sharetrader

Default Viewing buy and sell orders?

How do you view buy and sell orders for a stock, I trade with asb, I don't think they have a section to do this.

Over at the hotcopper forums, they are always, mentioning this? Where does one access this information.

Brettdale

On ASB Secs site go to live quotes and put in the Ticker code and select quote with depth

Hope this helps
    Time is the great revealer

Thanks for the info, I will give it a try!

This is all very interesting.

This may sound like a stupid question, What I would like to know, is why do people try and sell their shares for a few cents above the actual price? Surly they wouldnt get any takers???
    Last edited by brettdale; 30-04-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettdale View Post

This may sound like a stupid question, What I would like to know, is why do people try and sell their shares for a few cents above the actual price? Surly they wouldnt get any takers???
    Those prepared to sit & wait for a rally, pending news etc?

Just remember most of the action is "off screen", especially large orders as they wont want to show there hand & push the price up/down (depending on if they are buying/selling).

Anyone putting in a "market price" order could trigger those orders if others pull there bids, & this does happen alot.

Quote Originally Posted by brettdale View Post

If you have made the decision to sell, why not just sell instead of messing around for that extra couple of cents?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    If you have made the decision to sell, why not just sell instead of messing around for that extra couple of cents?
    2 cents on 10,000 shares is $200-00. It mightn't be much to you, but if you are trading frequently (even say an average of only one trade a day) then every 5 x $200 = $1,000-00. Multiply that by 52 and you have a pretty good annual income, by many standards!

Tin-foil Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    2 cents on 10,000 shares is $200-00. It mightn't be much to you, but if you are trading frequently (even say an average of only one trade a day) then every 5 x $200 = $1,000-00. Multiply that by 52 and you have a pretty good annual income, by many standards!
    That's true only if you consistently manage to get your sell order through. Sometimes, due to trying to hold to those 2 cents, the stock drifts lower and you may end up having to take a bath.
    God - Please give us just one more bubble....