sharetrader
Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Guru

Default Soros on global economy woes

Very interesting times ahead.

After a great weekend at the Southern Convention and a relaxing spa at the Marua springs on the trip home.
    I restructured my shares.
    Actually I think it started in the brain last week, when I dumped the last of my NWE shares, at a loss I might add. Down to 4.5 different shares. The .5 in transition of being sold.

Back to 30% cash.

Then I listened to the Guru last night

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7409517.stm

P.S Absolutely correct to a tee Strat, but what came out of Home Depot is for real and Fletcher's latest report mirrors it.
    Last edited by tricha; 21-05-2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Strat response

The so called expert analyst/economist do get it wrong and often. I like reading their analysis, but at the end I make my decisions based on my own analysis. If the experts get it right all the time, then we would have fund managers making super returns in a downturn economy... LOL.. yeah right, pigs do fly.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by tricha View Post
    Very interesting times ahead.

After a great weekend at the Southern Convention and a relaxing spa at the Marua springs on the trip home.
    I restructured my shares.
    Actually I think it started in the brain last week, when I dumped the last of my NWE shares, at a loss I might add. Down to 4.5 different shares. The .5 in transition of being sold.

Back to 30% cash.

Then I listened to the Guru last night

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7409517.stm

P.S Absolutely correct to a tee Strat, but what came out of Home Depot is for real and Fletcher's latest report mirrors it.
    Tricha.... Fletchers do to a degree mirror Home Depot to a degree

Home Depot are retailers to the DIY market in the US and yes a BIG market.

Fletcher... are a diversified "building"company with a manufacturing presence worldwide...from Eastern Europe to Asia to North/Central/South America and of course OZ and NZ.
    The unfortunate part now is that may become a takeover target. With big cash reserves and good cashflow they could be self funding.

I am a holder and will continue buying into FBU during these "low times"

I know..its not an oil company

Oiler

High oil prices & Commodities + negative growth + High Debt = US RECESSION !
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    High oil prices & Commodities + negative growth + High Debt = US RECESSION !
    $3/gallon was last weeks price it's now $4/gallon.....$5/gallon by June.

I have spent last weeks $1500 stimulus check on gasoline YTD already.
    The trend is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by trendy View Post
    $3/gallon was last weeks price it's now $4/gallon.....$5/gallon by June.

I have spent last weeks $1500 stimulus check on gasoline YTD already.
    Gosh Trendy,
    at that rate Americans will be paying as much to fill their car as the rest of the world soon They aint gonna like that

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Tricha.... Fletchers do to a degree mirror Home Depot to a degree

Home Depot are retailers to the DIY market in the US and yes a BIG market.

Fletcher... are a diversified "building"company with a manufacturing presence worldwide...from Eastern Europe to Asia to North/Central/South America and of course OZ and NZ.
    The unfortunate part now is that may become a takeover target. With big cash reserves and good cashflow they could be self funding.

I am a holder and will continue buying into FBU during these "low times"

I know..its not an oil company

Oiler
    Hi Oiler, U R right Oiler, it is oil or nothing for me I'm afraid, I've got oil on the brain, hows this for crazy, filled the car up tonight, Paid my 1st $2.00 for a litre, yee ha.
    But hey u have heaps of oil yourself, so taking a minus in Fletcher for a while will probably be here nor there

Go NZO, cheap as chips still

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tricha View Post
    Hi Oiler, U R right Oiler, it is oil or nothing for me I'm afraid, I've got oil on the brain, hows this for crazy, filled the car up tonight, Paid my 1st $2.00 for a litre, yee ha.
    But hey u have heaps of oil yourself, so taking a minus in Fletcher for a while will probably be here nor there

Go NZO, cheap as chips still
    Oiler,
    Please, get out of FBU. You like LMP ( and it's CSG potential ).

Put it all on that.

There is a big recession coming and it aint funny.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    Oiler,
    Please, get out of FBU. You like LMP ( and it's CSG potential ).

Put it all on that.

There is a big recession coming and it aint funny.

Buffett sees U.S. in recession

Berkshire Hathaway CEO tells German magazine he believes country is now in recession.

BERLIN (AP) -- Warren Buffett, whose business and investment acumen has made him one of the world's wealthiest men, was quoted in an interview published Sunday as saying the U.S. economy is already in a recession.
    Asked by Germany's Der Spiegel weekly whether he thinks the U.S. could still avoid a recession, he said that as far as the average person is concerned, it is already here.
    "I believe that we are already in a recession," Buffet was quoted as saying. "Perhaps not in the sense as defined by economists. ... But people are already feeling the effects of a recession."
    "It will be deeper and longer than what many think," he added.
    The 77-year-old chairman and chief executive of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRKB) gave the interview while he was in Europe for what he called a "deferred shopping tour," looking for possible acquisitions.
    Omaha-based Berkshire has about $35 billion in cash and is looking to invest. Berkshire's subsidiaries include insurance, clothing, furniture, natural gas, corporate jet and candy companies. Berkshire also has major investments in such companies as Coca-Cola Co. and Anheuser-Busch Cos.

Greenspan is also saying something very similar...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.