sharetrader
Page 92 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    This potential Honeywell merger isn't helping my DOW short!
    You should be happier today Daytr....
    DOW squeezed passed the strengthening 16500 resistance yesterday (giving the investor bulls some hope) only to fail at the next resistance today, the MA50 line at 16600...

Failing at significant resistances is a typical bear market rally signature therefore adding another confirmation that the DOW is operating in a bear tide.

DOW currently at 16420 -199 -1.21%
    Last edited by Hoop; 24-02-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Yeah I did pretty well, shorted DOW, Oil & long gold a few days back. Got out a little early but still did very well.
    I was/am very wary being short growth with the G20 looming.
    Expecting to see a rally prior G20 that gets disappointed post.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Well we have seen the G20 rally and it looks like its already starting to fade.
    Used the outside break to re-short Brent & the DOW.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Suddenly, DOW 17,000 is in sight. It is going to be very interesting month next month. Oil should average around $35/38 in 2016/17. Oil cannot stay below $28 for a long period.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 27-02-2016 at 01:42 PM.

I think we now see the DOW pushed back down post G20. No real traction from the meeting and more talk around risk of a Brexit.

It is going to take 10 years to extricate itself from the EU. Brexit has both positive and negative implications. Overall, it won’t make big difference. UK might build new economic alliances with other regions as well which include the USA, New Zealand, South Korea and Australia.

It doesn't really matter what you or I think, its the market perception that counts & the perception is a Brexit would have massive implications for the UK, Europe and global growth .

Wow big risk on night! Funny gold was surging prior, and then growth assets took off. I had some small shorts in place that got knocked out, only to be reset closer to the highs. I'm not a believer in this rally, but I respect it. If oil is allowed to go higher still then we will see a continuation of the rally.
    I suggest this is a sucker rally and things will turn rather quickly to the negative again. But perhaps I'm the sucker.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Wow big risk on night! Funny gold was surging prior, and then growth assets took off. I had some small shorts in place that got knocked out, only to be reset closer to the highs. I'm not a believer in this rally, but I respect it. If oil is allowed to go higher still then we will see a continuation of the rally.
    I suggest this is a sucker rally and things will turn rather quickly to the negative again. But perhaps I'm the sucker.
    No No you are not the sucker..
    You use the strategy given to you by the market (you play the cards that Mr Market deals to you)...When in a bear market cycle, you use bear market strategies when in bull market cycle you use Bull Market strategies..

The most common and very efficient Bull Market Strategy is the simple Buy and Hold method..Because a Bull market lasts a long time (av4years) most use Long Term Buy and Hold Strategy.

Bear Market Strategies are not simple some are complex and require Education and skills..

The DOW is not yet officially in a Bear Market Cycle..Some of Us ( I included) think this bear tide is stage 1 Bear Market Cycle Phase which has been abnormally long..that length of time is disconcerting..which makes some wonder if the market weakness is due to a sleeping bull...Alternating strategies on the emotional highs and lows of the Market tends an investor to create mistiming problems, causes doubt, a loss of confidence, self blame..

Bulls are back. If everything goes well Dow could pass 18,000 and 19,000 and could expect some of the active months in April and May in stock markets globally. Coming months are very crucial.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/04/dow-jones-17000-2/

Dow Climbs Back Above 17,000