sharetrader
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default QUESTIONS FOR Mc DUNK

Duncan: can you recomend a tiler to do minor repairs to a concrete tile roof? TIA
    Possum The Cat

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Duncan: can you recomend a tiler to do minor repairs to a concrete tile roof? TIA
    Sorry POSSUM i dont want to get into recomending anyone for anything kind of business. Macdunk

Tin-foil Hatter

Taito Phillip Fields should be able to. Great rates as well.
    God - Please give us just one more bubble....

huffer

Macdunk - what are your thoughts on building a kitset home (A1, Platinum etc)...

1) in general?
    2) in the current financial environment?

Much appreciated.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by huffer View Post
    Macdunk - what are your thoughts on building a kitset home (A1, Platinum etc)...

1) in general?
    2) in the current financial environment?

Much appreciated.
    In general nothing wrong with a kitset home if you know the carpenter who makes or breaks the project. I dont have any information {good or otherwise on platinum homes] but will leave you some general advice on what to do.
    Arrange your finance and only pay for things as they get done never in advance of being done. Dont get caught out with paying a large deposit then if the building company goes broke { who ever it is] you lose the deposit. Dont move in or pay the final payment until the code of compliance cert is issued. Have a good look at the building companies recently finished houses and ask the people if they are satisfied. Macdunk

Default question for mackdunk

how does it feel to lose against me in a stock picking competition?
    and dont say this and that about im outa the market...
    remember--> to me its nothing more than just a bad stock pick... hehehhehe
    we all get them

.^sc
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

Advanced Member

Talking I am sick of being right all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    how does it feel to lose against me in a stock picking competition?
    and dont say this and that about im outa the market...
    remember--> to me its nothing more than just a bad stock pick... hehehhehe
    we all get them

.^sc
    SHREWDY, more to the point how does it feel to lose to me in real life reading the market. Remember who told you to get out the market and when they predicted the crash. Perhaps we should trade names like SHREWD MACDUNK. We could call you the STOP LOSS KID. The competition is over on the 19th so dont count your chickens just yet. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    SHREWDY, more to the point how does it feel to lose to me in real life reading the market. Remember who told you to get out the market and when they predicted the crash. Perhaps we should trade names like SHREWD MACDUNK. We could call you the STOP LOSS KID. The competition is over on the 19th so dont count your chickens just yet. Macdunk
    Couldnt resist mentioning the bit about being "out of the market" eh?

I have a question Macca if I may.

Is your Investment account cashed up too?
    Last edited by STRAT; 14-11-2008 at 11:56 AM.

Talking lets keep it real...

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    I am sick of being right all the time Macdunk

Macdunk, firstly I enjoy your posts... they're entertaining and you've made some good points. Also, wrt your posts from earlier this year, you've been spot on with the timing. But lets not get toooo smug eh.... here, for example, is an extract from a post of yours from sharechat dated 9th August 2007:

The next big crash is at least two years away in my opinion. The reason for the next crash is the indebtedness off America to china. Nothing big will happen before the olympic games in china, or the presidential election in America.

The reason I remembered that post is that earlier in the thread you'd smugly told me how you'd doubled your money in shares in the 6 months that I'd been mostly cashed up.

But then on the 16th August you posted this:

The way the market has gone today this is the next big crash. Never mind i decided no point selling what i have left in the market, might as well sit it out now.

Full credit to you, you did get out in time, unlike me who dipped my toe back in the water and got it bitten off my the bear. But lets keep it real eh??

Quote Originally Posted by corran View Post
    Macdunk, firstly I enjoy your posts... they're entertaining and you've made some good points. Also, wrt your posts from earlier this year, you've been spot on with the timing. But lets not get toooo smug eh.... here, for example, is an extract from a post of yours from sharechat dated 9th August 2007:

The next big crash is at least two years away in my opinion. The reason for the next crash is the indebtedness off America to china. Nothing big will happen before the olympic games in china, or the presidential election in America.

The reason I remembered that post is that earlier in the thread you'd smugly told me how you'd doubled your money in shares in the 6 months that I'd been mostly cashed up.

But then on the 16th August you posted this:

The way the market has gone today this is the next big crash. Never mind i decided no point selling what i have left in the market, might as well sit it out now.

Full credit to you, you did get out in time, unlike me who dipped my toe back in the water and got it bitten off my the bear. But lets keep it real eh??
    Gotta give Macdunk credit for at least being prepared to come out & make a statement & stick to it (rather than all the fence sitters, & hindsight experts).

Problem is when you stick your neck out, people will always look to pull you apart when your wrong, & Macdunk will always fess up when wrong...

I'd like more people to come off the fence on ST!