sharetrader
Page 89 of 138 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast

Thread: SKC - Sky City

Any idea of buy-in price for SPP? ... haven't seen anything, and the offer website doesn't have any details yet (scheduled for release on Monday).

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by theace View Post
    Any idea of buy-in price for SPP? ... haven't seen anything, and the offer website doesn't have any details yet (scheduled for release on Monday).

SkyCity intends to offer the SPP to eligible existing shareholders with a registered address in New Zealand and Australia, enabling them to subscribe for up to $50,000/A$47,000 of new SkyCity shares. The SPP offer size is $50 million (with no oversubscriptions) and theoffer price of these shares will be the lower of the Placement offer price of $2.50 and a 2.5% discount to the five-day VWAP of SkyCity shares traded on the NZX during the last five days of the SPP offer period. If scaling of the SPP is required, it will be done with reference to the shareholders' existing shareholdings at the record date of 16 June 2020 and otherwise at SkyCity’s discretion.

Going by current price trend and huge demand, its probably safe to assume that SPP price will be same as instos at $2.50 a piece.
    Last edited by sb9; 19-06-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post

Going by current price trend and huge demand, its probably safe to assume that SPP price will be same as instos at $2.50 a piece.
    ...there's a curious recurring theme with these capital raisings (IFT is latest) where the share price dips to a cent or three below the placement price before scurrying up again just in time to ensure the final retail price isnt discounted... almost by design...

Guru

yes we under estimated the KMD demand and only took our allotment.. made profit but really should have bought the farm... the market is loving it. Probably because the amount raised wasnt as bad as expected? really there is appear to be some very very popular stocks and the market including all new investors have decided these business are a once in a life time price... but after many many years of transactions passing under the bridge there appears to always be another once in a life time event to effect prices as some outline on another thread back to 1987... and before 1933...

big day 15 million ... market loves it !!!!
    Last edited by Waltzing; 19-06-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Offer is now live and I've bought in. In 2025 this will look very cheap, this is a great buy and hold at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwest View Post
    Offer is now live and I've bought in. In 2025 this will look very cheap, this is a great buy and hold at this price.
    When you are cheap, what will the share price be approximately in January 2025....
    Bye Bye BUy

Guru

possible somewhere over 4. It depends on china's relationship to australia but 4 would be if all is not well.

Very nice 4 in front is better than 2 or 1 in front.
    Bye Bye BUy

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by dibble View Post
    ...there's a curious recurring theme with these capital raisings (IFT is latest) where the share price dips to a cent or three below the placement price before scurrying up again just in time to ensure the final retail price isnt discounted... almost by design...
    Confirmation of the first part of the dibble theory. SKC drops to $2.49 today, 1c below the share issue price. Still I have my request into the offer hoping to fill my boots. Looks like I might get my wish?

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    theoffer price of these shares will be the lower of the Placement offer price of $2.50 and a 2.5% discount to the five-day VWAP of SkyCity shares traded on the NZX during the last five days of the SPP offer period.
    Last five days of share price plan offer period are 29th June, 30th June, 1st July, 2nd July and 3rd July. Despite the close, the vwap for 29th June was 252.56. Yet a 2.5% discount off that brings it down to $2.46. Good for small shareholders who have applied through the share purchase plan if this price heads lower?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 29-06-2020 at 06:23 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Guru

well Snoopy any reason we wont see 2.40? or will the newbie share investors see out 5 years and push the price back to 3 dollars?