sharetrader
Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1069

Thread: Dow

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Approximately 5 days of both DOW and S&P crawling sideways
    And nasdaq has been going sideways for a month.
    where to from here.

Break-up
    Break-out
    Break-down
    Last edited by arc; 04-04-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Twiggs citing Bulkowski's falling widening wedge as 87% probabilty of upside breakout.

Strange he didn't mention TMF falling to almost zero,
    8 weeks soon, all down. DOW coming off the boil.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...KBN1AK1A9?il=0

Dow chalks up eighth record close in a row

My estimated target met. Dow hit 23000 for the first time. Will markets fall going forward? I am bearish on markets now especially on extended stocks but still I have faith on great value stocks and attractive defensive stocks.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    My estimated target met. Dow hit 23000 for the first time. Will markets fall going forward? I am bearish on markets now especially on extended stocks but still I have faith on great value stocks and attractive defensive stocks.
    A lot has happened in the last couple of months with the DJIA now looking determined to hit 25000. Don't they know that Santa's been and taken his Rally home for another year!

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    A lot has happened in the last couple of months with the DJIA now looking determined to hit 25000. Don't they know that Santa's been and taken his Rally home for another year!

One could say that was a prescient post macduffy, so soon after it looks like 25,000 is a decent support at the 50MA, another 500 points below here, assuming that holds. Amazing to see the local punters reacting to the downturn like it's a one-day reversal and bargain time, so buy! Probably never seen a decent market correction or rout which unfolds over weeks or months. Not saying this will, but still interesting behaviours.

Guru

Yes interesting BB.Sold some today phew,pay back some OD.First time in quite a while.

Membaa

Interesting that the Trumpet holds market strength so dear to his success and re-election, then apparently puts that to the sword declaring a ramp from 10% to 25% tariff for $200 billion worth of trade with China, sending the DOW futures into a tailspin currently off 550 points leading into the US open markets.

Just a bluff by Trump and a buying opportunity as local markets react, or is he shafted the market and his re-election hopes? Either way, the market reacts quickly and violently, if futures hold on current sentiment, tomorrow looks grim for world markets and locally that inevitably follow.

He has been a trader’s dream this past several months, many have done well out of his tweets. I am not a trader so have had to ride the tweets out. Interesting to watch that as of into the late NYSE morning....the Dow has recovered about half of its initial fall...who knows what the afternoon will hold....last November/December the falls and gains were bigger....maybe this will get bigger if the talks truely stall, or maybe, it will all ping if everything works out.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Interesting that the Trumpet holds market strength so dear to his success and re-election, then apparently puts that to the sword declaring a ramp from 10% to 25% tariff for $200 billion worth of trade with China, sending the DOW futures into a tailspin currently off 550 points leading into the US open markets.

Just a bluff by Trump and a buying opportunity as local markets react, or is he shafted the market and his re-election hopes? Either way, the market reacts quickly and violently, if futures hold on current sentiment, tomorrow looks grim for world markets and locally that inevitably follow.
    I think you will find his re-election chances will be fine either way. Lowest unemployment since 1969 in the US currently, 263k jobs created last quarter (or was it month) and the Dow up 40% odd since his election. He is polling better now than he did on election day 2016 and the markets are pricing in a Trump victory in 2020.
    Heaps of other achievements like ISIS defeated (something Obama did not want to do or could not do) seemed so simple in hindsight, many court judges appointed and the Senate keeps confirming them (that is why Trump put emphasis on winning the Senate not the House), Black and Hispanic unemployment at record lows too. The US just keeps on winning.
    Gallup - Presidential job approval at this point in the first term:
    Carter 37
    Reagan 43
    HW Bush 76
    Clinton 51
    W Bush 70
    Obama 44
    Trump 46

Suddenly Trump is higher than Carter, Reagan, and Obama in approval via Gallup. Pretty stunning considering where Trump's approval has been.
    Last edited by blackcap; 07-05-2019 at 06:44 AM.