sharetrader
Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Dow printing morning star pattern, a bullish candlestick pattern , if price holds in final hour.

more confirmation bottom in at 10,460 ?

NZ going into recession.

RB expected to cut rates by 50 points in Oct.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...HsE&refer=home
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Belge,
    In the end you were quite right about NZ interest rates and how soon they would start cutting... New Zealand interest rates started coming down much sooner than I had predicted... Ise about 6 months late on where I had it...
    Now they are cutting and they will continue to do so... we all know where they are headed from here......
    The writing was all on the wall with NZ's inverted Yield Curve for the last 4 years... (which is one very good indicator of a recession)...
    In the end I did not care, and I want to remain on the market in a recession...bring on anything apart from 1000 DOW point falls...
    Also interesting, Last night I saw the graph for the S and P 500 Financial's and it looked like a double bottom... I hope you are wrong about the bailout running into problems...
    cheer cheer...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Looks like Bollard wants to restart the NZ housing bubble. Its the only thing going for this country.

Advanced Member

It looks like the bail out has run into problems. Even some of Bushes own supporters know that its a stupid thing to do throwing good money after bad, to continue on as if nothing was wrong. The crash is almost upon us regardless of the bailout. The best that we can hope for is that our own banks are not to exposed to this mess. Some times its best to pay the piper and suffer the loss rather than turning it ito a catastrophe. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    It looks like the bail out has run into problems. Even some of Bushes own supporters know that its a stupid thing to do throwing good money after bad, to continue on as if nothing was wrong. The crash is almost upon us regardless of the bailout. The best that we can hope for is that our own banks are not to exposed to this mess. Some times its best to pay the piper and suffer the loss rather than turning it ito a catastrophe. Macdunk
    Some important differences between NZ and the USA MacDunk - read about some of them here:

http://crookedtimber.org/2008/01/30/...-foreclosures/

So now you know a little more about why NZ (Oz) banks are not as exposed to the property market as US banks are.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Advanced Member

WARTHOG, Dont be to sure about that. I know one bank running competitions for NZ REINZ sales people to book in the most Mortgage loans some of which are now priced well above market valuation. A brand new VW car was the prize. The bank lenders would lend to almost anyone on a 10% deposit. All sorts of tricks were pulled to make the deposit almost an non event. The fallout will hit NZ we are not immune. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    WARTHOG, Dont be to sure about that. I know one bank running competitions for NZ REINZ sales people to book in the most Mortgage loans some of which are now priced well above market valuation. A brand new VW car was the prize. The bank lenders would lend to almost anyone on a 10% deposit. All sorts of tricks were pulled to make the deposit almost an non event. The fallout will hit NZ we are not immune. Macdunk
    You didn't read carefully MacDunk. In many US states, as soon as negative equity territory is reached, people can choose to simply walk and then the negative equity is the bank's problem.

Héll, in the UK during this last property boom, it was possible to get 110% mortgages. Yes, that means if you buy a house for £1m, you receive £100k in cash and the keys to your new home. Also, the whole range of gimmicks was available, including "cashback" for choosing certain mortgages. As if the bank/building society suddenly got generous all of a sudden, and decided to give you a stack of their cash!
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Quote Originally Posted by MoSteph View Post
    Technically it's not a morning star formation because today didn't open above yesterday's high. But, yeh, it does look bullish.
    you have to be a little flexible with candlestick formations in the context of where they occur.

Steve Nison :
    "an ideal morning star would have a gap between the second and third real bodies. From my experince, the lack of a gap does not weaken the power of this formation.The decisive factor is the second candle should be a spinning top and the third candle pushes well into the black candle"

Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, simply the "bible"

So technically a shooting star given a little more weight as its right on the 61.8 retracement of the rally from the low

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    AIG up over 20% overnight.
    AIG down 45% since you posted that Wed - even ended down on Wed and Thurs was a bad day

At 315 you must be 25% down already ..... spose hanging in there ... couldn't work out what you meant by 'Pearls before swine and all that.' as you reason for buying AIG in the first place