Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
Aaron ..you might enjoy this

America’s drift towards feudalism

https://americanaffairsjournal.org/2...ard-feudalism/
Cheers Winner, peoples prognostications are interesting. Not that I care that much about America it is just that with the internet we are pretty much swamped by American writings. My concern is NZ is heading down a similar path. With death and estate taxes gone, no capital gains tax and a reserve bank joining the international bunch of retards pushing up asset prices exacerbating wealth inequality and shutting out the next generations from home ownership.
It used to be NZers had an equality of opportunity but that is slowly being eroded as it must if fewer and fewer people have a larger and larger share of assets and income. Obviously we are a long way off a feudal society but policy seems to be taking us towards it rather than away to where every kid born in NZ has an equal chance to make a life for themselves through work and or ingenuity.

Central bank policy basically is a downward spiral, I can't see how they can reverse course, with debt increasing it is hard to see this changing or what an alternative might be.

Mostly I am gloomy because I am on the wrong side of the trade. Don't fight the central banks is good advice.

I am voting for whatever party promises to get rid of inflation targeting or setting the target at 0%.

I need to stop reading this gloomy stuff as I have a lot to be thankful for.