sharetrader
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
    I am going to post my results on a trial trading sysytem for the dow. The sysytem will generate buy and sell signals that will be placed very near the end of day close

on the dow ( 10 am nzt ). This is the most manageable way to trade the dow without having to stay up late to place trades. i will not play the futures market but the cash market

i anticipate a stop loss of about 100 dow points.

To add a bit of spice to leverage profit and loss, i will trade puts and calls or UDOW pro shares.

UDOW are index tracking shares with a 300 % gearing, therefore dow goes up 4 % udow up 12 %

im expecting trades to run from a day to a few days . i will post all trades in real time before the event to make sure there is no funny business.

i will trade it rather than demo it as i always need a bit of skin in the game to keep it real.

i would not recommend anyone following it in any way shape or form but look on it as pure entertainment value and you may subjct me to public riducule if it tanks.
    hi drilly ,the above post may help, its a geared CFD. i normal trade sp 500 cfd but i wanted to bring some big leverage into this black box system , really should be playing options.

im not sure how its going as its my first trade,i have been following it for a while and results have been good but now i have some money riding on it,things changefrom demo trading.
    Last edited by dumbass; 18-11-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Ahh forgot about CFD's.

I look forward to seeing what the results are as I used to read many trader diaries over on another forum called Big Mikes Traders forum. Joined that site a while back and there are huge resources and a good introduction for those for Futures, Commondities etc etc for both Automated and Discretionary trading.

A few other programs I would recommend for that sort of environment would be Ninja Trader, MultiCharts and X Trader by TT.

There is also great support for automated trading in both NT and MC which if you use custom made (or paid) scripts, then y9u may want to view those platforms also.

Sorry for going off track but always interested in seeing others do different things.

Again, I look forward to the results of your efforts and wish to say thanks for sharing
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

no new signal generated therefore i will stay long.

trade 1 : entry 1.1671 open status long + 1.8 %
    Last edited by dumbass; 19-11-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Hi DA, Well done on your first trade being profitable so far ! Also like to say
    that your trading as a whole is very transparent by that i mean you post beforehand or as you are trading which takes a lot of courage being open to public scrutiny and putting it out there
    cheers
    roddy

thanks rod , very generous of you to say that.

i rather selfishly use the forum as a trading journal and it allows me to have a quick peep at my charts if im following on iphone / ipad.

thanks

Guru

Dumbass ????
    Did that system throw you out of the DOW in time??

new signal generated
    trade 1 : entry 1.1671 closed stop out 1.1680 breakeven 0 %

TRADE 2 : ENTRY TODAY 1.0970 OPEN STATUS LONG

trade 1 : entry 1.1671 closed stop out 1.1680 breakeven 0 %
    trade 2 : entry 1.0960 closed stop out 1.0670 loss -2.64 %