sharetrader
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast

Thread: SANford Chart

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Ruth View Post
    Thanks, iceman, but please don't post my work here again. And particularly don't do it next year after I start charging. I'm trying to make a living for my work and if it's given away for free, that should be my decision and not anybody else's. It does amount to theft. A link to my Substack, Just the Business is very acceptable. Cheers
    My apologies. I have long ago signed up to your newsletter when you start charging but as it is free and publicly available at present, I didn’t think there was anything wrong with posting it.
    I have deleted the post
    Last edited by iceman; 05-12-2023 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    If an article is marked as copyright, or published in a place that is copyrighted, then posting it here contravenes the terms of use for this website https://www.tarawera.co.nz/terms.html
    You the only one who has read the T&Cs …that was up to now lol

Wonder if Jenny is aware of the one marked 3)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I understand what you are getting at BlackCap, and you are probably correct legally, but from a good manners / etiquette standpoint, I think Jenny has made a very reasonable request.
    Absolutely Jenny made a valid point, except for accusing me of theft. I found that disappointing and have kindly told Jenny so. But her articles are bloody good 👍
    Last edited by iceman; 11-12-2023 at 06:03 AM.

Dilettante

Herald reporting today that Sanford is considering closing the Fish Market and selling the ground leases to apartment developers. While not surprising that they will continue asset sales, it would be a real shame for the Viaduct area to lose the gem that the Fish Market is.

Yeah I agree. Have lived locally for over 30 years…within 1K of the market. I think the building in front of sandfords the wool sheds is also up for development by panuku whatever the face (council)
    Actually I remember the days the old wooden storage sheds where still on fanshawe st where air nz and kiwibank are now.
    The fishing boats bobbing in their basin, ladies of the night lurking in the shadows, mate if you got through their late at night without incident…life was good…you felt like a f… pirate

The viaduct probably not the easiest place for fish processing plant now…it has always smelt a bit pongy…fishy like lol
    I can imagine the nimbys that have recently moved into their appartments complain often….even though the fish market been there forever before the nimby…bit like western springs…people buy a house there and complain about the speedway and concerts…duh

They redeveloped the retail concept a few years back…got the flash retail design company Izzard..all looks good but they stripped the heart and soul out of that place….could be any food hall anywhere in the world.

I preferred the old school market where you just browsed the big space, took your whole fish up to the bench and stand behind some cheap Perspex screen while either a big brawny island fella or skinny nimble Asian fella would put on a show with his knife skills and chop your fish however you wanted before you got a free shower as those hosed the bench…it was a skill to decide how close you stood to the Perspex screen.

I reckon Sanford missed a trick…should of just been a place you got the best value freshest seafood served simply
    A Kiwi seafood experience…
    bowl of steamed mussels, white bait fritter in white bread, mussel fritter, oyster raw half shell, fish and chips, crayfish half steamed or bbq

when I used to go the the Auckland seafood festival..this is what food people where offering in their stalls
    when you go to sandfords today your getting a mcdonalds seafood experience…you can get a lobster roll with chips and a beer from a brand callled lobster and tap..For the lobster lovers - a whole menu dedicated to premium Canadian wild-caught lobster.

sorry for my ramble. I don’t have sandfords shares…always thought about them but hopefully my observations over the last 3o years matched the sandfords share performance..a great place that lost its way in a modern world.

would be sorry to see them close

Legend

Great post Perky.

you felt like a f… pirate

Classic!!

Rrrr me matey
    as winner always tells us….it’s the story that counts
    Sandfords is a tragedy or tale of woe

share price follows the story

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Perky View Post
    Yeah I agree. Have lived locally for over 30 years…within 1K of the market. I think the building in front of sandfords the wool sheds is also up for development by panuku whatever the face (council)
    Actually I remember the days the old wooden storage sheds where still on fanshawe st where air nz and kiwibank are now.
    The fishing boats bobbing in their basin, ladies of the night lurking in the shadows, mate if you got through their late at night without incident…life was good…you felt like a f… pirate

hahaha. Yes I remember those times well. Don't know how many times we swam across to the Wynyard Quarter on our early morning crawls back from the downtown establishments heading back to the boat, when the blimmin bridge was up :-)
    No idea what you mean with "ladies of the night" though !
    Last edited by iceman; 14-12-2023 at 05:12 PM.

Legend

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/133...+December+2023

The plan for the Auckland Fish Market site is 'incoherent'.

I thought that was normally just Brown??