sharetrader

Default What Business Software.

Does anyone here use this Kiwi Database to assist their investment decisions.?

http://www.whatbusiness.co.nz/index.asp

At $30.00 pa it seams to be beaut.

Interested to hear how others use and find it.

All the best for 2008 t all on this ripper site.

Regards Rod

I do my analysis through Excel ending up with a similar result so I wouldn't use it. I guess that it would save time by not having to input manually from the Annual Reports etc, but I find that this gives me a better feel for the numbers.

However, this will be changing in the near future...

New computer language for Wall Street

I have been following this development for years. Can't wait to be able to use the data imported direct from the announcements!

Of concern is the lack of anything material from the NZX regarding the adoption of XBRL, unless I have missed it.
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Yes, I build my own spreadsheets and write little programs for myself in Python.

I obtain my data from various online providers. There is a lot of free financial data out there - the only missing piece of the puzzle is writing scripts to download and aggregate it.

$30 is a cheap price compared to the offerings of other providers (eg IRG or Aspect Huntley). However their range seems quite limited. My whole approach is based on finding overlooked stocks - an offering that only covers a small selection to begin with simply won't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

However, this will be changing in the near future...

New computer language for Wall Street

I have been following this development for years. Can't wait to be able to use the data imported direct from the announcements!

Of concern is the lack of anything material from the NZX regarding the adoption of XBRL, unless I have missed it.
    I recall reading that SEC (US) were going to start requesting filings in XBRL, so it should spread to other parts of the world in due course.

I retired from accountancy some 20 years ago (went farming) and they were just starting to talk about XBRL back then, so it's been an awful long time coming.