Default The Shareholders of the FED ?

Rothschild Banks of London and Berlin

Lazares Brothers Banks of Paris

Israel Moses Seif Bank of Italy

Warburg Bank of Hamburg and Amsterdam

Chase Manhattan Bank of New York

Kuhn, Loeb Bank of New York

Goldman, Sachs Bank of New York.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Hi Tricha.
    Im not denying the situation or the potential and possible turn of events in the future.

Just having a grizzle about the Bull**** we are fed on a daily basis by the talking heads.
    Hmm Strat, grizzle about the bull coming out. No point there ? is there. The point is protecting ones assets amongst
    all what is happening.
    Looking at history, we will all make different assumptions, some heavy Sunday reading folks. The only answer I can see is, get rid of debt, get energy efficient, buy a push bike and enjoy the ride and maybe buy a little gold for a rainy day. All this is going to be compounded by the end of cheap oil.

http://www.financialsense.com/contri...a-false-choice
    Inflaton/Deflation Debate Redux: A False Choice?

Submitted by Ryan Jordan on Fri, 15 Oct 2010
    As a survivor of graduate school, I have to say I have seen the whole “debate one issue into the ground” thing before, and this saying likely applies to the debate between so-called “deflationists” and “inflationists.” So I hate to beat a dead horse, but I would like to point out the problematic nature of the dichotomy between inflation and deflation as often advanced in numerous forums. I would go so far as to say that it is a false choice. This is especially true when viewed through the prism of past economic depressions, where deflations and inflations happened simultaneously.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post

JB: I don't like saying this, or indeed how to express it delicately, but just why did you have to select virtually wholly banks with names indicating obviously Jewish founders? I do not belong to that race (in case anyone might be wondering) but I detest anything that might be seen as smacking of anti-Semitism.

I am sure you are capable of better than that. Maybe that selection was not meant to imply what I fear, and I am trying hard to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Can you show the dividends from the FED to these companies, please?

Quote Originally Posted by tricha View Post
    Hmm Strat, grizzle about the bull coming out. No point there ? is there. The point is protecting ones assets amongst
    all what is happening.
    Looking at history, we will all make different assumptions, some heavy Sunday reading folks. The only answer I can see is, get rid of debt, get energy efficient, buy a push bike and enjoy the ride and maybe buy a little gold for a rainy day. All this is going to be compounded by the end of cheap oil.
    Hi Tricha.
    There is no point other than I enjoy calling a spade a spade as I see it. As to protecting oneself we operate quite differently. Predicting the future ( the real cloud gazing ) is something I will leave to others. If anything, the last few years has taught me its really not possible and most certainly not possible using Internet publications as basis for any assumptions. I prefer to react to events rather than attempting to predict them. Predictions on this site are sometimes rather good showing true insight by a few members but timing these predictions has a much lower rate of success.
    Last edited by STRAT; 17-10-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Guru

A good Sunday read here http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article23427.html a quality post spoiled unfortunately by a big headlined advert by Robert Prechter ...ironically further down this post when the DOW gets mentioned Nadeem Walayat has a crack at the permabears ..The whole summer has seen the perma-bears and the BlogosFear busy confusing what amounts to propaganda with analysis as they took a pre-existing WRONG conclusion and then search for data that supports it... .

One of the more balanced posts probably because its not from the USA. Not surprising as Nadeem Walayat wrote this post (he is the Editor of The Market Oracle)
    Its rather technical but has a lot of his views

Quote:.....All of the above mentioned countries consistently run huge trade surpluses against the US Dollar, which should in a free floating (falling) currency market result in a greater rate of descent for the US Dollar as a consequence of the trade imbalances, but especially China is refusing to allow these imbalances to correct themselves, instead China sees primarily the US Consumers (Mall Zombies) as a prime driver for China's economic growth even if it means they ultimately suffer huge losses on their $2.5 trillion of reserves, which given the big picture is a small price to pay for Chinese GDP doubling approximately every 8 years to now stand at $5 trillion annually.....

....The manifestation for this lack of competitiveness is the trade deficit. It is NOT the fault of the Chinese that the trade deficit exists, it is the fault of the US consumers who BUY CHINESE and JAPANESE JUNK!.....
    Last edited by Hoop; 17-10-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    Can you show the dividends from the FED to these companies, please?
    Yeah I'll just send the FED an e-mail I'm sure they'll tell me who the private interest shareholders of the FED are an what percent their shareholdings are.

JB: I don't like saying this, or indeed how to express it delicately, but just why did you have to select virtually wholly banks with names indicating obviously Jewish founders? I do not belong to that race (in case anyone might be wondering) but I detest anything that might be seen as smacking of anti-Semitism.

-I only placed the names from another internet posters belief on who the owners of the FED were , thought I'd post it get some feedback as someone else may have a better Idea who owns the FED #1 we know the US government doesn't #2 Alan Greenspan stated in an interview the FED is above the Law 3#It's well known to be owned by private intertest (major banking interests) but who??? sorry to distest you on a open forum didn't even know all were jewish founders

like my sig below---------------who controls the world reserve the FED who owns the FED ???
    Last edited by JBmurc; 17-10-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Yeah I'll just send the FED an e-mail I'm sure they'll tell me who the private interest shareholders of the FED are an what percent their shareholdings are.
    I think you answered your own question!

If anyone knows who owns come forward
    Are you actually serious? LOL...

If you're taking this literally, you should trawl through the financial statements of the so called 'owners' and be able to view dividends etc.

I think there is the opinion that having an inflationary environment works for banks. Of course this is true, as if we were in a deflationary environment, more people would default on their loans (they get relatively more expensive as time goes on) and banks would lose. Given loans get relatively less as time goes on (inflation), it is less risk to banks. This is not a new concept...we were even taught this in economics 101 LOL

What would you rather see? An inflationary (inflation targeting as per central banks - 1%-3% per annum), or deflationary environment?

Default some imfo found

=== Who are the ten major shareholders of the Federal Reserve Bank System?

One only has to read the law to come up with the answer.

The Federal Reserve System is run by the Board of Governors. --> There are no shares and absolutely no mechanism for private ownership at this level. <-- Board members are appointed by the prez and confirmed by congress. Board members are also forbiddent to have a financial stake in any bank or other financial institution. Congress is charged with oversight of the system (though at a high level).

The law is set up where shares can only be owned by member banks within the Federal Reserve branches. But these are not your typical corporate shares that entitle legal ownership. Rather, they bestow participation rights within the branch. Regardless the number of shares they own, each bank gets only one vote toward the branch Board of Directors who actually run the place. Only member domestic banks can own shares. No individuals or foreign entities.

The shares also do not entitle the bank to any profits of the branch bank. The shares do receive a standard 6% dividend. Otherwise, all Fed profit is turned over to the U.S. Treasury at the end of the year.

So who are the top shareholders. Since the law stipulates that the number of shares must be in proportion to the bank size, just look at the 10 biggest banks for the answer.

The top 3 shareholders ar:

1. Bank of America
    2. Morgan Chase
    3. Citibank

You can find the rest of the list at http://www.usabanks.org/card.htm?gclid=C…

=== why are they important?

Well, obviously the 10 biggest banks play an important role in the economy.

This involvement of private banks in the day to day running of the branches was an important compromise in 1913 between those that wanted 100% private central bank (the republicans) and those that wanted 100% public (the democrats).

Today we have a 100% public government agency at the top (The Board of Governments) being responsible for monetary policy and running of the system. And branches that are run like private corporations carrying out day-to-day functions
    Last edited by JBmurc; 17-10-2010 at 03:17 PM.