sharetrader
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

hey all... thanks mackdunk and strat for the competition...

this one year competition was a highly entertaining comp, and at times it was a farce... twists turns... Strat had to become judge 'judy'...
    in the end he left his duty and stayed out of it... hehehe...

There was a whole bunch of debate that was made a whole lot more complicated when mackdunk original pick AGM and it got taken out by Zinifex...
    He delayed his new pick when the markets were tanking (and went on holiday for a week), he picked Pike PRC when he should not have be allowed to... he rushed in real early on picking NWE when he thought I was going to pick it, which I never was... hehehehe...
    we debated about how his AGM performance should be attached to the competition..
    He said that his total AGM return (half the portfolio) should be put into his PRC investment (effectively leveraging his position, which was totally unfair)... I said no no no... ie while holding PRC for every 1 cent pike went up, his overall return went up 1.48 cents... which was unfair...
    he said yes yes yes... so effectively his leveraged position cost him the competition when pike fell 50%, whereas had he not reinvested the whole amount into Pike then he would have won hehehehehehe...

Thanks mackdunk for the comp... I will never again compete with you like this where I have to pick a resource stock...

do you want to compete again next year for a one year comp but we can both pick two stocks of any sector?

your mate shrewd learning how to strut, taught by the master...
    becareful what you teach me, it will come back to bite you... hehehe...

.^sc
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

thanks Laxmi ( I think)...
    hey mackdunk, do you want to run another competition, heads up, for next year... similar sort of drill...

.^sc

Advanced Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    thanks Laxmi ( I think)...
    hey mackdunk, do you want to run another competition, heads up, for next year... similar sort of drill...

.^sc
    Dont mind SHREWDY you work out the rules then we can run from 1st trading day 2009 to the last trading day 2009. Ill whip your ar*e. Macdunk

Thumbs up Two in a row

2009 shrewd vs mackdunk competition...

same as last comp but
    we can choose any two stocks...
    this time it will not be restricted to one resource stock, one oil stock...

each stocks hold 50% weighting of portfolio...
    If there is a takeover, a new stock is picked and leveraged off takeover price (ie- total funds reinvested)...
    also, I am coming to Auckland in June for the Tua Cameron fight, so standings at the end of May will require the loser at the end of that month to buy the other a beer when I show for the auck meeting (you did not buy the poor uni student a drink last time)....I will ahve to win one off yah... hehehe...

You taught me well mackdunk, to play the player and all that...
    to wait until the last moment to submit and gather all information...
    ...just like last time I will let you come out of the gates all guns blazing by letting you choose the stocks first...hehehehe
    This way I get a better idea on what risk return profile I need to aim for.....
    hehehe...
    outsmarted the fox...

hey, no judge this time... we can sort this all out between ourselves...

Comp starts on opening prices on first trading day of 2009...
    Picks must be before open on that day...
    ASX and NZX stocks only....
    good luck, lets hope you can do better than the negative 50% las time...
    hehehe...

.^sc

Advanced Member

One little change if i may SHREWDY not only stocks on the market but something with a fluctuating price that is easily measured like the price of gold etc etc as long as it is in the NZ arena. Unlike you i missed the downturn warned you to get out the market numerous times so perhaps this year you might get taught how to ride a recession out and still make money. Your old mate Macdunk

lets discuss this mackdunk...
    Im all for new ideas that will work, but...
    im not so sure this idea will...
    You are likely to go out and make two commodity positions, and I will have to follow you...
    You will pick two resources , and I will be shut out of the comp...
    We could always run two comps, both are fairly mini ones eah...
    one stocks, and one commodity-> this is the only solution I can think of on the spot...

.^sc

Advanced Member

SHREWDY its pointless being in a competition in something that you dont do in real life. You pick two of whatever you are doing and i pick two of whatever i am doing. It must be something with an easy to work out price like shares, Gold, Silver, etc or some other commodoty with an easily recognised price on the open market. You might want shares in a company i might want something other than that. As long as the price at the start and end are open and fair for all to see in an easy way to work out then alls fair. I see the share market going no where next year you might see it different so lets have a real competition. Whatever you choose must have an easy to buy and an easy to sell price. Macdunk

Default a can of worms...

Mackdunk,
    Firstly,
    I wrote up a big long post describing all... But then I thought, hummm whats the point in telling you the tricks of the trade.......

Mackdunk wants an open competition on anything we can price "in real life", "openly described by the open market"....

I then thought well I can openly price anything I want... (a can of worms)
    mackdunk--->I can lock in guaranteed profits...
    so ok, I will out smart you if you want to play like that...
    I will have my picks in at 928 am (ASX time) on the first trading day of 2009 if you want to play like that...
    but mackdunk,
    whats the point?

we can price anything you want... as a hint I can price TV's and candy from the local store on open and closing prices if you want to play like that...?

but then we are getting silly...

so why not keep this real, and keep this open to the sharemarket as we have played...? if you want to get silly, then we can play a silly comp for fun?...

this is and always has been about the sharemarket...
    If you want me to steal candy from a baby then just say go go ga ga...

.^sc

mackdunk,
    I want to give you one last warning on where you are heading this competition, because yes...! this is a competition between you and me, and decisions are between you and I...

If you want to go down this line then thats ok...
    I give you one last chance to reconsider...

You can not outsmart me...
    Before you head down that line, I will say right now that I can lock and load guaranteed profits of 100% minimum... and I will post pictures and all to prove it... let the imagination run wild...

its up to you?

.^sc

Advanced Member

Talking

SHREWDY first of all if i buy a tv on the first of jan to sell it in dec i would run at a substantial loss. I would prefer to keep it a competition where your money is where your mouth is. That is for instance if i bought an oz of gold on the open market to later sell it on the open market in an easy for all to see the common price. Like i said at the start of this year the market would downtrend leading up to a crash but still entered the competitions to watch my predictions come true. Whatever you buy must be on the open market to everyone at the standard price for all to see in something beyond dispute.
    The time to get smart is when all around you is acting dumb to blind to see opportunities in a crashing market.
    You might like to stick your money on in a downtrending market trying to pick the bottom but i like in times of turmoil, buy material things that you can see to hold, and gain value. Dont chicken out mate start thinking for a change or i will get STRAT back to talk some sense to you. Macdunk