sharetrader
Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    BaaBaa quote..."Who would know from a fundamental perspective? That has been screwed for many years, decades even, with economic theories all going to hell...."

To bring the DOW into total perspective forget the economy and all the BS, smoke screens, and mirrors.... Investors have been discussing/arguing that for decades if not for centuries.......Think simple, think secular.

Back in 2006 the question was asked "Where do you think we're headed? The author had a good idea the DOW was entering two decades of slow share price growth...At the time the US economy was entering a boom..With that hindsight 10 years later we know the author was right..

OK..next question...Lets ask the same one now.."Where do you think we're headed?

So only 10 yrs before the next boom Hoop.Time to accumulate

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    So only 10 yrs before the next boom Hoop.Time to accumulate
    I'll wait until after the dip....patience ..(thats if I live long enough)...but if you look at our children/Grandchildren's future...their future may lie on stocks as ours were in property..eh?
    Last edited by Hoop; 30-07-2016 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Nice chart, it says invest in the DOW anytime you like and in less than 25 years you'll be doing fine (on a historical basis) but in 100 years from now you'll be in clover. But I'll be pushing up daisies well before the 100 year windfall, maybe even before the 25 year. Sigh.

Interesting interpretation though that a bull market only begins when the highs of the previous bull market are exceeded. Basically it just says buy and wait. And hope you live long enough.

It says be a stock picker during secular bear periods and hold while rising and sell when they start trending down. Capital preservation is key during periods when overall medium/long term market returns are expected to be low.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I can’t agree more. Dow and global stocks should stay in the bullish territory in the second half of this year as well. As I said before, still I didn't become a bear.
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Every chance of the Dow hitting some crazy numbers this year. Large tech stocks are powering ahead Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Alphabet & Facebook - some impressive results over the past few days. New highs for Amazon, Alphabet and Facebook. Was sweating a little on Amazon's numbers (you never know how spectacular the result will be) ... but very happy with the end result and nice gain after some shorters bailed in extended trading.

Even non tech stocks like J & J, Honeywell etc doing well and other super powered conglomerates

Financials and retailers (in general other than online like Amazon) will be the biggest drag on the DOW and this really because the margins are so low

and Im not a bear on the Dow

Bear

Guru

I'll wait until after the dip....patience ..(thats if I live long enough)...but if you look at our children/Grandchildren's future...their future may lie on stocks as ours were in property..eh?
    I haven't really focused on property. I'm more focused on stocks and have been for 30+ yrs.Far easier on time requirements,valuations and liquidity.
    Dabbled in property but its just a PIB
    Last edited by kiora; 30-07-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Every chance of the Dow hitting some crazy numbers this year..........
    Bear
    After the Brexit dip a rosy record breaking rally occurred..Reported earnings has dampened the euphoria a bit.

Some media are starting to bang the bear drums again....then along comes this interesting chart pattern..a possible continuation pattern...if the breakout is upward then we may see 20,000 in quick time...

Who cares what the fundamentals says when you have Janet and maybe Mr Trump at the helm..eh?...

Last edited by Hoop; 05-08-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Guru

Update...Today saw all 3 Wall St indices breakout to another record high
    DOW chart below

Membaa

Update...Today saw all 3 Wall St indices breakout to another record high
    DOW chart below
    Astounding, but the TA did suggest it. Colin Twiggs noted the breakout potential a few days ago as well, and look where it is now. Clearly peace and prosperity have broken out in the world, all is good. Ride the wave.

Still DOW is unstoppable. My only worrying part is we don’t see rich valuation in some stocks. It is going to be one of the longest rally. It is possible to touch 19,000. However, it can touch even 20,000 according to the following link. Only time will tell us the true story.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...ast-2016-08-10

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Astounding, but the TA did suggest it. Colin Twiggs noted the breakout potential a few days ago as well, and look where it is now. Clearly peace and prosperity have broken out in the world, all is good. Ride the wave.
    They will ensure the 'wave' keeps going at least until Hilary is elected - she is the symbolic face of a 'recovering economy' (measured by dodgy job numbers and never-ending adjustments to quarterly GDP numbers) which ensure the money go round keeps going round

But one day .......
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”