sharetrader
Page 58 of 107 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow

special needs

pardon moi, senor hoopster, what is a kicker?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by evilroyrule View Post

Tony Veitch?

special needs

touche meester pudding!

Legend

touche meester pudding!

Merci Monsieur Evilroyule.

special needs

ive been planning all day today to sell my shares on monday. and then i strted reading all the old posts, charts on the size and length of this rally, looked at big phaddys charts etc. and im actually going to stay all in. im not a day trader, nor am i by any means any expert, but to me this looks like any normal healthy retracement. we go up up up down down and then up again. after all this is what happened in nov just last year.

cool heads is what is called for. cld be famous last words, but imo this is just how the staircase traces. while will be good pickings next week i cant be bothered with short selling, and will simply wait for herd to trek north again.

good luck everyone. interesting times.

Guru

Bonjour evilroyrule...

Je suis ne peut pas écrire le français donc j'ai trompé l'utilisation d'un traducteur de texte en ligne... niffy hein! essayez-le ici

A kicker is a very powerful two candlestick formation. Investors are known to make a lot of money from doing nothing else in investing except hunting down kickers and acting upon them.
    see here (click "skip the ad" if it pops ups)

Google... candlestick kicker for more info

I mentioned to watch for a kicker (which may or may not happen) next week as the market drop is very severe on news which isn't particularly bad when you sit down and calmly think about it. The markets being closed for the next two days investors have time to "group think" and may decide on Monday to proact rather than react.

special needs

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Bonjour evilroyrule...

Je suis ne peut pas écrire le français donc j'ai trompé l'utilisation d'un traducteur de texte en ligne... niffy hein! essayez-le ici

A kicker is a very powerful two candlestick formation. Investors are known to make a lot of money from doing nothing else in investing except hunting down kickers and acting upon them.
    see here (click "skip the ad" if it pops ups)

Google... candlestick kicker for more info

I mentioned to watch for a kicker (which may or may not happen) next week as the market drop is very severe on news which isn't particularly bad when you sit down and calmly think about it. The markets being closed for the next two days investors have time to "group think" and may decide on Monday to proact rather than react.
    thanks hoopy,

sadly i quit 5th form french before i flunked.

i dod my homework. so we are looking for a bullish kicker? god knows how you can recognise that candle forming until the event is upon us? it cld go either way, but i agree, the news out hasnt been bad at all.

so someone looking to trade off these bull kicker (good name for next racehorse or a derivitive of at least) signals wld take a punt on monday? surely if they waited till after the day, the candle wld have been formed and opportunity lost? appeciate your reply, this is really interesting. thanks

ok so this is what we are looking for:
    Recognizing the formation of a potential Kicker Signal requires observing the previous day's candle formation, with the open price, then the closing price continuing in the direction of the existing trend. A bullish kicker is formed after an announcement or some event, a down-trending price alters its direction, opening at the same level or higher than the previous day, a gap open, and proceeding to close in the complete opposite direction of the previous day.

in practical terms how does that work? if on open monday, any one stock opens highr than its friday close, is that it?? or is it formed at days end after reversing previous trend? if so, ho much higher wld it have to close??? is the bull kick est on open or at end of days trade?

ps good use of the on line translator!!
    Last edited by evilroyrule; 23-01-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: more questions than brains

Guru

Default Hoop + thinking proccess = 0

Thinking a bit more about it ...Realistically Monday would not be the day for a bullish kicker..The Dow would have to open above 10400 and rise higher and close higher (gap), a bit too much to ask for methinks.

Maybe Tuesday if Monday suffers a much smaller fall....hmmm.. an assumption

Hmmm... need the right variables...maybe at this moment this is not the right scenario (chartwise) to expect a bull kicker formation...

Oh well.... I'll stop assuming and continue analysing the real stuff.
    Last edited by Hoop; 23-01-2010 at 08:17 PM.

special needs

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Thinking a bit more about it ...Realistically Monday would not be the day for a bullish kicker..The Dow would have to open above 10400 and rise higher and close higher (gap), a bit too much to ask for methinks.

Maybe Tuesday if Monday suffers a much smaller fall....hmmm.. an assumption

Hmmm... need the right variables...maybe at this moment this is not the right scenario (chartwise) to expect a bull kicker formation...

Oh well.... I'll stop assuming and continue analysing the real stuff.
    mate at least you were prepared to have an opinion before the event. and, in my mind (yes still all day to go i know) you may be right. here come the buyers now.

Guru

Default Bull market Correction ?

We needed an up day to offset the bearish effects of the 3 identical black crows. We got that.

The DOW closed up at 10197 (+24) a positive but wary start to the week the Media say.

But did the returning bulls do a good job today?....Personally...Nah

Their first bullish attempt to regain their lost territory failed. (retest of new resistance 10250 respected). Maybe tomorrow?

A bull market correction in progress scenario is the odds on chance at the moment..

Last edited by Hoop; 26-01-2010 at 10:57 AM.