sharetrader
Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1069

Thread: Dow

IMO

Dow futures keep going up now re up 150 from a slight negative start.

Guru

At all time highs, Trump and Obama's conciliatory approach may be helping.

Finally,DOW hit all time high. My previous target was around 19000. As I said before these markets have more legs. But we cannot rule out volatility and sideway market on the way to its next target. More than markets, I am bullish on selected stocks. Global central banks cannot stay away from easy money policy yet. Most probably, it can happen in 2018.

Banks and construction stocks are in limelight now. But there are stocks in following areas as well. They should benefit from less regulation.

Food makers
    Agricultural companies
    Oil and gas companies

Guru

Default Resumption of the Bull Market Cycle?

Hmmm..It now seems the mid-summer rally resuming the Bull rally was no fluke...So much for the overcooked fundamentals and the institutional funds people winding down their exposure...The TA charting I'm using sees another round of good times..the Price target (trading target) signaled back in July2016 shows 20400...This signal was activated in mid July 4 months before the Presidential elections..So it seems it didn't matter who won..

I've added the Copper price as Winner recently bought the subject up in his 8th November 2016 post on the S&P500 thread...We did a lot of discussing about copper's role with the Equity cycles back in 2009..
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hoop - Copper on a roll the last few weeks

Good positive sign

No worries
    I posted Russell Napier's copper connection back in 30th October 2008 and watched Copper's activity and then waited for the bull signal..The whole page is an interesting read especially Lizard's scenario table for the future..remember when these posts were written 90% of the investment world were exclaiming doom & gloom, nearly all were emotionally drained and very pessimistic... On the 19th January 2009 TA signaled a copper breakout, this mean't in theory that within 6 weeks the DOW should bottom out and cycle reverse to Bull.

Back to the "now"..Although we are not experiencing a 3rd stage bear cycle we did have some sort of major bull market correction and perhaps the copper connection can loosely signal these corrections as well...It sort of happened in 2010 and 2011 corrections (see chart)....

Note of Caution referring to this post:..The copper/equity connection has a prediction rate of 100% accuracy when used correctly..The copper/equity connection and 100% correlation result was discovered during the analysis of 3rd stage Equity Bear Market cycles... and at no other stages of cycles.

Russell Napier's book "Anatomy of the Bear" discussed the Copper connection

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...markets/page12
    Last edited by Hoop; 12-11-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Thank you Hoop for your detailed analysis. It is very interesting.

Now some analysts and writers think : Is Copper the New Gold?

It is true commodity market is in big bear market but still there could be short term rally. Gold had some support in 2016.In China speculators bet heavily on things like Iron ore and eggs. For me 2017 is a different ball game. New opportunities should emerge in new bull markets.

I still see demand for selected stocks globally. British pound is another surprise winner. I didn’t become bear on pound like others. Similarly, I didn’t become bear on USD yet. On the other hand, I am heavily bearish on NZD and AUD now.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 12-11-2016 at 06:32 PM.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/14/us-markets.html

Dow posts 6-day winning streak, closes at record high despite tech fall

Finally, MY initial target (19000) for DOW reached yesterday. Globally, other markets also should follow DOW during next four to six months. However, I expect some volatility as well. Global markets have more legs. Next great bull markets will come from less known and undervalued markets through out Asian pacific region and selected areas in other regions.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/global-s...ise-1479803109

Dow Closes above 19000 for First Time

Index on track to post stronger yearly performance than S&P 500 for first time since 2011

Membaa

Three short weeks later, DOW 19,911 looks set for 20,000! Massive.

No worries.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Three short weeks later, DOW 19,911 looks set for 20,000! Massive.

No worries.
    Up 8.6% since the Trump election. Commentators saying the 20,000 is inevitable as there is a lot of momentum.

Those sitting on the sidelines waiting for the drop must be feeling sick. That said, its at the time that they pile in not to miss out, that is when to sell. Even on CNBC they are now saying its maybe time for the average joe punter to get back into stocks. (many left after 2008 and have missed out on a 200% gain)