sharetrader
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Thumbs up Merry xmas mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    ok mackdunk, you just heard my sob....
    its back to business...
    as usual becareful what you say because I dont want to have to quote you...

I will tell you right now what I am going to do...
    I am going to buy television sets...My only question is.....

In our yearly competition, is it something we COULD do in real life?

another question, as we are buying home items etc, do we have a set figure... 100k, one mill?...

and its three seperate asset classes right?
    peace

.^sc
    SHREWDY, In real life you buy something to on sell it at a profit. Like i told you i am in the process of buying barrels of processed lubricant. To come to a fair buy and sell price we will take the cheapest price at the warehouse for 20-40 engine oil on the last trading day of each year. That will be one of my selections the other will be the gold price. The share market is not a place for my money right now so why bother in make beleave. I only intend to select what i intend investing in and thats material assets simply because thhe monetry system is in a very risky state of flux about to worsen. Macdunk

CUE
    HZN
    NZO

those are my 3 picks...

.^sc
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    CUE
    HZN
    NZO

those are my 3 picks...

.^sc
    HI shrewdy sorry that i am late, so will allow you to fix the prices.
    As you know i think that the market this year will go no where, so i will stick to the reality of what i actually invest in without going in to detail.
    PPP invested in Australia simply because of the take over potential.

My second selection is based on what i actually did. Barrels of processed engine oil which follows closely to the prices of crude percentagew wise.

my last investment is money in the bank at 8% in Australia think rather than have a competition on what you and i dont do, we should keep it to what we actually try and do. , the oil price, plus the PPP price Shrewdy thats how i see 2009.
    Remember Shrewdy its picking the market that counts. not thinking you are right and the market got it wrong.
    No arguments from me SHREWDY stick the prices up mate.
    Hope you learned to pick the market from last year and not to get bogged down in stupid PE or fundamentral crap that flies out the window in times like this.
    Material things hold their value over time learn to understand that mate money is only a promise to pay. Macdunk

Default shrewd crude 2 nil in yearly comps... this is turning into a slamdunk fest...

ok mackdunk...
    Im calling victory already...
    You cant be going run of the mill against me and hope to win...

you provide further details of your process engine oil investment.....
    and prices...

Id like to know which bank you can get 8% from in aussie...?
    also, it will need to be after tax...

I will post the stock prices soon...

.^sc

Advanced Member

SHREWDY, I wont go in to detail of what i do in private business when most of you are to scared to even use your real name. The sharemarket will have a bad year so no point in me selecting companies for the sake of it when i dont invest like that in any case.
    Pick what you like out of this lot.
    1, OIL is $42-75 todays price a barrel I bought barrels of high grade engine oil in real life with a price that is closely tied to the market price.
    2,ASB in NZ todays rate is 7.43% I have a higher rate in AUSTRALIA bought last year.
    3.Silver $11-10 at todays price.
    4 GOLD $853-85,
    I pay tax on shares so dont complicate things. The market is heading down in 2009 you would be wise to rethink your high risk investing style.
    Pick what you like out of that lot i dont care. Macdunk

Mackdunk,
    I wont use my real name because of paparatzi.......

no problem for you not selecting listed companies...
    thats your choice to fix yourself at the bottom...
    can you give a price for your engine oil?
    remember it has to be a price that can easily be tracked by all people in the market, as you said...

I will put up the stock price on the first day of this year of PPP, but it is up to you to post the details of your other two investment choices...

.^sc

Happy New Year Duncan. Hope the far North is treating you well. Ive kind of got the impression you have returned to the barter system since leaving the Auckland provences.How many eggs or home made loafs of bread can you get up there for a 4lt pack of 20/40?

Advanced Member

Thumbs up Happy New Year All.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Happy New Year Duncan. Hope the far North is treating you well. Ive kind of got the impression you have returned to the barter system since leaving the Auckland provences.How many eggs or home made loafs of bread can you get up there for a 4lt pack of 20/40?
    Many a true word spoken in jest STRAT. I keep a cocky going in sea food he keeps me going in home kill. I think the barter system might make a come back before this crisis ends. Great fishing up here, keep the neighbours in tucker. It looks like young SHREWDY needs another bad year to straighten up his thinking.
    Hope you keep out the market mate its going nowhere for a very long time. Macdunk

Mostly out but cant resist a play here and there Do I remember something being said last year about taking us fishing?

ok mackdunk,
    we have opening prices for the year...

CUE 10cents
    HZN 14cents
    NZO $1.28 (NZX)

and for you

PPP 28cents

.^sc