sharetrader
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chaowee88 View Post
    I have nothing against your criticism of Tony's offer but calling him names is unnecessary and no I have no association with Falkenstein.
    I am calling him (and Paul Connell) for what his takeover offer and behavior represent - as disgusting and immoral as they come.

Reading the letter today makes my blood boil.

You seem new to the game so you should observe more and learn. Read the Comvita takeover situation. Likewise, Acruity. They get acrimonious but at least they play to reasonable rules.

Using the delaying tactics to deprive minorities of another opinion so they can get shares - behaviour of *rseholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    People are going to have an opinion and it'll often be very divergent to yours mate, no mileage taking umbrage.
    I said at the outset I thought a fair price was 20 cents and I'm sticking with that. The kindest way to describe this offer is opportunistic. If people want to use stronger words than that that's their choice and their prerogative. If you're happy with the offer, take it.
    I'm with Balance on this one.
    What has happened here is that Falkenstein has increased his stake by over 4m shares at 15 cents through his delaying tactics.

It is not often that we have a situation where someone as a private individual with mana stands up to a company, its majority shareholder (and complicit Chairman) with a properly researched rebuttal. This has obviously spooked Falkenstein and the so-called independent Chairman, Paul Connell.

Falkenstein offer has no conditions to it so anyone who accepted his offer or sold to him on market has no recourse if another bidder appears or he increases his bid.

Under normal circumstances, an offerer will not buy stock on the market like Falkenstein at 15c - it defeats the purpose of the mailed out offer. To me he is doing it as he knows it is an opportunistic offer and he might as well get as many shares as he can. That is fine if he plays fair but the behaviour to date is not that of a fair minded or ethical person.

Imagine a stunt like a hard copy shareholders' list at this day and age. If that is not underhanded, then Hitler is a saint to the Jews.
    Last edited by Balance; 27-11-2014 at 06:50 PM.

I must read this thread but how do they make money. Looking at a cooler today. $30 a month for the cooler. If I want it plumbed in, no problem, no charge.

Have the opportunity now to properly read letter from Colin Giffney and the other documents from JWI.

It is clear that KM has been very selective in the way they use comparative companies for acquisitions. Fair value for JWI based upon recent transactions/acquisitions should be between 23 cents to 32 cents.

Toilet paper - that's what KM's independent valuation is worth.

As for Falkenstein and Paul Connell - what's inside the toilet bowl is a fair way to describe their behavior. They have obstructed and delayed the release of another opinion to minority shareholders, some 4m shares of which have accepted the 15c offer in the meantime. They could have sold on market at 16c or above.

His offer is unconditional (highly unusual) which means those who sold to him or accepted his offer at 15c cannot receive the benefit of any higher offer.
    Last edited by Balance; 01-12-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Is it likely this guy is going to get to 90% and achieve his goal?

I have just read the JWI H1 result commentary. If ever you thought a CEO could get more up himself, read the just released diatribe. I for one will be at the next AGM to ask some questions. To suggest to those who have owned the shares for more than 4 years and for the poor suckers who bght shares in the original float (When the CEO sold the company to the market) were given the 'opportunity' to reduce losses is just objectionable in its hypocrisy.

Falkenstein you need to get off the cool aid, and start drinking water until you sober up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    I have just read the JWI H1 result commentary. If ever you thought a CEO could get more up himself, read the just released diatribe. I for one will be at the next AGM to ask some questions. To suggest to those who have owned the shares for more than 4 years and for the poor suckers who bght shares in the original float (When the CEO sold the company to the market) were given the 'opportunity' to reduce losses is just objectionable in its hypocrisy.

Falkenstein you need to get off the cool aid, and start drinking water until you sober up.
    Out of interest, how much shares you have in JWI?

Yea that half year result was a stinker NPAT sank like hell, good thing I sold during the takeover.

Out of interest, what diff does it matter how many shares I may own. My comment is about the pathetic excuse for a CEO statement in the result commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    Out of interest, what diff does it matter how many shares I may own. My comment is about the pathetic excuse for a CEO statement in the result commentary.
    You seem angry. Shouldn't let this stuff get to you.