sharetrader
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Talking

I notice you dont mention my second pick MEE which you forced me to select before you changed your mind back. MEE was 68c now 75.5c with much better prospects than PRC.
    Not bad for an old fellah that cant count EH?. Three out of four in steep uptrends in a plummeting market and i would have gone for PPP if i hadnt decided to upstage you and your grannny recommendation. You two lads have only one out of four between you not to good for a couple of young guys. STRAT come out with the numbers at the end of the day lets keep it honest. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Talking

You had better do the numbers again tonight SHREWD ONE PRC has just gone up 6% this morning making the month of June another great month for poor old Macdunk. Its great how lucky you get the harder you work at it dont you think?. Macdunk

Here we go again

Advanced Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Its great how lucky you get the harder you work at it dont you think?....
    What do you mean by that,
    You did not work hard for Pike at all...
    You slammed it for the best part of two years...

.^sc
    SHREWDY, I see you have learned nothing from me in the last couple of years. A company only represents a means to an end. I dont care what a company is as long as it trends up. ITS THE MARKET I READ NOT A COMPANIES STUPID FUNDAMENTALS.
    Why do you think that i am out the market?.
    I told you six months ago that the market would downtrend leading to a crash. The market downtrended into a recession leading up to a crash which is coming. You still insist that because i say this or that about a stupid company that i should forget all about the herd perception of that company or sector. At least my mate STRAT knows that Macdunk would invest in a company making weapons of mass destruction if there was a quid in it.
    We are here to win a bloody competition you and i by fair means or by fowl not preach on about ethics.
    Thats why i invest its to make money nothing else matters. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Talking

Yes,
    It is obvious that you are not ethical...
    This competition has proven it many times...
    Your mate Shrewd crude...

.^sc
    SHREWDY, I have given you three resource stocks out in this competition that are all winners. My only loss is on your recommendation to your granny. Take a look at MEE forget the competition. You told me to select another resource stock when AGM delisted which i did. You then tried to hold a poll to see if i was allowed that stock. I then made it easier for you by selecting another stock that you would not object to. You then did an about face and said i had to take the stock that you objected to.
    After all that you say that i am not ethical when it was you who changed the rules and did all the objecting.
    You then insult my good friend STRAT by calling him an old woman in the form of judge judy to preside over your shady competition. Interesting competition mate. I would hate to see you trying to organise a sh*t fight in a cow shed. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Talking

AGM got delisted from the ASX after the takeover...
    Mackdunk Picked PRC... Pike River Coal to replace AGM....
    The new price from his new selection was $2.08 set a few days ago...
    AGM went from $.735 to $1.10 --> good pick mackdunk,
    lets see how your next one performs, as it must do a mighty run or Wisteria coming through as a last chance high risk gamble...
    Wisteria success or failure will determine if you bump me off the top or not... I hope for your sake that drilling is not delayed as that would spell ultimate doom...
    Stuff this FML... what a joke that one has become...

.^sc
    HEY STRAT this is how i see it.
    AGM $5000 bought 6802.721 shares at .735 each
    got delisted at $1-10 which is then worth $7482.9931

PRC was bought at $2-08 with $7482-99 giving 3597.59 shares which are now worth $2-38
    or $8562.26. This gives a profit on $5000 of$3562-26 or 71.24% on my initial resource selection according to SHREWDY. No doubt the SHREWD one will come back bleating about this or that trying to change the rules so i rely on your being a fair minded person to stick the boot into him if he starts squacking. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Talking

SHREWDY, I only reverted back to what STRAT said earlier on about getting delisted then sticking the money on the next selection. Far be it from me to try and influence our mate STRAT. I only used figures to make it easy for him to work out a percentage.
    You forget one very important thing that i will take as a compliment to my selecting ability and that is sticking all my winnings on the second pick, as i would do in real life. It can work for or against me.
    I notice you dont say anything about the other selection i made, when you objected to PRC.
    Not bad dont you think SHREWDY?, three winners out of three in a downtrending market with only your granny recommendation holding me back. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Talking

Your kidding me, right?
    NO... what you would do is you would pull all your funds from the market and batton the hatches...
    Yes you tell us what you are doing in real life?

