sharetrader
Page 78 of 107 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    You maybe right Hoop, I said something similar quite a while ago with the strong USD going to hurt earnings & that's what we are now starting to see.
    I don't see a massive collapse though, but maybe a revisit of 17,000 where its bounced of a few times a while back.
    Yeah...who knows ..we are all conditioned by the media to expect big collapses when the bear roams around Wall St...We all conditioned to think up or down but it could be the 3rd scenario.. a few years of the market going nowhere or crabbing sideways or slightly downward and boring the hell out of everybody in the process...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yeah...who knows ..we are all conditioned by the media to expect big collapses when the bear roams around Wall St...We all conditioned to think up or down but it could be the 3rd scenario.. a few years of the market going nowhere or crabbing sideways or slightly downward and boring the hell out of everybody in the process...
    That is exactly what I see happening too. The market crabbing sideways for a few years to come ranging between 16k and 19k and generally not doing a hell of a lot. But in essence that is a bear market as you are still losing money (opportunity cost and all).

IMO

Thanks Hoop. Im feeling/thinking the same crabwse dance but i am fatigued a little after years of correction talk noise and prob blasé as well right now.Time to straighten up and "fly right' cheers JT

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks Hoop. Im feeling/thinking the same crabwse dance but i am fatigued a little after years of correction talk noise and prob blasé as well right now.Time to straighten up and "fly right' cheers JT
    I know the feeling...It's been a very unusual feeling for this bull market cycle... I've never ever been totally confident..always had a feeling at the back of my mind that the next day I could awake to see a -5% daily dip....I think we all know that this Wall St Bull has been drip FED .. (pun sorry)

I've heard many say it has been a hated bull...Sort of makes you wonder what we all going to feel with the next bear

Now that's a pretty good bounce. Commodities bounced strongly as well, China stocks soared.
    Interesting. Shorting opportunities?
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Now that's a pretty good bounce. Commodities bounced strongly as well, China stocks soared.
    Interesting. Shorting opportunities?
    Hmmmm...maybe...a nice bounce up off the hammer today...shorting opportunities?.. there's resistance at 17600 but it looks weak as it been broken twice in the last 5 weeks.... 17800 catches my eye ..lots of resistance noise here with the MA's adding to the mix.

My suspicions are that the DOW could be a Bear...so the bear confirmation would be for it to fail to go higher than ~18100 in this phase

Yeah I was looking for 17,750ish, but she dropped pretty much from the close last night b& now back below 17,500.
    Patience I think.
    Apple is such a big player in this.
    If they produce a better than expected result then its probably game on.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

Yeah I was looking for 17,750ish, but she dropped pretty much from the close last night b& now back below 17,500.
    Patience I think.
    Didn't they report 21 July ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Didn't they report 21 July ?
    Yep ..Market wasn't overly impressed either...fell down about 15% before recovering...still about 11% down...Part of the reason why the DOW looks less healthy than S&P500

Patience I think.
    Pre market looking sad...perhaps you might be right about that 17600 mark

Interesting article from Brett Arends from MarketWatch where he states...What if the bull market in stocks just ended — and nobody noticed?

I noticed

Sorry I meant through the year. Their dollar revenue growth I thought was impressive, but in percentage terms it didn't meet market expectations.
    I am always amased that the market doesn't factor in basic math, as numbers get bigger its likely percentage growth will fall.
    I used to argue that with China's growth. The fact is the numbers are still much, much bigger, but in percentage terms it looks worse.
    Speaking of China, the wobbles they have recently had I think played more into the pull back in Apple than anything else.