sharetrader
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

hey mackdunk,
    have not heard from you in awhile...
    your pick, PPP is drilling two wells in Vietnam...
    if one comes off you could come right...

can you tell me when the dividend is paid, so I can add it into the comp...
    wish you all the best...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Advanced Member

Talking You are in for another hiding mate

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    hey mackdunk,
    have not heard from you in awhile...
    your pick, PPP is drilling two wells in Vietnam...
    if one comes off you could come right...

can you tell me when the dividend is paid, so I can add it into the comp...
    wish you all the best...

.^sc
    The dividend is 3c paid on the 6th of june which is roughly ten and a half PC on the initial buy price. Been a busy boy SHREWDY this is one hectic retirement.
    hope that doggy share you bought comes good and you learned something from riding it down. I warned you before about the crashing market, this time i warn you again about the interest rates going sky high. Pity you were to smart to buy that property and miss out. Your old mate Macdunk

Default and back at yah...

alright mackdunk...
    I will add the dividend in next week when I do the monthly update, even though the payment comes a week after that.....
    gotta keep this a closer contest...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Advanced Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    alright mackdunk...
    I will add the dividend in next week when I do the monthly update, even though the payment comes a week after that.....
    gotta keep this a closer contest...

.^sc
    It makes very little difference if you update it a few days early shrewdy but suggest you take all my selections into account which might give you a glimmer of hope in the distant future. Money sitting in the bank waiting on opportunities is worth its weight in gold. We are about to get into a high inflation period later in the year so interesting times old buddy. The objectivity of successfull investing relies on having funds available to exploit the market so dont make the mistake of rubbishing bank deposits. Interesting competition SHREWD ONE hope you are paying attention nobody ever gets it right all the time. One of these days even old Macdunk will make a wrong call. I would say Gold, silver and oil will be the material assets to buy at this point. Macdunk

Mackdunk picks...
    PPP 28c now 32.5c plus a 3 cent dividend=$12,678
    oil $42.75 now $64.70=$15,134
    interest in bank... a massive $10,291....
    mackdunks total portfolio value is $38,103...
    for a return of 27.01% return....

shrewds picks..

Cue 10c->15.5c $15,500
    NZO $1.28-> $1.53= $11,953
    HZN was 14c -> 17.5c c= $12,500

shrewds total portfolio value of $39,953
    33.18% return....

.^sc

Advanced Member

SHREWDY, I hope you at least will not take offence, and look back on our little skirmishes as a learning curve in your investment strategies. First of all i like to say what i do when i do it with reasons for doing so. This sometimes makes me very unpopular, especially when it goes against popular beleaf.
    I said the market would downtrend leading to a crash, I also said that you had no sell strategy, and invested like a fundamental in love with a company like a SNOOPY going down in flames, shouting the world is all mad except me.
    You bought in real life CUE at 21.6c and are now boasting about how clever you are when they crawl back up to 15c in our competition, and how stupid i was only getting 7pc plus capital gain. I told I bought oil, I told you I was out the share market as i see the real crunch will come sooner than later. I also told you gold, and silver and material assets are what to hold.
    You might not like what i say, but give it time then think back in hindesight and judge me on that.
    Most of the time we dont agree, but in real life that is what makes us so much alike, we are not afraid to have a go.
    If i had have half your enthusiasm about finance at your age, i would own half the world. Alas having half a brain i enjoyed most of my life having a good time and dont regret it.
    I dont need money I have good health, a happy family, and great friends, thats all we require in life so I look forward to all our upcoming skirmishes you young whipper snapper.
    Gold and Silver Shrewdy, Dont overlook them when the real crunch comes.
    Macdunk

Mackdunk,
    I did a heap of research on CUE...
    move than ever before... I know the company inside and out...
    I bought for a reason, and I wont sell until
    1) im proven right...
    2) information comes which is bad...

its really as simple as that...
    I wont sell, when that info is the same as when I invested...
    I know im not wrong...
    to bloody bad if I lose 50% to then make 50% profit...

up down, round and round... this time the end result will be the same as others...

mackdunk...
    you are right about most things...
    At times you can not admit when you got it wrong...

I have no problem you going against the grain, and you saying to get out the market... and you being negative... that is a good call if you got it right...
    BUT.... the way you do it, you use it against me to remain dominant... and its a load of bull, cos had I done exactly what you told me to do, then I would have been bankrupted in property (negatively geared)...
    and you have never come out and admit that...

I am looking forward to come to Auckland with serpie later this year...
    I hope to see you then, so we can have a chat...
    we are similar...
    we are both rampant animals on the same thread...
    and nice people in real life...
    hehehehe....

.^sc

Advanced Member

Thumbs up

SHREWDY our one big difference is experience. I have seen what happens to people who think they have it right, simply because they think that they studied it enough not to be wrong. Your greatest ever mistake was buying CUE with most of your funds at the top of the market. If you had taken more interest in the price of the oil charts, and taken those into account you would have escaped the huge downtrend. SNOOPY bleats on similar rubbish, and would be well advised to leave his funds in the bank.
    I doubled my money in one year on nickel stocks using only the price, and quantity available charts as my buy and sell indicators. All the companies went up in unison and all dropped back in unison. Fundamental analysis is as usefull as tits on a bull, its supply and demand that raises or lowers the tide of market prices.
    Take your CUE for instance and compare the share price chart with the market value of oil chart. I will lay odds it follows the oil price making a mockery of your fundamental analysis.
    The bigest mistake you can make is lose money always play it safe that is the one thing you have still to learn. Macdunk

ok mackdunk...
    I took your advice and went out and made a small position in WCUO...
    enjoy Queens Birthday Holiday.....

.^sc

Advanced Member

Talking Catch me if you can

HEY CRUDE ONE.
    Its almost time to do the sums to find out how far you have to go playing catch up.
    Remember PPP had a 3c dividend that went in the bank on the 6th of june that is now interest bearing. I wont nag you for not allowing me to have gold or silver in my selections otherwise you might get depressed.
    Your old sparring partner Macdunk