sharetrader
Page 40 of 139 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: SKC - Sky City

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/4...estors-sayhtml

SKC taking the biggest punt of all with shareholders $800m ?

Snoopy, you done heaps of work n Sky City over he years

Been stuff all / no earnings growth for some time now.

Do you ever think they will make more than $130m / $140m again. This year looks like $125m. In other words is current level of profitability, where it has been for a few years now, there lot in life.

All normalised earnings of course
    Last edited by winner69; 15-02-2015 at 09:26 AM.

The differences between normalised and reported NPAT since 2009 have been $4m / $8m / $2m / $9m / $4m and the latest half year close to $10m

All adverse of course

Begs the question what really is abnormal?

Management says normalised best reflects the underlying performance of he business ...looking forward of course. But if there are always abnormals why bother **** your self wih his 'normalised' stuff.

Perhaps indicative of the sin business they are in.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/skyc...h-plea-6235224

SIN City have been forced to back down. I for one am very pleased that the ratepayers and public revolted against SKC's arrogant demands.
    By my reckoning this is a public relations disaster for SKC..and this coming from a company that's trying its best to fool us that it's a good corporate citizen and something completely different from its root business that is nothing more than owning multiple den's of iniquity that's a blight on society. Pure SIN stock in every sense of the word aptly illustrated by the way they grossly mismanaged this fiasco.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-02-2015 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Add emphasis regarding the moral bankruptcy of this company

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

SIN City have been forced to back down. I for one am very pleased that the ratepayers and public revolted against SKC's arrogant demands.
    By my reckoning this is a public relations disaster for SKC..and this coming from a company that's trying its best to fool us that it's a good corporate citizen and something completely different from its root business that is nothing more than owning multiple den's of iniquity that's a blight on society. Pure SIN stock in every sense of the word aptly illustrated by the way they grossly mismanaged this fiasco.
    Were SKC being arrogant or just trying to interpret the contract or agreement they had entered with the Crown?

sin=religious (or moral) transgression

SKC = gambling = possible addiction
    AIR=Pollution possible disease and injury and oil demand which often leads to wars (ie killings)
    HNZ= usury, depending on your interpretation & religion

etc.

Disc:Holdings in HNZ, AIR, SKC

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

Well said Roger, I wonder how many people have taken their own lives through their involvement with this place and how many families have been ruined? One of the only stocks I will never touch, a place that's made out as fun when in reality as you say is just a den of iniquity.

Advanced Member

Why not a rights issue for expansion plans like any other company? Nigel Morrison or oliver twist?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well said Roger, I wonder how many people have taken their own lives through their involvement with this place and how many families have been ruined? One of the only stocks I will never touch, a place that's made out as fun when in reality as you say is just a den of iniquity.
    Emotive vilification of NZ listed companies is nothing new of course. Den of iniquity. Emotive stuff. The TAB and Lotto encourage iniquity in NZ? Are all the other companies legally operating in NZ without "sin" with their product (mis-used or not) causing no-one harm or suffering? Or is it a arbitrary decision according to whatever "scale" is currently being used? If you are looking at the operations and product which can cause problems whether used to excess or mis-used then the sin-bin will be pretty full. However I do applaud you if you do have a strict moral/religious code and apply it consistently and without exception when making your decisions. That you have only been involved with or funded companies that have never caused heart-ache, suffering and family discord. Then you can cast as many stones as you wish with clear conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Isn't this exactly why SKC has a so called "moat" because it's the only type of sin being on "gambling"? And that moat which will be expanded up to almost infinity because of the deal on building an eyesore has made me got into it in the first place. Am I wrong? Don't think so. But on PR matter, yes, this was a bomb that came back to SKC to further expose how much of the lousy sin it got.

Banned

"All modern commerce is a swindle" - George Orwell
    Most I reckon. Wouldn't be many stocks left to pick if you left out the ones that lie for money.
    Accept it and deal with it.