sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Default Whats with all the scary posts In big coloured letters?

Why are certain posters flooding the boards with negative posts regarding the bear market?

They find a negative article , highlight underline and put the scary bits in a different colour , enlarge the emotive words and generally try to make the article as worrying as possible.

What is the motivation for this?
    Last edited by ratkin; 07-04-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Why are certain posters flooding the boards with negative posts regarding the bear market?

They find a negative article , highlight underline and put the scary bits in a different colour , enlarge the emotive words and generally try to make the article as worrying as possible.

A 'Chicken Little' complex?!
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Guru

the risk is that these things can become self perpetuating.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post

Just to let readers skim over a long written articles and get the posted message across to readers quicker.

I am a person with little spare time and will not read long winded articles on sharetrader if it is all in monotone.

I enjoy reading colourful posts... thought I make life easier for readers so I started using a different colours to highlight the major points of my long written posts as well.

Obviously it seems some posters having differing degrees of paranoia and I was not aware we had sharetrader members which were members of the conspiracy theory club.
    It seems that from this thread that the posters have plenty of idle time so I will go back to my boring monotone and not use colour (apart from my traditional green quotes)....happy now?

ooops ..that was red...oh dear here comes more paranoia
    Last edited by Hoop; 08-04-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Oh by the way I've bought some more shares today...I shouldn't tell really as it may become self perpetuating

Guru

What's this Ratkin????
    You should be so ashamed

PS I like your post.. hmmmmmm..a little scary... but love your fonts, and it's nice and colourful
    Last edited by Hoop; 08-04-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Im with Hoop on this one. Tricha for example seems to me to be well read and to my way of thinking is passing on what he considers to be relevant articles. The big letters give the reader a chance to quickly slim over the post and decide if the rest warrants reading. From that point its up to us to decide if the information is worth taking on board or not
    Last edited by STRAT; 25-04-2008 at 10:15 AM.