sharetrader
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Banned

It's a fact that hydroelectric plants have the worst safety records. In 1975 a dam in China failed and 171,000 people perished.

Skol, read my post mate, I wasn't recommending coal over nuclear, but green sustainable energy. But if you think that's coal, that wouldn't surprise me.

Fair enough BC each to their own of course, however we will just have agree to disagree on the nuclear power being safe or clean. What do you think they do with the radioactive waste that has a half life of something like 500,000 years? They put it in copper drums underground. You can just see those copper drums going the distance Containing that stuff. That's if they dispose of it properly at all. Clearly not in the case of Fukushima.

I do object to the likes of Chernobyl & 3 mile island being termed as 'a lot of angst'.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    What do you think they do with the radioactive waste that has a half life of something like 500,000 years? They put it in copper drums underground.
    I'm picking that within 20 years it will be dumped on Mars.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    I'm picking that within 20 years it will be dumped on Mars.
    There is always hope BC, but then it becomes the little green men's problem. ��

For your reference I don't invest in any coal or uranium assets.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

From Casey Research Dispatch :

"The Russians have received a pleasant reward from the sanctions—a devalued currency which now makes their uranium exports more profitable. Why does this matter to Americans?

Eventually, the underfeeding uranium market will transition to overfeeding, which will cause a big spike in the uranium spot price, as it always has in the past. The current US production is around 4 million pounds of uranium annually, which is almost 15 times less than what Kazakhstan produces in a year.

Current US producers are being forced to deplete their reserves at historic lows if they’re hedged. And, also because of uneconomic current prices, very few new projects are moving forward in the US.

At some point, America will be squeezed for uranium, as it is the world’s largest consumer, and it currently imports 90% of what it consumes annually.

With only modest domestic production and the drawdown of DoE stockpiles, where will the metal come from? Russia and Russian-influenced sources. When overfeeding hits and the spot price turns around, US producers that have remained unhedged will benefit. Those that have mines which are built, permitted, and in a position to produce uranium will return significant gains for shareholders."
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    There is always hope BC, but then it becomes the little green men's problem. ��

For your reference I don't invest in any coal or uranium assets.
    Big mistake, had a look at the uranium miners lately?

Anyone still looking at Paladin today? compelling tailwinds for the sector as some have predicted for a few years. An inflection point has come courtesy of Sprott, is this just the beginning?