sharetrader
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

The resurrection of this stock continues. Up 16% today on 9ml changing hands. Bermuda and Ron will be pleased. Seems to be plenty of speculation that BUL has excellent prospects for conventional oil as well as their CSG tenements. Refer to recent presentation.

Not sure if many holders in NZ but just to keep all informed many developments lately inc. farm-in to vast NT oil tenement and 20% farm out of Marburg 1(oil). Drilling due to start on Marburg within few days. SP 10c close yesterday with seemingly plenty of interest today. Looking good.

ANZ exit BUL -10% stake - 114m shares in single trade. Buyer emerges JEF director just under 5% stake with remainder not disclosed. No price action on stock since disclosure but surely something is up.

Nat Gas has a huge future IMHO ....BUL gets a contract and pipeline which is looking very probable .... the valued added will be very impressive
    to the SP
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Default Got to love this picture ...BUL holders

161024022304.png

Good size pullback from the sellers today .....buyers going have to set-up to 3.2c >>
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Pop goes the weasel 2.9c to 3.2c nice move today

Speeding ticket ...hit 3.8c thought about selling at 3.7c ....

chairman letter to S/Hs
    http://blueenergy.com.au/files/media..._letter_v1.pdf

The big news is that everyone now understands that Eastern Australia needs more gas, and Blue Energy
    has nearly 4,000 PJ of un-contracted gas resource to sell.
    In the twelve-month period since our last AGM letter to you, there has been a slight recovery in the
    international oil price. However, the reality is that this period has also seen the low point in the price
    cycle (US$26.05/bbl on 11th February 2016) and the industry is still responding to the prolonged
    downturn by continuing to cut costs. Globally, companies are still shedding staff, and not undertaking
    discretionary expenditure on exploration activities. However, the “shrink to grow” strategy seldom
    works. Most companies are also not taking the opportunity to install new systems and technology to
    improve efficiency and productivity. Domestically, there have been large tracts of acreage surrendered
    by companies to reduce exposure, which in turn delays the exploration process as governments then
    need to turn over the acreage and re-gazette the acreage, resulting in more delays in discoveries. With
    the oil and gas Service Company sector in Australia largely decimated, Government red and green tape,
    approval delays and access to land further adding to the time it takes to get on with even the most basic
    of exploration, the time from gazettal to production continues to balloon. That is, don’t expect to be
    able to find new gas resources and produce molecules when they are needed.
    A further irony in a gas short market is that domestic gas prices continue to increase, as the Curtis Island
    LNG plants take more gas from outside their Joint Venture tenements (known as ”third party gas”), yet
    Capital Markets are seemingly still substantially closed to explorers who need to fund activity for the
    discovery and development of new gas resources to bring to a higher priced market. The volatility and
    uncertainty of the global oil market has impacted on investors supporting the domestic gas explorers
    and future producers in what has become a very attractive price environment for upstream Operators.
    Blue has continued throughout the year to closely monitor its costs and steward its cash reserves. The
    Company continues to be mindful of managing non-discretionary exploration program and expenditure.
    The changing political landscape, where some State governments think that it’s appropriate to limit gas
    exploration at a time of real gas shortage and state wide power blackouts, shows the growing
    disconnect between those who would seek to access and deploy risked capital to discover and develop
    new gas sources (the explorers) and those who rely on those resources to keep the State’s lights on and
    their manufacturing sector strong and profitable (the politicians, who have empowered the fossil fuel
    opponents).

So you a trader not a holder?

This one has been a sleeper; the Rip Van Winkle of stocks you might say and it's finally coming out of it's slumber.
    Blue always did have great acreage but it missed out on the csg boom when companies were getting taken over about eight years ago.
    Somebody is going to make money, probably J. Ellis Flint the CEO who just picked up 5% of the company.
    He must think he can do a deal to supply gasl and make a tidy profit.
    .Not one for the conservative investor.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    So you a trader not a holder?
    I'm a sharetrader(paying TAX) but that doesn't mean I don't want to hold longer term and see more upside .
    ..like today I should have gone with my gut and sold at 3.7c to buy in again lower later in the day ..

many companies I've had interests in over the years like ROC I bought and sold many times over the years I held it ..

Of course the risk is the SP doesn't pullback and I miss out on a huge spike higher but that's the risk I take(best to only sell a half position) ....sometimes I can increase my holding by quite a margin from day to swing trading over a period of time thats to selling higher than the buy back...

had I sold at 3.7c I would have taken just under 4k in profit not bad for 12 days (using 10.6k in capital)
    Last edited by JBmurc; 25-10-2016 at 08:33 PM.