sharetrader
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

What are people's thoughts on the SPP's effect on the price? I've never taken part in one before, but have been keeping an eye on the depth and there's been many many minimum sized parcels going through, which I assume is people buying to qualify. It's obviously going to be dilutive, and there's a risk of a selloff once the shares are issued... I guess it depends on how things are looking on June 8th when they do :S

Also, a bit of a newbie question: how do you actually go about paying for the shares in a SPP? I assume it has to be in AUD, so I can't just send a cheque in NZD as there's no way to get the price exactly right...

Disc: hold a few to qualify for BUL's SPP!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ketel One View Post
    What are people's thoughts on the SPP's effect on the price? I've never taken part in one before, but have been keeping an eye on the depth and there's been many many minimum sized parcels going through, which I assume is people buying to qualify. It's obviously going to be dilutive, and there's a risk of a selloff once the shares are issued... I guess it depends on how things are looking on June 8th when they do :S

Also, a bit of a newbie question: how do you actually go about paying for the shares in a SPP? I assume it has to be in AUD, so I can't just send a cheque in NZD as there's no way to get the price exactly right...

Disc: hold a few to qualify for BUL's SPP!
    Ketel,
    Deatails of your allotment will be sent to you. ( I think it has yet to be decided ) You will need to draw an $A cheque and post in plenty of time.

Ketel One If you are using Direct Broking with a Macquarie account you should be able to pay for them Electronically through B/Pay
    Last edited by POSSUM THE CAT; 11-05-2009 at 04:19 PM. Reason: correct typing error
    Possum The Cat

What are people who are with ASB securities doing?

Oh and simple question, but what is the minnimum purchase amount on the ASX?
    Last edited by Ish; 11-05-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ish View Post

For my sins I use ASB securities (because I am too lazy to change to Direct - curse myself from time to time). If you have a $AU Foreign Currency account with ASB with funds in it, they will do a bank draft from that Account for $22. All you need to organise it is call them and they will post out the cheque to you. If you want to reduce your risk you could sell some of your existing BUL share to fund the purchase. You will be eligible for the SPP now based on holding shares on any day from the 4th of May through to the 18th.

In terms of minimum purchase amount - I don't believe the details of the SPP are out yet (although they were meant to post them on Thursday). The maximum is AU$15k or AU$5k depending on whether Blue get necessary waivers from ASX - presumably regarding % of new capital raised from this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ish View Post

The minimum 'marketable parcel' currently defined as $500.

After some thought I think I'll be buying some BUL today and going for the full parcel (a 20% discount to sp is decent, and I don't think the dilution effect will wash that all away).... Just hope the waiver's come through...

I think I'll take it up too, subject to finance

I dont want to sell any of my VPE or IRN so will have to come up with the cash from other means

The trade history today is a laugh a minute... $500 parcels of shares just flying through non-stop

Is there an application form yet? Couldn't find one in the announcements or on their website

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    The trade history today is a laugh a minute... $500 parcels of shares just flying through non-stop

Is there an application form yet? Couldn't find one in the announcements or on their website
    Hi Trackers,
    I suppose the astute could walk down the street and sign up as many people as you could to get them on the register. And then take a share of their 20% discount. Better than Amway.

Bought my 2100 shares today