sharetrader
Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Ah I suspected as much small rural town, hopefully the business is essential and not likely to move. Good luck with the tender. Would doomdots be something like boondocks.
    Yes ...found out today I was outbid(sounds like the buyer was happy with 9% net) ...was another property I had agreement from agent I would get at 10% net ....
    .. then the funding I was confident through my broker last minute has changed and the bank now doesn't what to give me decent leading rates the bastards ....zero net debt position and good income and my bank aren't willing to lead at good rates for 10% net 10yr fixed term lease ....I just don't get it
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes ...found out today I was outbid(sounds like the buyer was happy with 9% net) ...was another property I had agreement from agent I would get at 10% net ....
    .. then the funding I was confident through my broker last minute has changed and the bank now doesn't what to give me decent leading rates the bastards ....zero net debt position and good income and my bank aren't willing to lead at good rates for 10% net 10yr fixed term lease ....I just don't get it
    Bummer. even 9% sounds pretty good with a 10 year lease in the current environment. What is the interest rate for a commercial loan? I guess the bank is concerned about the risk and needs a higher rate as well.

Permanent Newbie

Martin Hawes says inflation is alive but very sick for the foreseeable future. With interest rates not rising this might justify asset prices dammit.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opi...interest-rates

Bummer. even 9% sounds pretty good with a 10 year lease in the current environment. What is the interest rate for a commercial loan? I guess the bank is concerned about the risk and needs a higher rate as well.
    Yeah they just see it as higher risk profile .....commercial rates 8-9% which is utter BS ...my Morg Broker was confident too get res-rates and thinks ANZ would be much easier to deal with .... but then there's break fees(from my 10 month to run Sharemarket loan)
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Permanent Newbie

Here is Liam Danns take on it
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11841992
    Good news growth growth growth. Higher prices making life harder for the average person, got to be good.
    We are returning to a more normal inflation rate according to Liam. What a cheerleader for current economic thinking.
    From what I gather Liam Dann thinks inflation in asset prices and getting rid of mortgages is good inflation but inflation in the cost of food and basic necessities is bad.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11937025
    Wage inflation drives price inflation as businesses pass costs on.
    to Quote "And because workers earning the least tend to spend a higher proportion of their wage on fixed costs like food they are disproportionately disadvantaged by inflation." So what I gather from reading Liam's articles over time is that inflation from low interest rates and easy money is good for the economy but inflation brought on by raising the minimum wage is bad. Shouldn't he be concerned that low interest rates and easy money are pushing house prices and rents up as landlords try to justify their purchase prices. This also disproportionately disadvantages low income workers but I guess it is an inflation that Liam can live with. I assume he owns at least one house. What a self-centred selfish t**d.
    Last edited by Aaron; 29-10-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: left politics out of it

Permanent Newbie

Federal Reserve keeping interest rates on hold will talking up the economy. Actions speak louder than words in this case(interest rates would be going up if the economy was doing well). In fact if this attached article is true it would appear the Federal Reserve is actually lying about reducing its balance sheet. Although I also read the US govt deficit has shot up recently so maybe this was the purchase of treasuries to cover it.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...-normalization
    It is a bull**** bogus financial/monetary system.
    I am looking at real estate and debt this weekend I need to get rid of my savings. I can't fight world central banks even if what they are doing seems wrong to me.
    I appreciate my timing sucks and I guess it all turns after the last sucker capitulates but I am sick of waiting.
    Last edited by Aaron; 02-11-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Federal Reserve keeping interest rates on hold will talking up the economy. Actions speak louder than words in this case(interest rates would be going up if the economy was doing well). In fact if this attached article is true it would appear the Federal Reserve is actually lying about reducing its balance sheet. Although I also read the US govt deficit has shot up recently so maybe this was the purchase of treasuries to cover it.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...-normalization
    It is a bull**** bogus financial/monetary system.
    I am looking at real estate and debt this weekend I need to get rid of my savings. I can't fight world central banks even if what they are doing seems wrong to me.
    I appreciate my timing sucks and I guess it all turns after the last sucker capitulates but I am sick of waiting.
    join the masses mate debt to the eyeballs

Permanent Newbie

Too chicken to invest in water damaged apartments. The only thing that might provide any yield that I can see. I need to compare with Property company/trust yields on the NZX. They are pretty close I think. My price expectations would appear to be well below that of other investors as well.
    Not as bad as Sweden though
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...-bubble-cracks

I like where they point out the current monetary policy started in 1995 aims for price stability next to the graph showing exactly the opposite. A few central bankers/economists should get strung up when everyone finally wakes up.

Like the women in the herald this morning pointing out that even on $800 odd a week after the $530 goes out in rent it isn't that easy.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11944373

This is what central bank price stability looks like in Auckland.
    https://www.barfoot.co.nz/market-rep...rices-analysis

I wonder what weighting rent has in the CPI figures.

I wonder what weighting rent has in the CPI figures.... I'd say about the same as the weighting they give for bananas ...etc

Overall locally I see huge inflation in just last 1-12 months land values have increased 50%+ rent 20%+ fuel 10% food bill 10%+ complete con we have low inflation

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I wonder what weighting rent has in the CPI figures.... I'd say about the same as the weighting they give for bananas ...etc

Overall locally I see huge inflation in just last 1-12 months land values have increased 50%+ rent 20%+ fuel 10% food bill 10%+ complete con we have low inflation
    You should be happy though. If you have debt up to the eyeballs then central bank policy is working a treat for you, as long as they keep supressing interest rates. Idiot savers like myself are getting hammered big time, losing purchasing power and missing the big gains in asset prices all while the mortgage gets easier and easier to pay off.