sharetrader
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Blackham Resources (BLK):UCG potential!!

Blackham Resources (BLK) is another UCG microcap that is under the radar but will probably not remain so for much longer because of its 631mt JORC resource which is MORE than the billion market cap Linc Energy's 410mt!!!!!

Shares on Issue 31.6 million
    $0.20 Options (30 Nov 08) x 11.3 million
    $1.00 Options (~2013) x 2.1 million
    Total Options= 13.4 million
    Fully Diluted = 45.0 million
    Current price BLK: 36c
    Current price options BLKO: 15c
    Market cap: Approx $16 million

Read this Presentation:
    http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=406300

Company website:
    http://www.blackhamresources.com.au/

I shall need to say no more... this is massively underrated.

Watch this stock carefully in the coming weeks, this may become the next GLX.

Disclosure: Yes, I hold BLKO.
    Respect
    TOMMY

Disclosure: trading in and out of many stocks, too many to update the list at the moment...

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING I SAY OR IMPLY... USE YOUR OWN BRAIN AND RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT DECISIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Blackham Resources (BLK) is another UCG microcap that is under the radar but will probably not remain so for much longer because of its 631mt JORC resource which is MORE than the billion market cap Linc Energy's 410mt!!!!!

Shares on Issue 31.6 million
    $0.20 Options (30 Nov 08) x 11.3 million
    $1.00 Options (~2013) x 2.1 million
    Total Options= 13.4 million
    Fully Diluted = 45.0 million
    Current price BLK: 36c
    Current price options BLKO: 15c
    Market cap: Approx $16 million

Read this Presentation:
    http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=406300

Company website:
    http://www.blackhamresources.com.au/

I shall need to say no more... this is massively underrated.

Watch this stock carefully in the coming weeks, this may become the next GLX.

Disclosure: Yes, I hold BLKO.
    Nice write up Tommy, saved me doing it!

Very undervalued company, when you realise how many of its larger peers don't have JORC resources.

I should add BLK have 70% of the JV, not the whole lot...

They have just over $3m cash too

Disc: None yet, on close watch

Ps, Lot of noise on HC, so watch this fly Monday!
    Last edited by shasta; 24-05-2008 at 11:48 PM.

Hi shasta,

Thanks for reminding me of the Joint Venture info:
    http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=404780

BTW, what is the "noise" on HC??? Rumors? News??

P.S.
    BRW article dated 22-28 May 2008 titled "GAS BUSTERS" mentions BLK:
    http://www.lincenergy.com.au/pdf/coverage-64.pdf
    Last edited by tommy; 24-05-2008 at 11:54 PM.
    Respect
    TOMMY

Disclosure: trading in and out of many stocks, too many to update the list at the moment...

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING I SAY OR IMPLY... USE YOUR OWN BRAIN AND RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT DECISIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Nice write up Tommy, saved me doing it!

Very undervalued company, when you realise how many of its larger peers don't have JORC resources.

I should add BLK have 70% of the JV, not the whole lot...

They have just over $3m cash too

Disc: None yet, on close watch
    posted some of this on SS earlier

BLK is promising but ..... have some longer term reservations and think it could be a good and profitable short term play. Some reasons include

Cash is only $3.8m with a Standby Equity facility of $39.9m (not used because of the unsuccessful Russian bid) it is unclear if this can be drawn on at any time and included equity.

Check out the big partner Wesfarmers and their subsidary Premier Coal - apart from the announcement of the MOU their is nothing else in the most recent WES corporate presentation. Premier Coal doesn't even mention the Scadden prospect in their corporate summaries. Therefore this "big" partner may not know what BLK is proposing for CTL etc. Bit odd for a multi $b prospect not to be even detailed in the upcoming strategy.

Not sure this type of lignite coal will test effectively and will need pilot plants for testing etc before can be commercially appraised and running

technical ability - seems everyone wants CTL technicians (at least LINC have their own) - must be a finite pool

The plant for CTL is years away (as with the others currently promoted with the exception of Linc)

Plant will cost hundreds of $M to develop (even for BLK's share) - BLK worth around $10M ....so either...lots of debt or lots of dilution - cant see WES funding it and not wanting more of a stake.

more likely a buy out prospect than a producer imho

I agree it is currently cheap and will go higher - probably on monday with the masses chasing it and with CSG / UCG being the current flavour.

All others are similarly in the same boat just a little more expensive.

just some thoughts

ps if you didn't already know IMHO LINC is the superior company in this area with much more mileage to come. Just don't hold enough

Bear

Thanx bear, excellent posts. Put things into perspective...

As for whether or not the likes of GLX and BLK will ever start commercial production, I agree with you that the answer may be "never".

However, I am not interested in HOLDING this stock for a long-term investment (and if I implied that this is what I'm gonna do, sorry... I am simply TRADING this stock for a quick buck or two on the back of the UCG frenzy).

SO LET ME CLARIFY THAT THIS IS A VERY HIGH-RISK PLAY AND NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED!!!

That said, BLK is undoubtedly cheap in terms of market cap and proven JORC resource.

The only company that is likely to become a real producer at this stage is Linc Energy, they have the best personnel and technology compared to others and hence their premium share price as I have stressed in the LNC thread.

