sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Smile JATalert ..... astrostuff update ... :)

Hi folks,

JAT ... has been ticking up nicely, since the gap-up,
    on 2008 June solstice ... but, no mention here ... !~!

... and looking ahead, we anticipate some further
    positive cycles for this month, as well:

14-15072008 ... positive spotlight on JAT ...

22-23072008 ... positive news expected here

31072008 ... minor and positive (intraday) cycle

Hopefully, JAT will have enough legs to stay close to the top,
    in the current ASF tipping contest, too ... !~!

More later.

have a great day

paul

=====
    Disclaimer: yogi makes no claim to be a licenced investment advisor.

Always consult your licenced advisor or other financial professional expert.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi-in-oz View Post

Hi folks,

JAT ... has been ticking up nicely, since the gap-up,
    on 2008 June solstice ... but, no mention here ... !~!

... and looking ahead, we anticipate some further
    positive cycles for this month, as well:

14-15072008 ... positive spotlight on JAT ...

22-23072008 ... positive news expected here

31072008 ... minor and positive (intraday) cycle

Hopefully, JAT will have enough legs to stay close to the top,
    in the current ASF tipping contest, too ... !~!

More later.

have a great day

paul

=====
    JAT - Boardroom Radio presentation

http://www.brr.com.au/event/64046/ja...-biofuel?log=1

This micro cap currently has more cash than it's market cap & it's an alternative energy company i really like.

There biofuel oil from the Jatropha seeds looks very promising, especially in tropical areas such as South East Asia.

On target to produce in 2010 after recently signing a binding agreement with PT Waterland International

Disc: Nil held

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    JAT - Boardroom Radio presentation

http://www.brr.com.au/event/64046/ja...-biofuel?log=1

This micro cap currently has more cash than it's market cap & it's an alternative energy company i really like.

There biofuel oil from the Jatropha seeds looks very promising, especially in tropical areas such as South East Asia.

On target to produce in 2010 after recently signing a binding agreement with PT Waterland International

JAT - Update

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=589816

About Jatoil
    Jatoil has a mission to develop a global business growing and producing renewable
    energy in a socially and environmentally sustainable manner. Its current focus is to
    develop
    jatropha curcas farming ventures to produce crude jatropha oil as a biofuel
    feedstock. Jatoil has invested in jatropha in Vietnam and Indonesia, and is investigating

other renewable energy opportunities in Asia.

JAT - Update

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=589816

About Jatoil
    Jatoil has a mission to develop a global business growing and producing renewable
    energy in a socially and environmentally sustainable manner. Its current focus is to
    develop
    jatropha curcas farming ventures to produce crude jatropha oil as a biofuel
    feedstock. Jatoil has invested in jatropha in Vietnam and Indonesia, and is investigating

other renewable energy opportunities in Asia.
    JAT - Quarterly Cashflow, shows cash on hand of $4.944m

Market Cap @ $0.029 = $3.3m

Negative EV!

Cash backing = $0.043 per share, & burn rate is quite low

Ok, it's a tiddler but has plenty of potential & production not too far away (refer ann re binding agreement with PT Waterland International)

JAT - Quarterly Cashflow, shows cash on hand of $4.944m

Market Cap @ $0.029 = $3.3m

Negative EV!

Cash backing = $0.043 per share, & burn rate is quite low

Ok, it's a tiddler but has plenty of potential & production not too far away (refer ann re binding agreement with PT Waterland International)

JAT - Boardroom Radio Interview (Increases interest in Vietnam Projects to 51%)

http://www.brr.com.au/event/65683/ja...aging-director

Release of securities from voluntary escrow

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=592317

JAT - Boardroom Radio Interview (Increases interest in Vietnam Projects to 51%)

http://www.brr.com.au/event/65683/ja...aging-director

Release of securities from voluntary escrow

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=592317
    JAT - Jatoil Qtr 4 Newsletter

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=593512

Great promotion of this micro cap alternative energy company, interesting update & background

Production noted as late 2010, so plenty of upside, & they have more cash than its market cap!

I’ve been having a closer look at JAT to get the good oil, so to speak. On the positive side they are planting different plants between rows of Jatropha to make use of the ground while the Jatropha is maturing. This should provide an interim revenue stream. Waste products from processing Jatropha seeds are also sellable or useable as a fuel source when the processing phase starts.

There seems to be building demand and general undersupply of Jatropha oil at the moment by looking at Alibaba.com. This is likely to be filled with the new large scale plantations or collectives appearing around the world. India has a huge Jatropha supply but most of that production seems to be for the heating and lighting market, not the fuel oil market. Toyota has a large plantation too in the Philippines I think.

Plantations are expanding rapidly, will JAT be quick enough and compete, stay a minnow or get swallowed by the big boys?

From a marketing perspective Jatropha oil will have a feel-good factor and gain market share. Will people prefer to fly on a plane powered by sustainable plants or dirty Florida polluting sludge? Personally, I go for price, so I’m no good as an indicator.