.^sc
    Oh, and it cant work against you, PRC is a winner...
    SHREWDY, In real life as you know i said the market would downtrend leading up to a crash and removed my funds from the market. I also said the NZ dollar would downtrend so left my funds in Australia. Some people now say the market is crashing my funds have had about 13% gain in exchange rate since being there. Getting back to the competition if you only take the resource side of it with the two companies now involved then if you stop and think about it i changed nothing. The monetry figures quoted were only a laymans way of coming up with a percentage. Add the percentage rise of AGM from the start to when it got delisted to the percentage rise of PRC from the day AGM was delisted up to now and you will come up with the same answer. The percentage rise on that half of the competition is exactly the same. If however you think you dont have a chance of winning with me on PRC then i am quite prepared to still take MEE which was 68c at that time, You notice our mate STRAT is lying low at the moment letting us scrap it out before he bomes back with the big stick. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Talking

LOOKS LIKE WE NEED A JUDGEMENT from judge judy. STRAT WHERE ARE YOU?. GEEZE its a good job its only the three of us in this competition the average guy would get a bit miffed off with all your cheating. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Sorry Macca,
    Been a bit busy.

How we gonna work this out? At the risk of starting a new debate this is how I see it. We all started with two stocks with a 50/50 equity in each. You had to sell down AGM ( at a profit ) and used that money to buy PRC which means in order for me to to show your overall performance I need some numbers. Sell price AGM. Buy price PRC. I can then work out the ratio betwen your two stocks and your overall performance to date.
    SHREWDY i am only giving you the numbers according to STRATS ruling.
    AGM .735c according to you delisted at 110c = 36.5c gain = 49.65
    prc 208c according to you now 238c = 30c gain = 14.42% = total of 64.07% less whatever your stupid NWE cost me. However in the real world when AGM got delisted all the funds would have gone on the next company which is only fair and reasonable giving me a higher return of 71.24% which STRAT in his wisdom will come back at you and tell you how wrong you are. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Now that you concede that old Macdunk is whippin your butt it will be interesting to see my mates STRATS figures on by how much. I think my MEE will end up whippin your butt as well notice you dont mention that one that you forced me to select when you objected to me selecting PRC. First seven rounds to Macdunk only five left. macdunk

Advanced Member

Talking

Where you at strat?

.^sc
    STRAT is being SHREWD if you will excuse the pun. Its like two drunks fighting in the pub where the barman lets them beat each other up before turfing them out.
    I have one slight advantage being that the profit from AGM is locked in. C-MON STRAT sort young SHREWDY out dont let him take advantage of poor old Macdunk

Where you at strat?

.^sc
    Been Busy in the kitchen and didnt realize there was a brawl in the bar. I will decide on whether to toss you two drunken bums into the street first chance I get. No hurry, its cold out. Right?

Advanced Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Been Busy in the kitchen and didnt realize there was a brawl in the bar. I will decide on whether to toss you two drunken bums into the street first chance I get. No hurry, its cold out. Right?
    C-MON STRAT time to do your sums.
    Macdunk
    1,AGM .737c delsted at 110c bought PRC 208c todays price 216c.
    NWE 26.5c todays price 15c.

SHREWDY, VPE 16c today 21.5c
    FML 10c today 4c.

STRAT, AMU 67.5c today 63.5
    MHL 3.3c today 1,6c

There you have it STRAT in real life i would have bought PRC with what i sold AGM for but SHREWDY thinks thats not fair so i will leave it up to you to tell him how wrong it is to keep cheating. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Talking

SHREWDY, STRAT will sort you out when he comes back. You and i are not the hold forever types this is a competition nothing at all to do with real life. The gain i made on AGM is locked in when i was forced to sell. Being forced to sell meant that i was forced to select another company according to you.
    All your initial stake is at risk in this competition why shouldnt mine. If the market collapses you could lose the lot. I would still have the profit from AGM which gives me an unfair advantage over your good self. I being a fair minded person i should risk the lot on my second resource stock giving you an equal chance when the market collapses. I know STRAT being a fair minded person will look after your interest even although you cant see it yourself. Macdunk