sharetrader
Page 20 of 107 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post

...for the market -a new bubble can’t be started from today’s asset-price levels- means: prepare for new market lows

Kind Regards

Or alternatively ....a new bubble can't be started.

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    ...read on and find out>>>

Bubble Economy 2.0: The Financial Recovery Plan from Hell
    by Michael Hudson
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=12265

Great article Ananda.

The future looks scary. My guess would be the next crash will bring us into a deep depression. We cant continue to borrow and print money that we cannot possibly pay. How will America finance its debt in the future? Very scary.

The actions today is also telling the banks tomorrow that they can do whatever they want, cos the govt will always be here to bail them out.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 13-02-2009 at 04:37 PM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Has anyone got a link to a creditable source on what's happened to the US M3 money supply ... (I don't need to remind ya'all that the official publication of M3 stopped just before the meltdown) ... I'm now hearing two views - one says it's contracted significantly and other that says it still increasing ...
    I posted this on here a couple of years ago:

http://nowandfutures.com/key_stats.html

I'm almost of the belief that we are seeing a coordinated deception operation to mask future intentions.

I have no really strong evidence to substantiate this thought other than a deception plan is a critical component of military operations.....it is what I would do, or at least ATTEMPT to do.

I'm expecting rejiggered inflation and unemployment figures...again...moving forward.

If you can't win the game...change the score of the game.

I doubt we will receive a Volker head-fake and then get punched in the face with massive interest rate increases to fix the problem....that would cure the disease but kill the patient.

I think we will see mariskova-like behavior to try and hide massive inflation and eventually some unknown but inevitable financial heart transplant that will be a game changer.

My personal financial doctrine has changed little other than the fact I am now considering selling my debt free business.....sitting even more in cash/cash-like.....but keeping the dairy farm

As I've stated for a couple years now....I still believe we have a long and painful road ahead of us....now I think it will be longer and filled with even more pain.
    Last edited by lakedaemonian; 14-02-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Has anyone got a link to a creditable source on what's happened to the US M3 money supply ... (I don't need to remind ya'all that the official publication of M3 stopped just before the meltdown) ... I'm now hearing two views - one says it's contracted significantly and other that says it still increasing ...
    ...do not have any numbers on M3, but:

...considering the process of the destruction of US$ caused by an increasing number of defaults on US$-denominated debt instruments, it would be logical to assume, that M3 would be contracting and not be expanding (no asset price inflation yet until at least 2010)

...ergo, new lows on equity markets most likely...

Kind Regards

This bbc article has one interesting explanation for the Japanese tanking economy other than it being such an export driven economy and there is now no demand for its cars and electronics, the finance minister is a piss head and he was drunk at the recent G7 conference. I don't speak Japanese but he is wasted!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7893924.stm
    Last edited by Dusty; 18-02-2009 at 02:14 AM.

When i was watching Gann Globals free video reports they made a very big deal of the S+P500 breaching 797..... Now 785.
    Accoring to his analysis we have started the next wave down

Dow same really, we've broken the 2009 lows and about to push through the Nov 2008 one.

Last edited by peat; 18-02-2009 at 08:14 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

...as expected the market is well on it's way to test the 21 November low; there is a definite chance the low will hold with a consequent rally up to ~1100 for the SPX 500

...fundamentally, ONLY if a satisfactory US banking solution is found, like putting them to sleep 'Swedish' style and a reform of the CDS market will ensure, the still outstanding 30trillion nominal value of contracts can be 'neutralized' or orderly deflated;

Trading Strategy: BEARISH -short to medium-

short hedged accumulating ~858 (+);
    -accumulate stocks -medium to long term- on fresh market lows

Kind Regards
    Last edited by ananda77; 18-02-2009 at 07:49 AM. Reason: addition

Pivotal trading period tonight with dow currently at 7556, as thought now testing Nov 08 support levels, as you say ananda we could see a double bottom and subsequent rally, if it closes below 7500 we are in for trouble bear market still having plenty of fight it it.

Quote Originally Posted by O Dusty View Post
    Pivotal trading period tonight with dow currently at 7556, as thought now testing Nov 08 support levels, as you say ananda we could see a double bottom and subsequent rally, if it closes below 7500 we are in for trouble bear market still having plenty of fight it it.
    ...yes, still plenty of BEAR left but:

short term, it is either bottom SPX 500 *741 (DOW *7449, possibly *7,198) and a consequent biting 'snap-back rally' or >crash< (tonight??? tomorrow??? next week???);

...if SPX 500 ~*838/*841 tops for the snap back rally, the market will make new lows in the short term

...playing it safe at present

Kind Regards

Kind Regards
    Last edited by ananda77; 19-02-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: correction

...although TRADING STRATEGY reached TARGET last night, I remain bearish;

...the unsettling scenario is the persistant spread between the Dow reaching a new low and the Nasdaq as well as the SPX 500 not having broken the 21 November low just yet;

...so there could be another attempt at SPX *800 but failing this mark should get us to the low or lower

...playing it safe at present (sell stops placed strategically -yes-, buy stops -no hurry-)

Kind Regards