I see it can take four years for a plant to mature, but they can mature and seed faster in tropical zones like Asia, perhaps even seeding two times a year. Assuming a best case of 1000 plants per hectare and 2kg of seeds per plant per year, JAT currently has 1000ha of plants comes to 2 million kg of seeds. I haven’t found any prices for oil yet but have found seeds selling for .12c a kg. I don’t know if that is a high or low price. But that equates to $240k. JAT intends ramping up to 100,000ha, so 100 times $240k over time.

I guess the downside is the cost to produce oil if it is greater then the cost of refined oil. I am unsure how many uses of J-oil there are, but from a health perspective, villages prefer it to smoky substitutes for heating and lighting oil.

That said, I guess JAT is a 2-4 year growth and planting phase, with increasing oil quantities produced over that period.

What does everyone else think?

Disc: hold JAT

Quote Originally Posted by snackpack View Post
    I’ve been having a closer look at JAT to get the good oil, so to speak. On the positive side they are planting different plants between rows of Jatropha to make use of the ground while the Jatropha is maturing. This should provide an interim revenue stream. Waste products from processing Jatropha seeds are also sellable or useable as a fuel source when the processing phase starts.

There seems to be building demand and general undersupply of Jatropha oil at the moment by looking at Alibaba.com. This is likely to be filled with the new large scale plantations or collectives appearing around the world. India has a huge Jatropha supply but most of that production seems to be for the heating and lighting market, not the fuel oil market. Toyota has a large plantation too in the Philippines I think.

Plantations are expanding rapidly, will JAT be quick enough and compete, stay a minnow or get swallowed by the big boys?

From a marketing perspective Jatropha oil will have a feel-good factor and gain market share. Will people prefer to fly on a plane powered by sustainable plants or dirty Florida polluting sludge? Personally, I go for price, so I’m no good as an indicator.

I see it can take four years for a plant to mature, but they can mature and seed faster in tropical zones like Asia, perhaps even seeding two times a year. Assuming a best case of 1000 plants per hectare and 2kg of seeds per plant per year, JAT currently has 1000ha of plants comes to 2 million kg of seeds. I haven’t found any prices for oil yet but have found seeds selling for .12c a kg. I don’t know if that is a high or low price. But that equates to $240k. JAT intends ramping up to 100,000ha, so 100 times $240k over time.

I guess the downside is the cost to produce oil if it is greater then the cost of refined oil. I am unsure how many uses of J-oil there are, but from a health perspective, villages prefer it to smoky substitutes for heating and lighting oil.

That said, I guess JAT is a 2-4 year growth and planting phase, with increasing oil quantities produced over that period.

What does everyone else think?

Disc: hold JAT
    I like JAT because of where it is, in tropical South East Asia, heavily populated & a ready made market, & given the plants dont need much water local farmers now have another possible income stream without affecting existing crops.

They also have a partnership with PT Waterland International (Indonesia) to help them into production in late 2010.

JAT's closest competitor looks to be ASX:MBT & even they are moving away from palm oil to Jatropha oil, but i guess its all about scale, i read in JAT's recent newsletter, palm oil companies attract valuations of $US10 - 50k per hectare, so its indicative of what Jatropha could be worth.

$US10-50m market cap if they have 1,000ha in production (plants at maturity & seeding)

Current market cap @ $0.031 = ~$A3.5m (only 114m shares on issue), to the upside is potentially massive

Oil @ $US40/bbl has comparable costs to the Jatropha oil, so at the movement with oil > $US70/bbl makes exporting the Jatropha oil very profitable
    Last edited by shasta; 06-06-2010 at 04:23 PM.

I like JAT because of where it is, in tropical South East Asia, heavily populated & a ready made market, & given the plants dont need much water local farmers now have another possible income stream without affecting existing crops.

They also have a partnership with PT Waterland International (Indonesia) to help them into production in late 2010.

JAT's closest competitor looks to be ASX:MBT & even they are moving away from palm oil to Jatropha oil, but i guess its all about scale, i read in JAT's recent newsletter, palm oil companies attract valuations of $US10 - 50k per hectare, so its indicative of what Jatropha could be worth.

$US10-50m market cap if they have 1,000ha in production (plants at maturity & seeding)

Current market cap @ $0.031 = ~$A3.5m (only 114m shares on issue), to the upside is potentially massive

Oil @ $US40/bbl has comparable costs to the Jatropha oil, so at the movement with oil > $US70/bbl makes exporting the Jatropha oil very profitable
    JAT - JATOIL COMPLETES INDONESIAN TRANSACTION FOR FIRST 1,000 HECTARES OF JATROPHA

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=596343

Great ann with links to recent articles, a read good & glad to see this tiny market cap ramp up things for late 2010 production.

Plenty of upside

Disc: Nil

Excellent news. So if I have this right and using your $40 per barrel estimate, we could be expecting in the region of $US 176k for the first harvest. 700 tonnes at 6.3 barrels per tonne times $40 per barrel. The fact that they have secured buyers and oil production will increase as plants mature is promising too.

Their website implies much more acreage to be planted. Long term play but potential is there.