sharetrader
Page 76 of 107 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Marketwinner, that's pretty dire warning about a bear market

Do you believe that?
    Bear markets inevitably follow bull markets. Similarly bull markets follow bear markets. Now we have to study are we in a secular bull market or bull market in a secular bear market. I don’t think anybody can predict markets. Still I believe over valued markets are due for bigger correction. It can happen any time and we cannot predict it. .Just like they forget Indian market some market players will avoid both Ukraine and Russia now. I believe some markets players will find opportunity even in risky markets. We need to have global approach when we invest in the future. Modern Intelligent investors like to invest in developed, emerging and frontier markers to minimize their risks. They know when they don’t have bull market in their own country there will be bull market in somewhere in this planet. I also expect at least 10% market correction in both New Zealand and Australian markets. In addition their currencies could go down as result of foreign outflow and due to emerging bull currencies such as USD and Pound.

http://www.rttnews.com/2323756/miner...ket-lower.aspx
    Miners Drag Australian Market LowerCheers

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions. Please note that I do not endorse or take responsibility for material in the above hyper-linked site.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 19-05-2014 at 10:22 PM. Reason: To adjust a sentence.

I found very interesting following link. Do you think some markets are overvalued now?

http://www.investing.com/analysis/st...d-by-55-213630

Stock Market Overvalued by 55%?

I found another link

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yo...#axzz34yYhvsI1

Don't take more risk than necessary

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...t-decline.html

Dow Erases 2014 Gain Amid Global Selloff as Exxon Tumbles

Guru

Hmmm...Some TA warning bells going off around the DOW's record top...

Indicators have a habit of crying wolf during the last stage of a bull market cycles thereby making investors believe the indicators are useless and proceed to start ignoring them and the whole discipline in general....It teaches investors bad habits together with complacency of piling $$$ in at the top with a sense that the market will never fall for any length of time..how many times now have we heard lately.. "I don't care if the price is dropping I'm buying now for the long term"

....anyway..... when a true correction (or worse) begins to happen the indicators will always fire warning signals..so as tedious as it is we should always be careful and alert..cry wolf or not.

On the chart is Martin Prings Special K indicator...this indicator helps detect (primary) trend changes..and can sometimes fire early (predictor)....as with the rest of the indicators it too can cry wolf...

The busted Head and Shoulder pattern creates some uncertainty..it can bust back and keep rising to its TA target (17950) or it can fall...If it breaks the short term support and MA50 area (16950) then expect the DOW to fall to the head price 16350 area (Bull Bear line) and yes perhaps breaking the MA200 too

Last edited by Hoop; 24-09-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Guru

Default Updated Chart 2 weeks after the pattern busted

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Hmmm...Some TA warning bells going off around the DOW's record top...

Indicators have a habit of crying wolf during the last stage of a bull market cycles thereby making investors believe the indicators are useless and proceed to start ignoring them and the whole discipline in general....It teaches investors bad habits together with complacency of piling $$$ in at the top with a sense that the market will never fall for any length of time..how many times now have we heard lately.. "I don't care if the price is dropping I'm buying now for the long term"

....anyway..... when a true correction (or worse) begins to happen the indicators will always fire warning signals..so as tedious as it is we should always be careful and alert..cry wolf or not.

On the chart is Martin Prings Special K indicator...this indicator helps detect (primary) trend changes..and can sometimes fire early (predictor)....as with the rest of the indicators it too can cry wolf...

The busted Head and Shoulder pattern creates some uncertainty..it can bust back and keep rising to its TA target (17950) or it can fall...If it breaks the short term support and MA50 area (16950) then expect the DOW to fall to the head price 16350 area (Bull Bear line) and yes perhaps breaking the MA200 too..............
    Update as of the 10th October..
    It didn't bust back, instead it failed to regain that short term support and on Thursday the DOW capitulated and Friday it broke the MA200 and on its way as expected to reach the 16350 head price support area

Last edited by Hoop; 11-10-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Man, it's not looking too good is it hoop? sighsss

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by baller18 View Post
    Man, it's not looking too good is it hoop? sighsss
    In the short and possibly the short/medium term its ugly...and for those who haven't yet suffered a bull market correction of over 10%, I can tell you they do hurt and make you all paranoid...The is why I give out correction warnings on the S&P 500 thread..

Is it the end of theWall St Bull Market Cycle?...No not yet.... it is to early to tell where the market is headed...Looking at the long term chart this recent correcting fall is only a microscopic blip in the grand scheme of things...so to the "buyers and holders" there's no worries yet.

Going on history there has to be a decent Standard Deviation Line break..something less than 15300 within the next week or two..If the correction dropped below 14200 that would be a real worry..

On the positive side Karlos said I mentioned 20000 was possible a couple of years ago...It doesn't look very far away now does it....Xmas 2015 if the DOW stays in its SD channel ( assumes the continuation of the present Bull market cycle )

Last edited by Hoop; 12-10-2014 at 11:00 AM.

There are two schools of thoughts on DOW and other indexes. Eg:

http://www1.realclearmarkets.com/201...15_160941.html

Prof. Siegel: Expect a Big Stock Market Correction in 2015

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102306448#.

Dow could hit 21,500 in 2015, strategist says

Most probably we may see strong correction or beginning of bear market in 2015.

DYOR.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 05-01-2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: To adjust a sentence.

hi anyone can tell me..if we can open broker trading account in nz