sharetrader
Page 8 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow

DOW 10K not far off now...........I wish I was wrong

Smile

I believe the Dow heading to 8k and then will turn. 8k is the support level on the long-term linear growth charts. Last 10 years of exponential growth are over. We will not pull out of recession until 2010 at the earliest.

Guys you wouldn't believe the level of personal debt Americans hold. It makes Kiwi's personal debt levels look like a drop in the ocean.

We know some people earning US$300k who are maxed out on all credit lines....it takes years of easy and low cost credit to get a culture in this position.

It's all coming home to roost now.
    The trend is your friend.

Hi folks,

Posted 08072008:

http://forum.incrediblecharts.com/me...8/1634477.html

"2909-07102008 ... DOW likely to be strongly negative here"

... as per post above, DOW negativity takes its cue, right on time .....

-----

... and to add a little more for the next couple of months:-

DOW ..... if you think it is bad now, just wait until Jupiter gets
    in on the act, 17-27102008 !~! (New Moon 28102008)

And more negative time cycles, just in time for the US elections:

..... be watching for the Saturn/Uranus opposition,
    as it becomes exact and is triggered yet again, by:

Venus 03112008
    Sun 11112008 (Full moon 13112008)
    Jupiter 03-19112008

have a great day

paul

=====
    Disclaimer: yogi makes no claim to be a licenced investment advisor.

Always consult your licenced advisor or other financial professional expert.

A bounce in between would be nice, maybe today?

Euro markets out of the block and up 3%+. If the Mighty RBNZ also announces its .75-1.00% rate cut tomorrow, we may get a double whammy bounce and see the NZX finish the week rather nicely : )

Quote Originally Posted by trendy View Post
    I believe the Dow heading to 8k and then will turn. 8k is the support level on the long-term linear growth charts. Last 10 years of exponential growth are over. We will not pull out of recession until 2010 at the earliest.

Guys you wouldn't believe the level of personal debt Americans hold. It makes Kiwi's personal debt levels look like a drop in the ocean.

We know some people earning US$300k who are maxed out on all credit lines....it takes years of easy and low cost credit to get a culture in this position.

It's all coming home to roost now.
    Not far now to 8000.....but will be 2010 at the earliest before we pull out of recession. Trust me everyone has stopped spending their discretionary income.

slow learner

I just watch the DOW jump up 750 points in 45 minutes!

Someone must have said somethig???

Bounced off 8000 but jump off 8100 to 8850 and still open. should make an interesting candle.
    Last edited by Financially dependant; 11-10-2008 at 08:52 AM. Reason: numbers

That had all the markings of government intervention. Look's like they are starting to use the $700B and buying the index.

Quote Originally Posted by trendy View Post
    That had all the markings of government intervention. Look's like they are starting to use the $700B and buying the index.
    Presidential Workign Group/Plunge Protection Team?

Beyond mere coincidence that a world-class slaughter ends on a high note after one of the worst weeks in financial history, in my opinion

As tempting as it may be to cite "the Invisible Hand" as the reason for the late rally, don't be tempted.....the stock market is their least concern right now....credit markets must be thawed urgently. If the credit freeze starts to feed through to the corporate sector, there will be no stock market - it would take very little time for companies to collapse if debtors stopped paying their Accounts Payable, especially if the Receiver cannot borrow credit to fill the gap, which is highly possible given the Bank situation.

If corporate creditors stop paying their bills, others quickly do the same, and the money flow in the Corporate sector comes to a complete standstill.

You can see why the focus is on restoring interbank money markets.....

In my view the 1000 pip decline on Friday was continued hedge fund forced liquidation - the 850 pip rally was real money entering the market from the sidelines, in anticipation of G7, G20 coming up with the goods over the weekend

Monday will tell us if Fridays action was a (imperfect) key day reversal........the last half hour spoiled the perfect set-up