sharetrader
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Bermuda, I tried to send you a PM today re Blue, but your mailbox is full....

Anyway, kind of what I had expected to hear, although an 8 month extension is quite some time. Pleased to see it didn't get smashed down too much, and there seems to be a bit of buying support at 13.5. Although with the DOW futures pointing to another smashing there tonight, tomorrow could be another grim day.

Advanced Member

Matty,
    Just got back from a cruise around Onassis's private island. Far out. The Dow will continue to get smashed. I have been reading so many books about the demise of the USA. They have had it too good for too long at $5-$20 per barrel. Oil at $70 is killing them especially when you are importing 2 thirds. What we need is low cost CSG. They are hoping shale gas can get them out of the hole they are in but the EPA has now stepped in.

Blue have the acreage and one day it will get proved up and put into production. But these things sure take time. But we are talking multiples.

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    Matty,
    Just got back from a cruise around Onassis's private island. Far out. The Dow will continue to get smashed. I have been reading so many books about the demise of the USA. They have had it too good for too long at $5-$20 per barrel. Oil at $70 is killing them especially when you are importing 2 thirds. What we need is low cost CSG. They are hoping shale gas can get them out of the hole they are in but the EPA has now stepped in.

Blue have the acreage and one day it will get proved up and put into production. But these things sure take time. But we are talking multiples.
    Bermuda, you said you were reading a good oily book? I can't find the orginal post. COuld you post the title again?

Thanks

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattyroo View Post
    Although with the DOW futures pointing to another smashing there tonight, tomorrow could be another grim day.
    Just shows how wrong the futures players can get it, doesn't it!

special needs

anyone been watching bul for re-entry? colin, are we ovrsold yet?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    Bermuda, you said you were reading a good oily book? I can't find the orginal post. COuld you post the title again?

Thanks
    Sorry Corporate,
    The Squeeze by Tom Bower. Very very detrimental about BP's safety attitude. Lord Browne " More for Less"

Quote Originally Posted by evilroyrule View Post
    anyone been watching bul for re-entry? colin, are we ovrsold yet?
    Hi Roy.
    I am and if you are referring to RSI the answer to your question is not yet. That said the RSI is only one indicator and alone isnt a buy signal. Oversold doesnt mean buy either. A stock can become oversold ( a TA term ) for good reason and can stay that way for a good length of time.

keep your eye on which side of 12c it ends up at over the next few days. My guess is it will go lower
    Last edited by STRAT; 27-08-2010 at 08:50 AM.

special needs

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Hi Roy.
    I am and if you are referring to RSI the answer to your question is not yet. That said the RSI is only one indicator and alone isnt a buy signal. Oversold doesnt mean buy either. A stock can become oversold ( a TA term ) for good reason and can stay that way for a good length of time.

keep your eye on which side of 12c it ends up at over the next few days
    thanks strat. i have been terrible this year. ive averaged all the way down on cfe, stx, sold cxs at a bumper loss. still all good clean fun. hope the markets have been treating you a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by evilroyrule View Post
    thanks strat. i have been terrible this year. ive averaged all the way down on cfe, stx, sold cxs at a bumper loss. still all good clean fun. hope the markets have been treating you a little better.
    Ive been on the side lines for a while now Roy. Mostly got out as indicated on the last chart I posted on the All Ords thread. Im lookin for re entry on many stocks but I cant see any yet. Have held CUE all the way through but entry price always has a bearing on how I approach a trade and whether I let it ride or not.

Regarding re entry into BUL.
    A cent or two can make a huge difference to the bottom line at these prices. Also better to pay 14c on the way back up than 12c on the way down I reckon. Who knows? Next week that might read "better to pay 10c on the way back up than 8c on the way down"
    Last edited by STRAT; 27-08-2010 at 09:30 AM.

special needs

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Ive been on the side lines for a while now Roy.Mostly got out as indicated on the last chart I posted on the All Ords thread. Im lookin for re entry on many stocks but I cant see any yet. Have held CUE all the way through but entry price always has a bearing on how I approach a trade and whether I let it ride or not.

Regarding re entry into BUL.
    A cent or two can make a huge difference to the bottom line at these prices. Also better to pay 14c on the way back up than 12c on the way down I reckon. Who knows? Next week that might read "better to pay 10c on the way back up than 8c on the way down"
    at least we finally have spring racing to cheer me up. no more winter hacks taking the spoils.