sharetrader

View Poll Results: Which date suits you the best for the August meeting?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • August 16th

    1 10.00%
  • August 30th

    9 90.00%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 117
  1. #1
    Legend shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    6,724

    Default Wellington Share Traders Meeting - August 30

    With the Southern Bretheren having already set there next date for August 23rd, it's time to sort out our next catch up...

    I may look to try a different venue from the Mac's Brewery, depending on "confirmed" numbers, so please post your preference on the poll as early as possible, as well as your confirmation on this thread.

    Any suggestions, improvements, ideas please PM me...

    Lizard has come up with a great idea for later in the year, but i will leave that for the meeting to discuss...

    Would be good to see all the regulars, & a few new faces from both Wellington, & around the country!

    Am still looking to hold these on a Saturday afternoon to allow those from out of the Nations Capital to attend...

    Please keep an eye on this thread for more details!
    Last edited by shasta; 14-08-2008 at 05:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    With the Southern Bretheren having already set there next date for August 23rd, it's time to sort out our next catch up...

    I may look to try a different venue from the Mac's Brewery, depending on "confirmed" numbers, so please post your preference on the poll as early as possible, as well as your confirmation on this thread.

    Any suggestions, improvements, ideas please PM me...

    Lizard has come up with a great idea for later in the year, but i will leave that for the meeting to discuss...

    Would be good to see all the regulars, & a few new faces from both Wellington, & around the country!

    Am still looking to hold these on a Saturday afternoon to allow those from out of the Nations Capital to attend...

    Please keep an eye on this thread for more details!
    Shasta

    Count me in ...... either date at this stage.

    As you suggest it might be time to for a change of venue and I am thinking the same for the Auckland meet next month.

    Christchurch made changes and we all know the results... a huge success.

    Oiler

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,830

    Default

    Lizard has come up with a great idea for later in the year
    Go on go on... we're listening...
    spit it out...
    Oiler and I are dying to hear...

    .^sc

  4. #4
    Legend shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Go on go on... we're listening...
    spit it out...
    Oiler and I are dying to hear...

    .^sc
    Since Wellington had the inaugural meeting to start off, its only fitting we become the most "progressive" event...

    You will have plenty of time to join in when the time comes...

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,830

    Default

    Shasta,
    With only 3 polled votes... You, Liz, and Oilman, will have plenty of time to sit around and talk about it...

    Come on Wellington people... start voting and turning up....

    This is looking rather embarrassing...

    We dont poll meetings, our turnout numbers are confidential...

    .^sc

  6. #6
    Legend shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Shasta,
    With only 3 polled votes... You, Liz, and Oilman, will have plenty of time to sit around and talk about it...

    Come on Wellington people... start voting and turning up....

    This is looking rather embarrassing...

    We dont poll meetings, our turnout numbers are confidential...

    .^sc
    Most of the Wellington members aren't as prolific at posting as others, SC.

    I'll name & shame a few closer to the meeting though...

  7. #7
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,431

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Most of the Wellington members aren't as prolific at posting as others, SC.

    I'll name & shame a few closer to the meeting though...
    All hiding in the cupboard i presume being a bunch of govt employees. The real people all reside north of the bombay hills where the sun shines most of the time. I think you will find that as the market downtrends people tend to lose interest. The average Wellington investor has lost 25% of their capital in the market this year with the real dummies averaging down into a worsening position. Being of sound mind the Macdunks doubled their money the previous year, then rushed out the door seeking safer pastures. I expect even in Auckland we might nave trouble increasing the numbers now that the market is about to crash. Macdunk

  8. #8
    Senior Member Serpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    I expect even in Auckland we might nave trouble increasing the numbers now that the market is about to crash. Macdunk
    If the market is about to crash then surely everyone should be getting very interested? That's when fortunes are made.
    But that's a discussion for another thread.

    So it's looking like Wellington meeting is on the 30th August judging by the poll results?

  9. #9
    Legend shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpie View Post
    If the market is about to crash then surely everyone should be getting very interested? That's when fortunes are made.
    But that's a discussion for another thread.

    So it's looking like Wellington meeting is on the 30th August judging by the poll results?
    Serpie

    I voted for the 30th, but either date is fine for me.

    By then we may be talking about all the "bargins" we picked up

  10. #10
    Legend shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    300+ views & hardly any posts...

    This weekend i will name & shame those i've written down as being located in the Nations Capital.

    All those that have attended before know the drill, & those who haven't we would love to see a few more faces behind the profiles...

    I might drag Vince along, kicking & screaming & all!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    paraparaumu, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    448

    Default I'd like to come

    but don't like driving far at night.

  12. #12
    Legend shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QOH View Post
    but don't like driving far at night.
    We usually have a Saturday 4pm kick off, & it doesn't go too late

    I haven't decided where yet, but will be near a main bus route (if you take the train in from Pram?).

    When i have an idea of numbers, i will source a suitable venue.

    The past meetings have been right next to the NZX Headquarters @ St Johns Heineken Hotel & the Mac's Brewery.

  13. #13
    Share Collector
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Shasta,
    With only 3 polled votes... You, Liz, and Oilman, will have plenty of time to sit
    Just the three of us? We'll be able to get out the Grange!

    Any chance of YOTT turning up for some gender balance?

  14. #14
    Legend shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Just the three of us? We'll be able to get out the Grange!

    Any chance of YOTT turning up for some gender balance?
    Gryffyn should be coming this time

  15. #15
    Share Collector
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Gryffyn should be coming this time
    I will believe that when I finally get to see it!!!

  16. #16
    Legend shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I will believe that when I finally get to see it!!!
    Off the football thread...

    Good work that man!

    I'll be back aiming for a hat-trick of titles

    Also, will hopefully have more time to talk serious football matters and make it to one of Shasta's events.

    Gryf

  17. #17
    Legend shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Off the football thread...

    Good work that man!

    I'll be back aiming for a hat-trick of titles

    Also, will hopefully have more time to talk serious football matters and make it to one of Shasta's events.

    Gryf
    The following is a list of those ST members "suspected" to be living in the Nations Capital.

    It would be nice to see a few new faces at the next meeting...

    Vince the young punk *
    Casa Del Energia
    Whiteheron *
    Mr Tommy
    Lakeys *
    GOTJ *
    Stephen *
    Mothership *
    Gryffyn *
    Toulouse- Lucern *
    Axion
    Lissica?
    Ptolemy
    Clearasmud
    Taijon
    Shephejame
    QOH
    Hiawatha
    Caesius *
    Baywatch *
    Mothman *
    Mosteph * (He may fly back especially, from Austria/Switzerland?)

    * Indicates have previously attended

    Apologies to anyone i maybe have omitted or incorrectly listed.

    At this point we may have more out of towners than locals

    It's looking like the 30th August will be the date, venue to be advised.

  18. #18
    Veteran novice
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    7,418

    Default

    Hi shasta
    I won't vote, but if it's the 30th I'll try to crawl down off the mountain and make it downtown.


  19. #19
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Christchurch, , .
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Hi shasta
    I won't vote, but if it's the 30th I'll try to crawl down off the mountain and make it downtown.

    Shasta,
    I cant promise anything but I would like to come up and meet you and your fellow Sharetraders. Be good if you and any others could make it to CHCH on the 23rd.

    Cheers

  20. #20
    Legend shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    Shasta,
    I cant promise anything but I would like to come up and meet you and your fellow Sharetraders. Be good if you and any others could make it to CHCH on the 23rd.

    Cheers
    I cant make any promises, but will try & come down to Chch if not for this meeting, perhaps the next one?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •