sharetrader
Page 104 of 138 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1378

Thread: SKC - Sky City

"SkyCity chair Rob Campbell blames lazy proxy advisers for vote backlash"
    - Campbell had 91.3 million shares or 16.76% of the vote directed against his re-election last week
    - Votes against were due to proxy adviser recommendations
    - Campbell states these proxy advisers don't speak to management and it's just formulaic "box-ticking"
    - Proxy advisers claimed he is potentially too stretched across multiple directorships to be effective
    - Campbell claims he doesn't play golf or sail boats or do anything else to chew up his time like a lot of other directors
    - NZSA voted in favour of his re-appointment despite policy that directors shouldn't have more than 5 directorship

Gist of the comments section (around 15 of them)
    - Rob spends too much time on LinkedIn and other social media pontificating
    - He is hypocritical taking the wage subsidy given his broader virtue signaling social media posts
    - One comment suggesting a blanket rule on number of directorships are rubbish
    - Comment that proxy voters are actually quite well informed and Rob just doesn't like the advice

...and it appears Rob himself has replied in the comments:
    - If you don't like my posts block them
    - I have 29,000 connections
    - Comments on the underlying business performance across his directorships are not well informed - albeit THL is suffering due to Covid (i.e. out of his control)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ten View Post
    "SkyCity chair Rob Campbell blames lazy proxy advisers for vote backlash"
    - Campbell had 91.3 million shares or 16.76% of the vote directed against his re-election last week
    - Votes against were due to proxy adviser recommendations
    - Campbell states these proxy advisers don't speak to management and it's just formulaic "box-ticking"
    - Proxy advisers claimed he is potentially too stretched across multiple directorships to be effective
    - Campbell claims he doesn't play golf or sail boats or do anything else to chew up his time like a lot of other directors
    - NZSA voted in favour of his re-appointment despite policy that directors shouldn't have more than 5 directorship

Gist of the comments section (around 15 of them)
    - Rob spends too much time on LinkedIn and other social media pontificating
    - He is hypocritical taking the wage subsidy given his broader virtue signaling social media posts
    - One comment suggesting a blanket rule on number of directorships are rubbish
    - Comment that proxy voters are actually quite well informed and Rob just doesn't like the advice

...and it appears Rob himself has replied in the comments:
    - If you don't like my posts block them
    - I have 29,000 connections
    - Comments on the underlying business performance across his directorships are not well informed - albeit THL is suffering due to Covid (i.e. out of his control)
    ... and my own editorial addition, while Mr Campbell doesn't play golf or sail boats to chew up his time - I do agree that he seems to spend an inordinate amount of time on LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ten View Post
    ... and my own editorial addition, while Mr Campbell doesn't play golf or sail boats to chew up his time - I do agree that he seems to spend an inordinate amount of time on LinkedIn
    The dangers of putting yourself out there on social media

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/363264

Plenty of exec changes and a trading update coming.

Not much time between announcement and the CEO leaving....

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post

No change to positive trading outlook.

All good.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post

Looks like bit of nice house clean up for sure....

It sounds like Rob Hamilton is leaving because he was in contention for the CEO role (and wanted it), thus has decided to leave.

Though Graeme is retiring from this role, he will "stay active in the NZ Market" (read: he'll be looking for another job, however he does not have another role to go to).
    Graeme had 6 months requirement to leave in his contract, thus with only 2 weeks notice it was a "mutual parting"... he will be paid out all his entitlements under his contractual agreement, no extra inducements paid out.

Michael's priorities (other than to get new exec structure in place)... focus on core business, navigating through Covid, focus on execution in Adelaide as part of the opening and completing NZICC.

Also it sounds like the Michael is going to be getting remunerated less than Graeme was.

Banned

That was yesterday news...

I think Skc... retailers..will be okay as people are not spending thier overseas holidays money.

People will spend on hobbies... restaurants....movie... entertainment coming this Christmas
    Last edited by King1212; 17-11-2020 at 10:56 AM.

SKC has to be one of the best potential recovery stocks once everyone gets vaccinated and borders open. I'm sure there will be a lot of pent up demand with IB. I'm thinking one from now we should be aroung $4-$4.50.