sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I'll look to buy more when the RB drops rates at least 100 points. At that stage rents will also have increased. My guess is this is about 12-18 months away... my fav speccie should have multi-bagged into a great big deposit by then also
    Last edited by Jess9; 29-03-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: sp

Advanced Member

Good luck! don't share your optimism

The ex-pats are currently not getting in...

Returning Kiwis avoid property
    Kiwis coming home are refusing to put their hard-earned British pounds into the local housing market, says a leading international recruitment agency working with top executives coming back from the UK.

"Returnees are no longer rushing into a house purchase, and are happy to wait for the market to find a new level and the kiwi to weaken," says Richard Manthel, local managing director of finance and management recruitment firm Robert Walters.
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Yes by not getting into the property market the ex pats are pushing up rents. A mate rented his one bedroom partment in mt eden a few weeks ago to some incoming from the UK. Didn't even blink at the rent even though it had gone through the roof.

So hope they all come home and help bring those rental yields up to where they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    hey what beach suberb are your commercial property in or beach house ive just been advised northland and corromandle ,whangamata etc is in deep sh--ps if smoke going straight through you are being sucked
    Southshore, Christchurch...residential...if I sold it would only be to move into a bigger house same suburb, but still waiting for better bargains down the road.....I'm not smelling enough fear or seeing enough pain in the long listed properties yet...but the market has slowed considerably

Central City Christchurch...commercial.....in the process of listing...already quite good interest...wind to my back at the moment.....but concerned it may not last....hoping to have things wrapped up in 6 weeks....will see