sharetrader
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Macdunk will always fess up when wrong...
    really?
    He never fessed up when the RBNZ started cutting interest rates big time, he was adament about fixed term mortgages, and still is as far as I know it...

.^sc
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    really?
    He never fessed up when the RBNZ started cutting interest rates big time, he was adament about fixed term mortgages, and still is as far as I know it...

.^sc
    ...eventually

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Gotta give Macdunk credit for at least being prepared to come out & make a statement & stick to it (rather than all the fence sitters, & hindsight experts).
    True, Macdunk deserves credit which I said in my earlier post.

Problem is when you stick your neck out, people will always look to pull you apart when your wrong
    very true Shasta... a prime example of getting pulled apart (even when right) where the posters who stuck their neck out and dared to critcise Uran prior to a few months ago

Macdunk will always fess up when wrong...
    from what I recall Macdunk never fessed up for being wrong about NZO which had an absolutely stellar run from $1.00 through to $1.80 or so earlier in the year. From what I remember he dissed it the whole way up...

Quote Originally Posted by corran View Post
    True, Macdunk deserves credit which I said in my earlier post.

very true Shasta... a prime example of getting pulled apart (even when right) where the posters who stuck their neck out and dared to critcise Uran prior to a few months ago

from what I recall Macdunk never fessed up for being wrong about NZO which had an absolutely stellar run from $1.00 through to $1.80 or so earlier in the year. From what I remember he dissed it the whole way up...

True, but remember Macdunk has been on here a while now, & i remember some very good advice from him on HQP a few years back...

He's consistent & look at NZO, it's dropped right back!

He's consistent & look at NZO, it's dropped right back!
    yes but, I thought Macdunk was fully in the technical analysis camp... now I am by now means a TA expert, but I would have though a TA investor would have been in during the uptrend and out when it went back down $1.60 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by corran View Post
    yes but, I thought Macdunk was fully in the technical analysis camp... now I am by now means a TA expert, but I would have though a TA investor would have been in during the uptrend and out when it went back down $1.60 or so.
    No he's not in the TA camp, his 30 MA "theory" is just that...

Couple of years ago, TA was like reading the clouds, or tea leaves to him

The best investors/traders use both FA & TA to some degree

Re NZO, any investor should have known the $1.50 option price was a floor & below that there was "trouble" ahead...

No one knows what oil will do, it could hit $30/bbl or skyrocket to $200/bbl

Advanced Member

Thumbs up

Hey guys this thread started of by me being asked if i could recommend a tiler. Its now turned into a Macdunk hate or love thread. Who cares if i am right or wrong other than myself, as long as i say it as i see it in advance of the event. I wish a few more posters would be a bit more honest with their views and investments as it happens, as i do. I make mistakes along with all of you, but at least my mistakes being in the public arena in advance of the event keep me from making them.
    Look at the fun you might have had with me saying 2008 would downtrend leading up to a crash after the olympics if the market had gone the other way. I dont really know how to read todays market, but intend to keep right out of it other than a tiny punt on CUE at an average of 14.5c just to upstage my mate SHREWDY who has 60% of his portfolio on at 21.5c. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    Hey guys this thread started of by me being asked if i could recommend a tiler. Its now turned into a Macdunk hate or love thread. Who cares if i am right or wrong other than myself, as long as i say it as i see it in advance of the event. I wish a few more posters would be a bit more honest with their views and investments as it happens, as i do. I make mistakes along with all of you, but at least my mistakes being in the public arena in advance of the event keep me from making them.
    Look at the fun you might have had with me saying 2008 would downtrend leading up to a crash after the olympics if the market had gone the other way. I dont really know how to read todays market, but intend to keep right out of it other than a tiny punt on CUE at an average of 14.5c just to upstage my mate SHREWDY who has 60% of his portfolio on at 21.5c. Macdunk
    Take it as a compliment Macca, Corran has appointed himself as the official ST Macdunk Annalist.

Default you are famous... let us talk...

mackdunk,
    question time---->

why did you get CUE?
    did you get it so you would always have it over me with a lower entry price...?
    im only down one third...its just a bad stock pick...
    I could not be happier....
    but lower prices coming through is a tiny concern...esp if they keep falling...
    its gone 140 130 120 110 100 90 80 70 60 55... whats next?
    TA would not be buying?
    so when do you think is a good time to go long on oil mackdunk?

.^sc
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    . I wish a few more posters would be a bit more honest with their views. Macdunk
    Oil
    140 130 120 110 100 90 80 70 60 55 60 65

By the way Duncan, hows the far North treating you?
    Last edited by STRAT; 15-11-2008 at 03:46 PM.