But the market is warming to the potential of UCG so more investor money is likely to flow into this sector, which will naturally push up the share price of some minnows in the process, as has happened with GLX. The best time to get into a sector with strong potential is BEFORE the media starts bombarding you with its mega-billion-dollar potential... and the public has only recently woken up to the potential of UCG in the form of LNC, MEE, CXY, SXP and GLX.

I still believe BLK short term potential, given the current market sentiment, is huge.

But I do highly appreciate your well thought-out posts and hope you will continue posting so that we can all make an informed decision and make some money from our collective intelligence!!
    Last edited by tommy; 25-05-2008 at 12:16 AM.
    Respect
    TOMMY

Tommy the differences between Linc and BLK are significant and the JORC means nothing if you don't have a plant or a working process

The Linc operation of 20,000 barrels per day will start construction middle of next year - Blackham is still years away

Linc has a proven method and it works (well we will know in the next few weeks if the pilot has been successful)

Linc has numerous MOUs and its own resource yet to be JORC but drilling is commencing shortly to get its own source compliant

Linc is reviewing 10 other sites in Australia, USA and Europe therefore not a one trick pony

Still think you will make plenty of coin - may look at buying some myself for a short term play

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Tommy the differences between Linc and BLK are significant and the JORC means nothing if you don't have a plant or a working process

The Linc operation of 20,000 barrels per day will start construction middle of next year - Blackham is still years away

Linc has a proven method and it works (well we will know in the next few weeks if the pilot has been successful)

Linc has numerous MOUs and its own resource yet to be JORC but drilling is commencing shortly to get its own source compliant

Linc is reviewing 10 other sites in Australia, USA and Europe therefore not a one trick pony

Still think you will make plenty of coin - may look at buying some myself for a short term play

Bear
    Never disagreed with you BEAR that LINC is miles ahead of BLK.

I love LNC, don't get me wrong but do you think the market thinks exactly like you? Do not underestimate the power of herd mentality, might as well exploit the UCG boom like I have over the past several weeks... it has been so easy to make money.

Suckers of UCG love MEE, SXP and GLX, meaning that they would probably like BLK as well.

However, trading may be quite risky this week due to DOW and All Ords charts looking very weak so be careful... don't risk what you can't lose!!
    Respect
    TOMMY

Never disagreed with you BEAR that LINC is miles ahead of BLK.

I love LNC, don't get me wrong but do you think the market thinks exactly like you? Do not underestimate the power of herd mentality, might as well exploit the UCG boom like I have over the past several weeks... it has been so easy to make money.

Suckers of UCG love MEE, SXP and GLX, meaning that they would probably like BLK as well.

However, trading may be quite risky this week due to DOW and All Ords charts looking very weak so be careful... don't risk what you can't lose!!
    would never pretend to know the market ...the herd is all powerful and the DOW does look weak for the coming week ...

we saw over the last week or so profit taking and a shift from LNC to MEE, GLX etc and this will probably continue - im long term on LNC

still consider BLK a good short term play and would be even more interested if WES showed their hand on this prospect - rather surprised no mention anywhere in their most recent corporate presentations

still plenty of $$ to be made

bear

Yeah, there is a reason why LNC is a BILLION dollar market cap, but still BLK's tiny 16 million market cap seems pretty good value when compared with its peers WITH NO JORC resource.

Worth topping up LNC on any weakness but in the meantime, worth putting some pennies into UCG minnows as well for faster gains...

I still hold my original position at this stage, keep an eye on BLK in da coming weeks!! The UCG gravy train has not run out of steam (yet)!! (unless there is a DOW crash, needless to say!)
    Respect
    TOMMY

Yeah, there is a reason why LNC is a BILLION dollar market cap, but still BLK's tiny 16 million market cap seems pretty good value when compared with its peers WITH NO JORC resource.

Worth topping up LNC on any weakness but in the meantime, worth putting some pennies into UCG minnows as well for faster gains...

I still hold my original position at this stage, keep an eye on BLK in da coming weeks!! The UCG gravy train has not run out of steam (yet)!! (unless there is a DOW crash, needless to say!)
    Tommy/Bear

Some good info there.

Remember the 40m facility is to be repaid (& will be in this quarter), due to the unsuccessful bid in Russia, that was in the conditions.

BLK has a JORC resource & no, it doesn't have any production facilities...

But consider SXP here for a minute....

A JORC resource (i think?) & they are effectively in a JV/MOU with LNC to add to LNC's feed stock supply, to fast track development.

I agree with Tommy, BLK/BLKO should be seen as a short term trade only, in any case i believe a much bigger player will take them over to get to there JORC resource....

Seems much cheaper to buy out a junior for there resources than to head up a major exploration & drilling campaign & do it all yourself.

Relative to its peers it is cheap however & thats what Tommy & I like about it.

With a share price of $1 we are talking about a market cap mid $30m's & thats roughly a 200% return from these levels.

I don't believe with all the CSG/UCG hype that a company with a large JORC resource is overly expensive with a market cap even around $35m.

Hell, just look at the "U" sector to see the blue sky valuations for non JORC companies that will NEVER produce/mine a single lb!