sharetrader
Page 80 of 107 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow

Guru

All this drama will test the theories (including Mine)
    Another Bear market cycle confirmation for me comes from the candle stick discipline...
    Strictly speaking the last candlestick which has a long tail (panic selling at opening) may disallow the sequence to be called 3 black crows..

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Three black crows is a term used by stock market analysts to describe a market downturn. It appears on a candlestick chart in the financial markets. It unfolds across three trading sessions, and consists of three long candlesticks that trend downward like a staircase. Each candle should open below the previous day's open, ideally in the middle price range of that previous day. Each candlestick should also close progressively downward to establish a new near-term low. The pattern indicates a strong price reversal from a bull market to a bear market.[1]
    The three black crows help to confirm that a bull market has ended and market sentiment has turned negative. In Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, technical analyst Steve Nison says "The three black crows would likely be useful for longer-term traders."[2]

Bulkowski says 3 identical crows..the longer the tail on the third crow the more reliable the reversal

A dead cat bounce waiting to happen??????

Last edited by Hoop; 25-08-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Anecdotally, I have it on dubious authority that the "Three Black Crows" when followed by the "dead cat bounce" is renamed to "Three Blind Mice". Such a cool looking chart however and I'm feeling that the cat may be faking it..looking for a reversal. The crows, cat and mice will all be looking for fresh bargain priced meat.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

DOW should rebound strongly sooner than later.Current situation has created another great opportunity. NASDAQ will be another place to watch.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    DOW should rebound strongly sooner than later.Current situation has created another great opportunity. NASDAQ will be another place to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Anecdotally, I have it on dubious authority that the "Three Black Crows" when followed by the "dead cat bounce" is renamed to "Three Blind Mice". Such a cool looking chart however and I'm feeling that the cat may be faking it..looking for a reversal. The crows, cat and mice will all be looking for fresh bargain priced meat.
    Yep..reversal..Looks like bargain meat has been sold or bought....Tomorrows meat maybe 4% dearer...Mr Market has gone totally mental
    Last edited by Hoop; 25-08-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yep..reversal..Looks like bargain meat has been sold or bought....Tomorrows meat maybe 4% dearer...Mr Market has gone totally mental
    China Cut interest rates again ...market rallying ...mmmm think the rate cut probably points to bigger problems , time will tell .

IMO

Instincts told me to sell more stocks into the rally yest (especially in aus). Dow falls away 200 points on the close just now.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Instincts told me to sell more stocks into the rally yest (especially in aus). Dow falls away 200 points on the close just now.
    The market is speeding fast ...eh ..dead cat bounce followed by another smaller black crow with a long tail flying in to join his mates on the perch...I guess when the VIX touches 53 as it did two days ago you would have to assume huge volatility will occur in days to come...so I suppose we have to expect Mr Market to have more mental moments...

VIX closed at 38 ...

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    If you were watching the US indices at close, on Monday they fell 1% in the last 2 trading minutes. This time it fell in the last hour. Selling into close is usually the professionals getting out (well, whatever they hadnt already managed to offload at higher prices). Buying on open is the retail muppets.

One of the reasons all the Wall St banks have put out client notices telling everyone to buy the dip, is so they can offload their prop trading positions to the muppets. They desperately need retail to stand in the market on the buy side. Ditto the hedge funds. Just wait until they have finished selling, and the retail investors wake up to what they have done, panic, and then offload their holdings. That my friends, is when the bottom will be in

Then America creates more debt currency to prop up the banks and other institutions which did get caught out, lots of cheap credit goes floating around, golden handshakes, performance bonuses paid out, used to snap up cheap overseas interests , oh I dont, know, like New Zealand dairy farms, orchards or other strategic listed assests while New Zealand's dollar trades somewhere between 68 - 50 to the USD. And that is how we all get played.

IMO

20 min to go and DOW holding 500 points up at pit.

Later .Now 620 points and no sign of mass sells building
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 27-08-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Janet was never going tallow a disaster to happen this year. They told her to make sure of hat.

So today she got Mr Dudley to signal no cuts ....well played Janet, you doing well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”