your U price predictions for later in 2011...?)
    Last edited by mistymountain; 19-01-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    It's pretty obvious that the market doesn't share your enthusiasm for this stock, MM.
    PDN is in a short-term, medium-term and long-term downtrend. That's about as bad as it gets.

A year ago PDN triggered multiple Sell signals and it has been in a steady downtrend ever since. As yet, there is no technical evidence of this downtrend weakening.

6 Months down the track POU gone to US$73 from US$40 and PDN now mid $5 from mid $3. I see significant upside still right through the short, medium and long term. I wonder if the market has turned?

Advanced Member

Default PDN Chart Update

Quote Originally Posted by mistymountain View Post
    I wonder if the market has turned?
    I can see why you are concerned, MM - PDN has made a lower High and a lower Low, but to be in a confirmed downtrend, a lower Low needs to come after the lower high, not before. In other words, it would take a Close of below $4.83 before we could say that the market had turned.

Active traders would of course be out of PDN at the moment and general market sentiment is clearly evinced by the falling OBV. PDN is being distributed.

Phaedrus
    Each of your posts is a learning experience for me, but what does "distributed" mean in this context.

Advanced Member

Distribution occurs when most of the volume occurs on down days, as shown by a falling OBV. After an uptrend this is the selling pressure of profit-taking. Stocks are distributed from the stronger to the weaker holders as smart market participants reduce their holdings. Prices may well be static, but the higher volumes on down days show the selling pressure as larger holders distribute the shares they had earlier accumulated.

Thanks Phaedrus
    I really must read those texts that you have referred to in previous posts.

slow learner

Looks like to me the smart money is getting in again...Airedale brought this stock to my attention over a beer...

Attachment 3719

A large spike in volume with minimal spread, the SP is retesting support and possibly trend line could be ready for another move up...

slow learner

Quote Originally Posted by karlos View Post
    If you wish to be my best friend could you mash that chart into PEN
    Although the offer sounds great I don't have the skills to 'mash' graphs together so have just posted then close together -

Attachment 3720
    Attachment 3721

PDN making higher lows and PEN making lower lows...

slow learner

Quote Originally Posted by Financially dependant View Post
    Looks like to me the smart money is getting in again...Airedale brought this stock to my attention over a beer...

Attachment 3719

A large spike in volume with minimal spread, the SP is retesting support and possibly trend line could be ready for another move up...
    Looks like today was the day, SP jumped across areas of resistance all at the same time. if it can stay above resistance/support it should be off to races...good day for U..

Attachment 3757

slow learner

PDN is doing well (like a lot of energy stocks) but a good buying opportunity seems to be setting up...a test of support and continue the march up will attract my dollars...

Attachment 3764