sharetrader
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

Marketing Manager, Direct Broking Ltd

Default passwords

The password has nothing to do with Saturdays maintainence. Ring 0800 805 777 and have it reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Sehnsucht888 View Post
    STRAT - Can't you just use the "New Movement" button at the top right of the portfolio screen?
    Thanks for that I will check it out as soon as I have time

Quote Originally Posted by JulianG View Post
    The password has nothing to do with Saturdays maintainence. Ring 0800 805 777 and have it reset.
    0800 numbers don't work from overseas
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

rmb brave there is an ordinary number accessable from the contact us tab
    Possum The Cat

That's a great solution!

Squander $15 on an international phone call just because DB decided to screw with my password.
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

Default 0800 numbers

I guess we could offer an 0800 number that works in every country in the world but that would mean upping brokerage to pay for it.

Who's up for that?

rmbbrave, you can always email help@directbroking.co.nz.

How about not screwing with client's passwords in the first place?

Default did we?

send me your account details and I'll find out what happened
    julian.grainger@directbroking.co.nz

Good on you Julian for putting your name up personally to solve the problem of RB- this shows you and DB in a very good light.

Keep up your good work and monitoring of client problems.

I for one am currently very happy with the weekly contacts and service (and reasonable brokerage rates) from DB.

Hawke.
    “For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to Win.”

I am still annoyed at DB for mucking around with my password.

However, Julian fixed it up so thanks very much Julian.

Default New Issue

New Perpetual Preference Share issue investment statement available at https://www.directbroking.co.nz/directtrade/dynamic/issuedetail.aspx?id=206

Julian what has happened to your staff lately Have been assisting my daughter to open NZ & Aust broking accounts with a chess transfer and conversion of 1 issuer sponsored to chess sponsored Australian share plus direct broking call accounts & Macquarrie cash management account. The paperwork was submitted just before christmas and seems most of it was lost or we did not fill it in correctly. If forms not completed correctly surely we should have been informed. Still trying to sort it out when we did not get notification of chess transfer we contacted direct broking about doing it again submitted new paper work ten days later get contact to say jdv account in australia does not exist
    Possum The Cat

Default onto it now

Thanks for going through the application it twice - I wouldn't have your patience..

I'll get back to you as soon as I find out what is going on.

Tune in tomorrow to discover what REALLY happened to Possums daughters account application...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Guru

Julian can you please shoot the person that set up all the flashing DB advertising on your website. It is a pain in the proverbial. Totally distracting and pointless.

Thanks

Default ads

It was me

We are testing whether the website can handle more sophisticated advertising in the secure zone with a new ad server.

I've capped the number of views per session so they will disappear after a few pages.

The flashing DBL ads will disappear in a week when we have some data on performance but you'll probably see others pop up in time.

Julian thanks for the Email reply. Daughter can not leave her conference to meet you at head office. But would like to know how many customers you have lost due to what seems like an absolute shambles of a web site. Why would somebody want an Australian Dollar Macquarie call account without A Australian share trading account so surely a good employee should have enquired has something been mislaid a phone call could of saved a lot of customer ill will. As you said you would not have had the patience. If there had been reasonable alternative you would have lost Two accounts. I am no longer Keen on recomending Direct Broking to people.
    Possum The Cat

Default Possum

This is the first such complaint we have received in my short time here and, after asking my colleagues, we are not aware of any other such instances.

I have gone through the email correspondence and I am more than satisfied the staff member has conducted herself in a professional and considered matter. I personally found her correspondence quite helpful, providing a full account of the information we require. I see no issue whatsoever with that staff members performance.

That this mishap has occured does show us to be human after all. We will keep scouring our files to see if we have the original application forms. We are contrite that it has occured and we will continue to go the extra mile so your daughter can transfer her chess account.

I'd be very happy to walk over to your daughters conference right now with the correct papers so we can get it sorted out immediately. If this suits, she can call me on 021 0274 8269. Otherwise, we have sent the appropriate information to fill in at her convenience.

Once more, sorry this has occurred. Your recommendations have been valuable and appreciated.

Julian

Julian the Email correspondence has been excellent but without Knowing how much was mislaid it has been an ongoing saga first we had to ask about the CSN requested as daughters NZ shares were pre Common Shareholder Number. I think possibly the mix up accured over the Christmas Period and was possibly handled by somebody not exactly conversant with the process. Michelle has been very helpfull so no complaint about her emails. I thank you for your offer but daughter will have her mobile switched off and I have no idea where in Wellington she is in. Will complete paperwork and post on Monday. As you can probally understand we are slightly brassed off.
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by JulianG View Post
    It was me

We are testing whether the website can handle more sophisticated advertising in the secure zone with a new ad server.

I've capped the number of views per session so they will disappear after a few pages.

The flashing DBL ads will disappear in a week when we have some data on performance but you'll probably see others pop up in time.
    So that's what has been happening! I agree with 777, really annoying even tho it does disappear after a few pages- I thought it was my 'Vista' malfunctioning, & spent some time trying to correct things.
    However, still really annoying you take up so much of the top of the page with the ads, & when they disappear with just the DB logo- means users have to scroll often to see down the page, when if you didn't take up all the space at the top often you wouldn't need to scroll to see info you want- Really annoying! If you have to put the ads in, why not down the RHS?