sharetrader
Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1069

Thread: Dow

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Wow 9th straight session record high... this just keeps on going.
    12 straight up days - from twitter

@TheStalwart: Uh oh. Last time we had a streak this long was 1987. And we all know what happened that year. #KnowYourHistory https://t.co/jmcz5hpeLM
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    12 straight up days - from twitter

@TheStalwart: Uh oh. Last time we had a streak this long was 1987. And we all know what happened that year. #KnowYourHistory https://t.co/jmcz5hpeLM
    No its different this time winner. you watch and see, it will be up tomorrow as well and that will be 13 straight record highs.
    Its just going to keep on going up.

No its different this time winner. you watch and see, it will be up tomorrow as well and that will be 13 straight record highs.
    This 'wall of worry' is very high so a lot more climbing to do I reckon

No worries here ......though Aaron's wait for the bargains seems a forlorn wait

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This 'wall of worry' is very high so a lot more climbing to do I reckon

No worries here ......though Aaron's wait for the bargains seems a forlorn wait
    I feel sorry for Aaron, he might learn that timing the market is pretty much impossible. But yep the wall of worry... could keep going for a while yet but keeping watch myself as things are looking a bit stretched.

Permanent Newbie

I feel sorry for Aaron, he might learn that timing the market is pretty much impossible. But yep the wall of worry... could keep going for a while yet but keeping watch myself as things are looking a bit stretched.
    I appreciate your pity.
    I am supposed to be coming up with an investing plan and starting to spend time looking at annual reports so that I might have an idea when a company is a bargain, when the crash finally happens ((not long to go now) although Warren Buffett doesn't share my pessimism but what does he know)
    As of today just procrastinating and falling further behind financially.
    Sorry to hear that Winner69 can't afford honey now that it is too expensive my woes pale into insignificance compared to the plight of the baby boomer generation.
    Last edited by Aaron; 28-02-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I appreciate your pity.
    I am supposed to be coming up with an investing plan and starting to spend time looking at annual reports so that I might have an idea when a company is a bargain, when the crash finally happens ((not long to go now) although Warren Buffett doesn't share my pessimism but what does he know)
    As of today just procrastinating and falling further behind financially.
    Aaron - you should at least dip your toes in , though no need to dive headfirst with ALL the swag. Smallish entries over a period of time will allow you to develop your investing skills without losing your shirt even if there is big bang.

I agree that values are stretched in general but there are always some interesting prospects to be found and if not true value then at least good growth possibilities.
    Pushpay would be my recommendation. Buy on dips.

(PS I know this comment is not relevant to the DOW)

First paragraph from a The Australian article

Donald Trump’s address to Congress on Tuesday tonight (early Wednesday afternoon AEDT) will either put some foundations under the “Trump Bump” that has inflated equity markets and the US dollar since his victory last year or demolish them. There’s trillions of dollars now riding on how the markets receive the address

Didn't bother reading the rest as the writer must be climbing the wall of worry

No worries

But if Trump gets too enthusiastic will Janet 'repond' and have a few rate increases.
    Last edited by winner69; 28-02-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Markets were moving with all of worries. Even overlooked cheap markets such as Russia, Brazil and Hungary also delivered big gains in 2016. There is always something to worry. After DOW and other extended bullish markets, there could be bullish opportunities in overlooked markets next. I strongly believe current overlooked dirt-cheap markets also could deliver big gain in 2017.

It's on fire at the moment

Even Janet wn't be able to stop this

DOW 25,000 soon

No worries

Membaa

Twiggs citing Bulkowski's falling widening wedge as 87% probabilty of upside breakout.

Strange he didn't mention TMF falling to almost zero,