sharetrader
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by brend View Post
    my understanding is that water rates are to cover infrastructure costs. You dont pay for the water itself.
    Why do they charge by volume of water then ? If it was just the infrastructure it would surely be a set fee to each user.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Why do they charge by volume of water then ? If it was just the infrastructure it would surely be a set fee to each user.
    Thats Auckland..most councils charge water rates with land rates. The only logically reason Auckland charges based on more volume is, more water used, more use on infrastructure.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by brend View Post
    Thats Auckland..most councils charge water rates with land rates. The only logically reason Auckland charges based on more volume is, more water used, more use on infrastructure.
    Plenty of councils have water meters , I have one on my property in Martinborough , you get 1000 hectolitres or something like that free anything over you start paying ... only got stung once when the irrigation system
    came loose and I was pumping water for a couple of days flat out , thankfully local farmer wondered what his sheep were doing in a pond
    We also have water meters in Wellington on commercial buildings ( our tenant pays) usually around 500 a quarter . Some of the new apartment blocks also have water meters here .

Veteran novice

We also have water meters in Wellington on commercial buildings ( our tenant pays) usually around 500 a quarter . Some of the new apartment blocks also have water meters here .
    Several years ago Wellington were offering the option of new meters to existing residential properties on a pay for volume basis in exchange for a lower fixed water rate. I declined the offer but my neighbour took up the new shiny blue-covered meter. I never asked him how it worked out - and he's since sold.

2c per share divy
    last traded 39c
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

41c and powering on - now 173% gain on the takeover price of 15c offered by that scumbag Falkenstein in 2014.

Very very satisfying to call this shyster out.

50c - 233% gain + 13.33% dividend paid so far on the takeover price of 15c offered by the scumbag Falkenstein in 2014.

There were actually some who believed the shyster's bull and accepted his low ball offer.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-12-2017 at 08:44 PM.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11952703

Heavens help anyone who works for this shyster.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11952703

Heavens help anyone who works for this shyster.
    Well it would seem they are reluctant to!

Congrats on your JWI hat trick Balance

Now that I am unencumbered I just want to say that my understanding is that JWI gets it water from the tap (effectively). Of course it is treated by special machinery before going into containers... but certainly not from any special bore or mountain spring.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Share price up 47% in a week. Could this be due to the Sharesies Effect or something else?