sharetrader
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Advanced Member

That must mean you have a $450000 bill to pay the Falken for his latest swoop.

Time to sell some ATM? lol

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    We are there to keep him on a leash.

He will learn to work hard & diligently for the greater benefit of all shareholders, minority or not.
    Awesome comment Balance

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    That must mean you have a $450000 bill to pay the Falken for his latest swoop.

Time to sell some ATM? lol
    The capital raise had been signalled last year... so Balance is not pressured to offload ATM, he would have been raising cash through car boot sales and selling up the family silver at cash converters

Advanced Member

Balance will keep things on the level...

Falkenstein is so full of crap that he must wallow in the stuff whenever he opens his mouth :

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...122/344704.pdf

Page 7 of the acquisition and capital raise presentation :

“When I started this company over 30 years ago it was on a basis of trust and fair play to our investors, our staff and our customers.

I treat every shareholder as a partner in the business and a member of the Just Life family. I encourage them to give us input and welcome ideas that will assist in taking the company forward."

percy

vAcquisition of About Health business

Just Life Group (NZX: JLG) is pleased to announce that it has agreed to acquire the business of About Health, as part of its acquisition strategy in the ‘healthy living’ and ‘healthy homes’ sectors.

The purchase price of $17 million will be funded through a combination of new and existing debt facilities and an equity raising. The acquisition is unconditional and is expected to complete on the 30th of April 2021.

The About Health business is a leading provider of natural dietary supplements in New Zealand, including well-known brands Lester’s Oil and Res-V Ultimate.

The COVID-19 pandemic has placed an even larger focus
    on maintaining healthy diets, lifestyles and wellbeing, so
    worldwide demand for supplements continues to grow

Looks to me to be a timely acquisition into a sector enjoying rapid growth.
    Important dates:
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/371171
    Last edited by percy; 26-04-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Falkenstein is so full of crap that he must wallow in the stuff whenever he opens his mouth :

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...122/344704.pdf

Page 7 of the acquisition and capital raise presentation :

“When I started this company over 30 years ago it was on a basis of trust and fair play to our investors, our staff and our customers.

I treat every shareholder as a partner in the business and a member of the Just Life family. I encourage them to give us input and welcome ideas that will assist in taking the company forward."
    Balance

How would you feel if the board chair and the CEO bought all the assets for $1 while the company wiped any debts and furthermore advanced cash to finance working capital?... this is exactly what just happened to Bendon, a subsidiary of a nasdaq listed company. Wow how times have changed, I remember when bendon was one of the market darlings and why wouldn't it be, they had elle macpherson as their underwear model

Naked Brand shareholders approve Bendon sale to management
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12438510

Paywalled
    Last edited by Habits; 27-04-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Balance

How would you feel if the board chair and the CEO bought all the assets for $1 while the company wiped any debts and furthermore advanced cash to finance working capital?... this is exactly what just happened to Bendon, a subsidiary of a nasdaq listed company. Wow how times have changed, I remember when bendon was one of the market darlings and why wouldn't it be, they had elle macpherson as their underwear model

Naked Brand shareholders approve Bendon sale to management
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12438510

Paywalled
    I have not followed Bendon since that shyster Watson bought it - in fact, I have steered well clear of anything he was and has been involved in.

Watson is not someone who can be trusted to do the right thing by business partners (as Owen Glenn found out to his enormous cost), minority shareholders or supporters (Hanover Finance).

Have a read of this :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...DLMKO5NJ46CCE/

So serves anyone who is dumb enough to be involved with him bloody right to get played out - like in the case of Bendon yet again.

Coming back to Falkenstein, you can see that he is attempting to rewrite history - message to him is that he can correct his past wrongs by doing the right thing by minority shareholders and the people he interacts with.

Let's hope he does but if he doesn't, he won't get away because there are enough shareholders in the minority shareholding to hold him to account.

percy

Just taken up my entitlement online.Fast and simple.

Tony owns 80.8 percent and said he is taking up his entitlement. If some shd do not take their entitlements he could potentially increase his ownership ratio. Would not be hard to go to 90 percent compulsory acquisition if he really wanted, but I think he enjoys the profile he has through being public