sharetrader
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

https://www.nzx.com/companies/JWI/announcements/296876

Profits continuing to grow and net debt almost down to zero.

Trading on a cashflow multiple of 5.

Share buyback to continue.

LOVE IT!

35c - so 133% up on takeover price of 2 years ago!

Very very satisfying.

Guru

Will the new water pricing that Labour is talking about hurt JWI if they are elected ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Will the new water pricing that Labour is talking about hurt JWI if they are elected ?
    if it agfects demand, then yes.

But dont worry - the idea will never fly. Its simply a weĺl timed announcement aimed at hoovering up a few disgruntled Green votes ( see Election threads). Get your head around the first hurdle - Maori. The moment you tax water you have a foreshore and seabed type sh1t fight on your hands. And Labour isnt going there.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

But dont worry - the idea will never fly. Its simply a weĺl timed announcement aimed at hoovering up a few disgruntled Green votes ( see Election threads). Get your head around the first hurdle - Maori. The moment you tax water you have a foreshore and seabed type sh1t fight on your hands. And Labour isnt going there.
    MM , never say never , remember Lab is the party of envy, the new leader has already announced 2 new taxes and they are not even in power, N Z used to be the land of the " long white cloud " , now its the "land of the tall poppy " !!

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

I would not count on that...

Veteran novice

If JWI "bottle" in metropolitan areas then I would expect that they already pay for their water, one way or another, to the local water authority/council. I may have misheard, but I thought the idea of a tax was to catch those users not already paying .

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    If JWI "bottle" in metropolitan areas then I would expect that they already pay for their water, one way or another, to the local water authority/council. I may have misheard, but I thought the idea of a tax was to catch those users not already paying .
    macd, most city/town water supplies are on a user basis whether through rates or water charges ( and discharges ) so isn't a new Lab charge charging twice?

Veteran novice

macd, most city/town water supplies are on a user basis whether through rates or water charges ( and discharges ) so isn't a new Lab charge charging twice?
    The point I was making was that because metro water is paid for, either through rates or water charges, JWI won't be affected if their plants are located in those areas. I understood that Labour weren't aiming to charge those but to "catch" users who aren't already paying. I stand ready to be corrected on that point if I've got that wrong.

my understanding is that water rates are to cover infrastructure costs. You dont pay for the water itself.