sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I feel fortunate to have gotten out of our last commercial property a few months back.

We missed the peak by about a year(when we first listed) I reckon, but all things considered, we couldn't be happier.

This report below looks absolutely dreadful for CRE:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13659140/D...ial-RE-Q1-2009

Have a look at pages 31-33: Declines of 45%+ are possible

The way things are going, I think I will be staying away from CRE until approx. 2015 give or take a bit.

Good luck to anyone in CRE......

Bayleys just ran an auction in Auckland of the sale of a whole heap of shops in the Lincoln Rd Shopping centre in Henderson, West Auckland. Demand was absolutely massive with yield on most units with the best tenants such as Columbus Coffee, ANZ, Westpac way below 6% ... some as low as 5.20% !!

Demand for decent commercial property in the under $3m bracket far far outstrips supply in Auckland at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Gold Guru View Post
    Bayleys just ran an auction in Auckland of the sale of a whole heap of shops in the Lincoln Rd Shopping centre in Henderson, West Auckland. Demand was absolutely massive with yield on most units with the best tenants such as Columbus Coffee, ANZ, Westpac way below 6% ... some as low as 5.20% !!

Demand for decent commercial property in the under $3m bracket far far outstrips supply in Auckland at the moment.
    Coffee shops and banks as low as 5.2% yield.....that is insanity

Quote Originally Posted by lakedaemonian View Post
    Coffee shops and banks as low as 5.2% yield.....that is insanity
    Perhaps not totally insane for a bank, but definately is for a glorified coffee shop with its inherent risk profile.
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.