sharetrader

View Poll Results: Which date suits you the best for the August meeting?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • August 16th

1 10.00%
  • August 30th

9 90.00%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lakeys View Post
    Yeah, a few new faces and few good yarns and ale's, as well as a great venue. It even had a flash LSD in the toilets! I forgot to ask Liz if the ladies room had such luxuries.
    Great effort from Oiler to commute so far again.
    Heard a rumour that Shrewd's organising a surprise guest to the next ChCh meeting from the other channel, by the name of K... B... can someone confirm?

Have had some computer problems, but thanks to those who made it out to the Montieths Bar (Joey, very nice views of the harbour, pity you missed it!)

Nice to see some new faces to...

I have some idea's for the next meeting, & have a few venues in mind

Will post these in due course

Default Thanks Shasta

for organising the get together. I enjoyed it, and it was nice to put some faces to names.

Default When is next meeting?

Just joined up and curious what happens at Wellington meetings and when is next one scheduled.

Share Collector

Hi Birmanboy,

Wellington meetings have just been the odd meet-up in a local bar. Anyone is free to organise, but mostly it has been Shasta who has made the effort. Numbers died off a bit after a few meetings, so hasn't been much incentive to run them - although we did have a good one a year ago when the Christchurch team decided to give it a kick by booking flights up.

If there is enough interest, we can organise another one - I haven't been to Foxglove yet, but heading through the wardrobe to the Cocktail and Champagne Bar might be an option.

I feel you would love the Foxglove Liz

Had a fantastic long lunch there a month or so ago .... and the chocolate pud was divine ... best i ever had anywhere

Gives Shed 5 a decent run for their money and a step above Dockside

Didn't get to go through the wardrobe door to Foxtails

And best of they had Little Creatures Pale Ale .... a signof true class

Share Collector

Well, if you promise to come, Winner, I'll start organising!

Thanks Senor Lizard, being a non-drinker and non smoker tends to make me avoid watering holes...fuddy duddy indeed. I though perhaps it might be a little more formalized with everyone sitting in a tight circle clutching cups of tea in a sideroom at the library...True I dont get out much. I might be out of my age demographic perhaps. Is there a sub-section in wellington area for old farts who need comfy seats and dont drive Beamers? :-) (see I dont know how to use emoticons yet either)..new to this whole scene so all a bit unsure. Appreciate your response its nice of you.

Share Collector

Hi Birmanboy,

We are all subsections here - turns out ShareTraders come in a few different types and all sorts of ages.

I had thought about trying to organise something more serious, possibly looking for a few "old-hand" STer's volunteering to tell their story as an investor/trader, but not sure if it would find many takers - either as listeners or talkers. Also, comfortable venues get tricky to find away from watering holes.

Hi Lizard, yes point taken about all types. I'm probably bit nervous about displaying my greenness to all and sundry. I would be interested in being a listener ...my goals are more geared to not losing what I have so listening to old hands whether they be old or not is of use. I see a gap in the market for people as they retire who are a bit loath to trust "financial advisors" and would like to develop some skills in managing their money more northerly of a 4.5% bank term deposit. So definitely interested in forming either a group of like minded individuals or tagging on to existing org if there is room/resiliance for conservative but competitive investor. I guess the first port of call is to see if there are people who have an interest in being "listeners or talkers" as you say. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Hi Birmanboy,

We are all subsections here - turns out ShareTraders come in a few different types and all sorts of ages.
    Hi Liz and Birmanboy.

Haha and our newish member Birmanboy is a great example. A non drinking AND non smoking Share Trader. I never knew such a fellow existed.

Hey Liz.Im in Wellywood this weekend. Want me to set fire to the sign?