sharetrader
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: Direct Broking

ANZ Securities

Default You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Hey Alice

Just wanted to say thanks to your team, specifically Raewyn, for helping to get my AIZ sale through without incurring late seytlement fees. Didn't know a few things about ASX trades until yesterday, but realised how tough you guys have it some times putting up with traders like me! Please pass on my thanks.
    Hi moosie,

Thanks for this great feedback, I will let the team know.

And of course, we're happy to help with your trades - I'm sure you're not our toughest trader

Cheers,
    Alice
    ANZ Securities
    0800 805 777

just discovered this thread and find it great to have somebody from ANZ Securities monitoring it. I do like Direct Broking (well, ANZ Securities) and regularly trade with them. Maybe one improvement proposal for their (your?) webinterface:

When looking at NZX announcements (using the ANZ Securities webpage), I either get a txt version of the announcement or alternatively (and too often) just the meta data - i.e. I need then to go the the NZX website and search there for the announcement to get the information content. Would it be really that hard to put a direct link to NZX announcements into your "news" tab? I noted that you can do it for ASX announcements - why not for NZX?

Not a dealbreaker, but greatly appreciated ....
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 30-07-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: typo(s)

ANZ Securities

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    just discovered this thread and find it great to have somebody from ANZ Securities monitoring it. I do like Direct Broking (well, ANZ Securities) and regularly trade with them. Maybe one improvement proposal for their (your?) webinterface:

When looking at NZX announcements (using the ANZ Securities webpage), I either get a txt version of the announcement or alternatively (and too often) just the meta data - i.e. I need then to go the the NZX website and search there for the announcement to get the information content. Would it be really that hard to put a direct link to NZX announcements into your "news" tab? I noted that you can do it for ASX announcements - why not for NZX?

Not a dealbreaker, but greatly appreciated ....
    Hi BlackPeter,

Nice to meet you and I'm glad that you like us - we like you too.

Understand your frustration over missing content in some of the NZX announcements - particularly PDF documents.

We have a direct feed from the NZX, that's how we replicate the announcement on our site rather than redirecting you to the NZX site, and our team are working on a development project to ensure the missing content (PDFs etc) is delivered to us and made accessible on our site.

Cheers,
    Alice
    ANZ Securities
    0800 805 777

Quote Originally Posted by AliceSaville View Post
    Hi BlackPeter,

Nice to meet you and I'm glad that you like us - we like you too.

Understand your frustration over missing content in some of the NZX announcements - particularly PDF documents.

We have a direct feed from the NZX, that's how we replicate the announcement on our site rather than redirecting you to the NZX site, and our team are working on a development project to ensure the missing content (PDFs etc) is delivered to us and made accessible on our site.

Cheers,
    Alice
    Hi Alice, thanks for the swift response. Great to hear your team is working on an improvement. Let me know, if you need somebody to test the improved interface ... happy to volunteer

ANZ Securities

Hi all,

It's been a while since we've spoken but I wanted to let you know that I'm moving on and this is my last week with the ANZ Securities team.

If you need assistance with anything, if you have questions, comments or recommendations - please call our service team on 0800 805 777 (+64 4 499 6655 if you're offshore) or send an email to help@anzsecurities.co.nz

This thread will not be monitored regularly, so it's best to phone or email.

Many thanks for your support and your contribution to this thread.

All the best,
    Alice

ANZ Securities
    0800 805 777

Giday Alice...thanks.
    Am I correct that the issue that Blackpeter raised ..remains.troy

Giday Alice...thanks.
    Am I correct that the issue that Blackpeter raised ..remains.troy

Banned

Sorry to see you go Alice! You've been a great troubleshooter and contact for STer's over the years.

Wish you well in your future endeavors and hope they are fruitful for you
    Last edited by BFG; 29-01-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Guru

Man,moosie -I take misspellings with a grain of salt mostly--but that is a doosie!---(correct me if thats a real word)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Man,moosie -I take misspellings with a grain of salt mostly--but that is a doosie!---(correct me if thats a real word)
    Yup, "smart"phone autocorrect is a doozie

Anyone else having prob with speed of Direct Broking site? Last 2 weeks I've had probs and often 'times out' when trying to load page.

Tyre Kicker

Have been using a lot over the last 2 weeks with no probs thru lack of speed.
    chippy52

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Anyone else having prob with speed of Direct Broking site? Last 2 weeks I've had probs and often 'times out' when trying to load page.
    No time out , but they did have problems on Friday keeping up with orders . Wish they would allow DMA.

feels to me like ANZSecurities / Direct Broking is down ... or can others access the site?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

feels to me like ANZSecurities / Direct Broking is down ... or can others access the site?
    just called them. They did confirm the outage and said that their IT people treat this problem with priority (what a relief). However - they couldn't give me an idea how long the outage will take.

Probably time to get this cup of tea ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

just called them. They did confirm the outage and said that their IT people treat this problem with priority (what a relief). However - they couldn't give me an idea how long the outage will take.

Probably time to get this cup of tea ...

Up and running again

Curious - just executed a trade via DirectBroking, taking current market offer price (31c), and the trade went through at the bid/offer midpoint (30.75c) with an SP flag (off-market). This was during the regular market session, not an auction.

Not complaining as it saved me a few $$$, but puzzled as to what happened.

Maybe DirectBroking is trading in a dark pool, as well as on the public NZX?

Or maybe it went to the NZX at exactly the same time as a matching sell order, and the NZX split the difference and then misreported it as off-market.