sharetrader
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Duncan... are you BRICKS?

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    ITS NOT A PRETTY PICTURE LOOKING AT YOUR RESULTS YOU GUYS. Thats why we dont have updates or any comments on the subject. Hope you were smart enough to get out the market in time SHREWDY with a stop loss on your VPE. The market will crash after the olympics plenty of road kill coming up for me then. Hope you boys are still around to join me in the market when the sun reappears and we can all make hay together. Macdunk
    Sorry fellas,
    Ive been rather busy with dare I say it, more important things and when I havent been busy it has slipped my mind.
    I will get onto it within the next few days. :o

OK fellas I have half an hour to kill.

This is how it all started

Shrewdy posted this

share picking contest...
    MD vs SC....We each pick two stocks and go on closing prices of this Firday the 16th Nov... one year long... starts on open the next monday for 1 year...
    we pick one oiler and one resource stock each...
    each stock has 50% weighting in portfolio of two stocks...
    dividends are included etc.... no pusssy stocks like BHP, RIO or STO, woodside...
    steel balls mate...
    post before open on Monday...
    Loser must invest in stock chosen wisely by winner.......
    thats my suggestion, want to add anything into the mix mr mackdadunk?

Macca replied

The Only thing that i would like to add SHREWD one is that you must actually hold your selections at the time the game starts. That gives you one day to find a decent miner. JEEZE it looks like i must spend five bob and buy a stupid oiler. My miner for the long term of a year that i expect to go from todays price with 100% safety of being in the blue is AGM. It starts producing shortly it has everything in place and is in line for a take over play. Money where the mouth is i say at least a fifty pc gain in twelve months. Oiler i will think about and post tomorrw. HEY MATE can I be the REF?. Macdunk

This was the last performance up date

10/05/2008

Macca
    NWE buy 26.5 current 18.5 70%
    AGM buy 73.5 current 110.0 150%
    Overall 110%

Shrewdy
    VPE buy 16.0 current 21.5 134%
    FML buy 10.0 current 5.8 58%
    Overall 96%

Strat
    MHL buy 3.3 current 1.7 52%
    AMU buy 67.5 current 59.5 88%
    Overall 70%

This is how I see it.

The intent behind the competition
    To see who can come out on top with an oiler and a miner with a 50/50 split. Each of you got to choose a stock in your preferred field and one in the others preferred field.

Macca chose AGM which has since been delisted.

The comp was for a set period with no % of the initial investment to be added or removed for the duration. We could have made Macca hold the sell down value of AGM to the end of the comp which could be construed as fair but it was agreed by all he could have a second pick so it is reasonable to assume therefore that any gains made from AGM would be reinvested in PRC.

Before I post the update I should point out Macca that AGM bowed out at $1.09. Not $1.10

From Direct Broking
    CompanyCodeChangeLastBuySellHighLowValueVolumeTrds AllegianceAGM.ASX109

In addition Shrewdy you posted this which means the exchange rate at the time needs to be taken into account. I will not add in brokerage because no money value on the purchases has ever been stated.

Since you picked the Share price Yesterday, Ive gone off todays open price... I think its the same as the close the night before...
    SO
    Mackdunk is now PRC (NZX) at $2.08, and NWE...
    This NWE will cost Mackdunk the competition if AC/P32 two hundred million barrel target, comes up dry...

Once I determine the exchange rate at the time I will post an update
    Last edited by STRAT; 07-08-2008 at 11:48 PM.

Advanced Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    AGM got delisted from the ASX after the takeover...
    Mackdunk Picked PRC... Pike River Coal to replace AGM....
    The new price from his new selection was $2.08 set a few days ago...
    AGM went from $.735 to $1.10 --> good pick mackdunk,

.^sc
    STRAT, SHREWDY has it wrong again. We are all investing in the ASX get the price of PRC on the ASX at the time AGM delisted. I would not in real life bring money back from Australia into a down trending NZD. Forget about the exchange rate keep it all on the ASX where we all have our selections.
    I suppose SHREWDY will object to that as well. Its not going to be a pretty sight when the crash hits but who cares its only you two playing the market. Macdunk

mackdunk said-
    STRAT you dont do it like that. You work out the percentage profit on AGM which gets added to the profit or loss on PRC. You cant take it in a situation like that and say you sold AGM at a profit then bought PRC with the profits.

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

any way...
    Judge strat has spoken so I will accept his decision...
    I have PRC.asx set at $1.65...
    If you go to SC... its quoted from the 10-6-08...
    and if you go to yahoo.com
    fianance search...
    type in PRC.ax...
    go historical prices...
    you can get the price off that...
    and while your at it strat...
    give us an update you lazy son of a B***H...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Geez you fellas are hard work.

Taking into account that you guys make this up as you go along and that a precedent was set in previous rulings that posts not disputed at the time of posting become the rules of the game and the fact Duncan that you didnt dispute PRC being on the NZX at the time PRC was chosen, NZX it is unless Shrewdy agrees. For me ASX would be easier but its no biggy.

Once you both agree on PRC.NZX or PRC.ASX I will update the results.
    If you cant agree, which is extremely likely it will be NZX.

I agree on what ever your judgement is Strat...
    you are the big cat...
    you call the shots...
    Add AGM's performance to PRC's...
    sounds good to me....

.^sc

Mackdunk,
    I just cant believe what your silly resource sector is doing to my results in the comp... I was orginally going to pick Lihir Gold... Bang, thats now down 50%... all resource stocks are down at least that...check out MRE.... and all your previous favourites are getting savaged... You made a good move selling out of the market... its perhaps not quite the same if you were an oil man...
    The only two stocks I can see doing good since the comp started... 1) AGM.... 2)PRC....
    all others have been savaged... and you picked both of them...

Vic Pet turning again.... action is going to heat up... I am going to go out in style here...
    Im happy to come second to you... im still a champion...
    silly me for suggesting half oil half resource stock... thought it might get interesting huh?
    I never thought it would be this interesting...
    you savage little cat... I wanted it to be close, not this close... damn....
    you monopolised with resource, I monopolised with Oil...
    (as expected)....
    strat monopolised with?..... with his judgements...
    well not even that anymore...
    hes just a back bench, burnt out lawyer, or perhaps sitting on the Jury... hum... now he aint even that... he got a note from his boss so he does not have to show...
    Strat, We have already decided that we are going to replace you...
    Your services are no longer required...
    thatnkyou... you still run in the comp though.....

.^sc

strats, monitor holdings MHL... up 25% today...

.^sc