sharetrader
Page 9 of 107 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow

Anecdotal evidence of massive private investor selling via 401k and IRA accounts - . People are exchanging assets in their accounts from equity to treasury money market. This is further increasing demand on short dated treasury hence next to zero yields on 3 month t bills. Treasury is having to issue more treasury bills to meet demand.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...xIM&refer=home
    The trend is your friend.

In my view the 1000 pip decline on Friday was continued hedge fund forced liquidation - the 850 pip rally was real money entering the market from the sidelines, in anticipation of G7, G20 coming up with the goods over the weekend

Monday will tell us if Fridays action was a (imperfect) key day reversal........the last half hour spoiled the perfect set-up
    DOW up 936 piparoonies......think we have a bottom in place guys and gals

Don't bet on it just yet. Deep recession coming market will grind down...even if gov spend $1trillion on injecting capital into banks.

Why is it, everytime the DOW drops xHundred amount of points they come out with a headline:

Stocks slump on recession fears

I mean, we already, have already , constantly already know this , All the time and its like a groundhog day everyday over there with the same news which obviously is not good, but the Norm is becoming the same story each time over and over.

To me, it is lack of Journalism or words to write about so they just repeat what the obvious is.

Quote Originally Posted by drillfix View Post
    Why is it, everytime the DOW drops xHundred amount of points they come out with a headline:

I mean, we already, have already , constantly already know this , All the time and its like a groundhog day everyday over there with the same news which obviously is not good, but the Norm is becoming the same story each time over and over.

To me, it is lack of Journalism or words to write about so they just repeat what the obvious is.
    its the realisation that the current 'crisis' is more than subprime and the credit crisis .... its the realisation that fundamantally the us and other economies are stuffed and that earnings will be down ...... can't be many say ..... in denial last week so when the dow falls again thats the reason ..... recession fears went away last week now back in existence .... you and i might know it but most don't yet drillfix so dont be surprised when yiou read the same headline next week as well

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    its the realisation that the current 'crisis' is more than subprime and the credit crisis .... its the realisation that fundamantally the us and other economies are stuffed and that earnings will be down ...... can't be many say ..... in denial last week so when the dow falls again thats the reason ..... recession fears went away last week now back in existence .... you and i might know it but most don't yet drillfix so dont be surprised when yiou read the same headline next week as well
    I've been as clear as I can about how I think things will continue to unfold.

The markets and the economy will continue to spiral downward.....regardless of what the empty headed "experts" would have us believe on CNBS...er CNBC

Wait until layoffs/redundancies/unemployment figures sky(relatively speaking, many 1st world countries have near 20,30,40 year low unemployment using newer skewed to the positive statistics)

Wait until the US private/public pension underfunding/insolvency problem rears it's ugly head.

In my opinion, the US and to a lesser extent the global economy, is in a "flat spin".

Market drops accelerate

Bailouts accelerate in frequency and scale

Bankruptcy/Insolvency/Receiverships will accelerate in frequency and scale

Redundancies/Unemployment will accelerate in frequency and scale

Leading to forced liquidations of personal/corporate assets

Until we either hit the ground(complete financial implosion which I strongly doubt) or regain control via reinflation and aerodynamic lift from the denser air and far more appealing low altitude valuations.

Allowing us to once again achieve stable flight and SLOWLY climb to cruising altitude.

Personally, I think we've only seen the first few spin rotations.....there's lots more nauseating spinning and screaming, and screaming and spinning before we get low enough for the reinflation rudder and the screaming bargain ailerons to bite.

Just my personal 0.02c.....hopefully I haven't offended any pilots or aviation fans.

Quote Originally Posted by drillfix View Post

try this one

Bush blames the Economic down turn on the President of the US

Dumb SOB and **** for brains W. Bubba Bush ,blames all this **** on Dick Chaney, he says.

He told the FWWE news that all was OK until that SOB (Chaney), decided to do some crazy deals with his Buddies(ENRON & OTHERS), or Homies as he calls them.

He washes his hands of any blame,he claims extreme stupidity and utter ignorance mixed with his mongoloid communication skills plus his desire to be the worst President ever in History, for all that has happened, in this past 84-86 month.

In a related note,Laura Bush declare her Husband an embarrassment to the mongoloids of the world, when compared to them,and also a useless moron with an peanut shell for brain.

She added that even in bed he his clueless and if it was not for all those very handsome and virile Secret Service Guys, that screwed her with gusto all this YEARS she would of killed his stupid ass, she added.

or

Dow Drops 666; McCain Claims Obama is the Anti-Christ!
    Last edited by dumbass; 23-10-2008 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Now that the impending recession headlines have reached morning TV and talk back radio this might be a good sign the bottom is close even if its not going to turn as soon as Belg would have us believe
    Last edited by STRAT; 23-10-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    note that you could probably substitute breakfast new 'talking heads' for taxi drivers ...
    I was thinking that too

Watch the following PBS video on "foreclosure alley". Sobering.

http://www.kcet.org/socal/2008/09/fo...ure-alley.html